AuthorTopic: The safest place in england.  (Read 12004 times)

AbyssDJ

The safest place in england.
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2007, 18:30:11 »
Quote from: "Thrasher"
Sticks and stones. Did you actually ever grow up?

I just think it is funny that you think I'm bothered that someone you won't name has said something about me I haven't heard.

i dont think you're bothered... nor am i particularly bothered if you are or not... but still, if you carry on, maybe they'll tell you too one day.

Offline discograham

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2007, 18:30:16 »
Well... not of the person to whom the comment was aimed anyway....
*The grave of Karl Marx is just another communist plot*
*Racial prejudice is a pigment of the imagination*
*Last Tuesdays meeting of the apathy society has just been cancelled*

HORNET
Disco 300tdi ES, Rebel steering guard, QT diff guards, QT cones, Pro-comp ES9000 shocks, 2" lift, Extended stops,  Safari snorkel, 33/12.50/15 Khumo's, Greenway light bar, Rock and tree sliders, nice new door seals and an empty wallet.

MKMC

www.crag-uk.org

www.northants-green-lane.co.uk

www.northants4x4.com

AbyssDJ

« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2007, 18:34:07 »
Quote from: "Wanderer"
Usually that sort of thing comes out of jealousy. You need to be a grown up to see that though.

damn, you got me - i want to be just like thrasher, i just didnt want to tell anyone!

Quote from: "datalas"
stop being silly and stop baiting moderators, because I am frankly SICK TO DEATH of having my judgement questioned.

I want to leave this thread exactly as it is so that everyone can see what's gone on and make up their own minds as to who the culprits are...

Now how fair is that?

Now please, let it drop... ALL of you..........

looked like the admin doing the baiting to me... not really on, is it? leave it how you like, i'm not bothered. i do however think its particularly unfair if that particular post isnt moderated, but i'm sure you're not interested - after all, wouldnt want to nark a friend by editing their post.

[/thread]

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2007, 18:35:49 »
For the love of ......

there, I've made the edits, happy now?  or shall I just continue to pay for you to take no notice of me ?

/me goes to talk to the wall.....
--

AbyssDJ

« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2007, 18:38:09 »

you know he was baiting, i know he was baiting, and im damn sure he does, but still.... say hi to the wall for me

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2007, 18:38:16 »
:roll:

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2007, 18:40:16 »
Keri,

Iv clearly seen posts on here by mods saying that jsut because the language filter is there etc that doesn't mean use it, and that you should try not swear in the first place. Theres thread after thread pulled because people have been swearing in them and they've turned into arguments that could turn personal. Yet this one keeps going.

Are you trying to tell me that this thread hasn't degenerated, essentially, into Abyssdj calling me a moron on more than occasion. That's personal AFAIK.

However, to make it fair - I've done something about my behavior in this thread.

<---
--
Neil

AbyssDJ

« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2007, 18:42:55 »
edit -

OK, this is a final warning, please stop trying to goad me, bait me, insult me or anything else that you are doing, you are on wafer thin ice and I think that I've been about as reasonable as I'm willing to be.

im not trying to do anything other than prove a point, which i think i have done

Offline discograham

Attack Member
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2007, 18:44:22 »
Hello Keri :)

(edited at the request of abyssdj)
This post did say !expetive deleted! about 100 times.

There ... feel better now?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

HORNET
Disco 300tdi ES, Rebel steering guard, QT diff guards, QT cones, Pro-comp ES9000 shocks, 2" lift, Extended stops,  Safari snorkel, 33/12.50/15 Khumo's, Greenway light bar, Rock and tree sliders, nice new door seals and an empty wallet.

MKMC

www.crag-uk.org

www.northants4x4.com

AbyssDJ

« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2007, 18:47:02 »
Quote from: "discograham"
Hello Keri :)

(edited at the request of abyssdj)
This post did say !expetive deleted! about 100 times.

There ... feel better now?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

he's a comedian and a half, aint he? :roll:

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2007, 18:49:01 »
Keri,

Iv clearly seen posts on here by mods saying that jsut because the language filter is there etc that doesn't mean use it, and that you should try not swear in the first place. Theres thread after thread pulled because people have been swearing in them and they've turned into arguments that could turn personal. Yet this one keeps going.

Are you trying to tell me that this thread hasn't degenerated, essentially, into Abyssdj calling me a moron on more than occasion. That's personal AFAIK.

However, to make it fair - I've done something about my behavior in this thread.

<---

But it didn't have to turn into this did it? You cuold of jsut looked at what i was talking about and pmed me rather than posting the things you have and the matter would of gone no further, but you decided on the other option.

Edit: all it need was a mod to read what id said read thru the thread decide for themselves on the matter and pm me to say either yes they had a word and sorted it they weren't gonna do anything.

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2007, 18:53:00 »
Right...

Final word from the parrot...

SHUT THE SMEG UP!

I don't see any reason for people to have a side swipe at the admins and considering that it takes at least two to have an argument I think we all knew where this was going before it went anywhere.
--

AbyssDJ

« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2007, 18:55:25 »
had enough of it a while ago 8)

Offline discograham

Attack Member
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2007, 18:58:29 »
:wink:

HORNET

MKMC

www.crag-uk.org

www.northants4x4.com

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2007, 18:58:37 »
yeah, it sounds like it ...

/me is not playing anymore
--

Offline MudRat

Attack Member
e
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2007, 19:42:17 »
Well this thread has certainly gone off track! Love to you all!! Anyway I am now shopping at the co-op, where i see old people not the police (whom i respect dearly!) God why are they so slow (old people not police!)  :wink:

Offline Dave

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2007, 19:51:29 »
Now then don't start calling the old people we are all getting there.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:
DAVE
MUD-CLUB MEMBER 333

Disco TDI 1998
 Disco TDI 1993    K333 MUD
 Disco TDI 1994
 90  N/A soon to be TDI 1993
 Series 3 1971
 R33 Skyline GTS-T

Offline MudRat

Attack Member
e
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2007, 20:52:25 »
Yep some of us are nearer there than others  :wink:

Offline discograham

Attack Member
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2007, 21:00:04 »
Bet I'm nearer.... :cry:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

HORNET

MKMC

www.crag-uk.org

www.northants4x4.com

Offline P16LET

Attack Member
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2007, 21:39:15 »
It's not so much the police cars parked in Tesco's (..and yes, oddly enough it is always Tesco's, even though our Asda is 24 hour also!)....it's the Ambulance crews parked in MacDonalds?!  :shock:  :wink:

I know MacDonalds isn't that healthy as a diet option (...Supersize Me kinda proved that one)...but I didn't know we now had paramedics on standby just in case?!  :wink:
Sheep are like Landies - always looking for new and more interesting ways to die

Offline Steve ray

Attack Member
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2007, 22:15:05 »
See loadsa coppes in Tesco's Brownhills :D

PMSL @ this thread though ...... Mud Club? Or maybe rename it Mud Slinging Club ??  :roll:  :wink:  :lol:
Sponsor us for the 2010 MAC 4x4 UK Challenge (5-7 March) www.justgiving.com/teambofa4x42011

Offline v8kenny

Attack Member
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2007, 22:39:23 »
Quote from: "AbyssDJ"

also, please keep in mind that you post on here - i read many of your posts and think you're a moron without someone else confirming it.

What a great thread ! - aint laughed as much for ages
Loads of dummies getting spat out but worth it for the above quote (sorry Thrasher !)
Priceless !
 :lol:
The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I am doing, someone else does

att

« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2007, 22:46:07 »
Bloody typical Tesco thread........Every Little Hurts....... :wink:  :lol:

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2007, 23:09:04 »
Quote from: "discograham"
we all knew where this was going before it went anywhere.

Now, that HAS to be a sweeping generalisation.... :wink:

I know about sweeping generalisations... I'm rather fond of making them myself... :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :lol:

LOL... Good reply.... after reading all this our little debate has disappeared into insignificance. Dear god what has gone on here :?:

I think I will get my coat... by the way for the record didn't do to Tescos for refs today.. went to the local chippie! :lol:
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2007, 23:13:08 »
Quote from: "P16LET"
it's the Ambulance crews parked in MacDonalds?!  :shock:  :wink:

I know MacDonalds isn't that healthy as a diet option (...Supersize Me kinda proved that one)...but I didn't know we now had paramedics on standby just in case?!  :wink:

Ambulance crews are now dotted around on 'standby', so that they're not at the station between calls.

They do tend to park near a major road, or one that feeds a main arterial route for rapid responses.
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2007, 23:16:31 »
Quote from: "Bush Tucker Man"
Quote from: "P16LET"
it's the Ambulance crews parked in MacDonalds?!  :shock:  :wink:

Ambulance crews are now dotted around on 'standby', so that they're not at the station between calls.

On a similar vein (meal-breaks)

http://randomreality.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2007/9/4/3206197.html#comments
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Offline P16LET

Attack Member
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2007, 23:32:37 »
I had a sneaking suspicion that's what they were doing...(..it was only mentioned for the comedy value  :wink: ...and the similarity) I lived for a few years down in Worcs and an ambulance was always sat at the Macdonalds just outside Redditch, and as you rightly say, it was on the side of a very major road...it's only the same as Green Flag trucks parking in layby's on main roads as it's quicker to roll out from there as base garage.
Sheep are like Landies - always looking for new and more interesting ways to die

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2007, 23:44:41 »
I have met you both.

Abyss .... you lose on all counts but you are so pompus and so far up your own back passage that you can not understand why people would think that.

This forum, and the world in general. would not suffer if you were to disappear. Why don't you test my theory for me?
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2007, 23:50:22 »
Quote from: "Bob696"
I have met you both.

Abyss .... you lose on all counts but you are so pompus and so far up your own back passage that you can not understand why people would think that.

This forum, and the world in general. would not suffer if you were to disappear. Why don't you test my theory for me?

Have we met you  :? ?

Offline P16LET

Attack Member
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2007, 00:16:18 »
If you compare the number of people who have viewed this post, to the number of members who have actually posted, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that this topic is being observed with great relish.

It is irrespective whether any members have met either of you, although the phrase "proof of the pudding is in the eating" springs to mind, the simple fact of the matter is that you are making certain topics and areas of the forum no-go areas, with your over zealous critisism of anyone who is on the other side of the Forum fence, namely the Moderators and site admin.

At every given opportunity you manage to drag round any given topic to suit your own needs, primarily posting scathing remarks and at times very personal comments about both the moderators and the site admin.  Has it ever occured to either of you that this site is visited by hundreds of thousands of people a day....both current and prospective members alike....and if their impression of the site and its members was based on your brand of derogatory diatribe then I am almost ashamed to be a member and associated with you on that basis alone.

This entire site is run on a day to day basis by people who have jobs, lives and families of their own and yet still manage to provide us all with an extremely well put together site. They don't take a wage for doing this, nor do they expect US, the members, to dip into our pockets to perpetuate the club, as so many other sites do. Mud Club wouldn't survive without the members, but by the same token, it wouldn't be what it is without the team behind it....both sides make it the enjoyable, informative, family friendly and at times hilarious entity that it is....all they have ever asked is that we keep postings toned down a little, so that you wouldn't be afraid of either your kids or your granny reading what was on here!

Any form of moderation that you have been party to has little or nothing to do with curtailment of freedom of speech (..a point that you crow about all too often) but there is a time and a place for everything. My dad always said to me "it doesn't matter what you do, what you wear, or what you say, just never intentionally give offence"...perhaps this is a maxim you should ponder for a moment?

Pretty much everyone else manages to abide by the fairly lax site guidelines...so I really am intruiged as to why can't you?

(...something else to ponder, this entire rebuke was put together without using one single profanity...a novel concept to both of you I'm sure)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal