AuthorTopic: The safest place in england.  (Read 11886 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
The safest place in england.
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2007, 17:47:02 »
Ahhhh so Keri didn't try to sell some girly type stuff which upset someone and the moderators waded in and sorted it for her.

And you have often touted your wares with a we sell those and in fact sold items in the for sale section.

For goodness sakes grow up!
Ed
1993 200tdi Snorkly

Offline Highlander1

Attack Member
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2007, 17:47:19 »
Party time I'll bring the cakes  :lol:
Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2007, 17:49:01 »
Quote from: "Wanderer"
Ahhhh so Keri didn't try to sell some girly type stuff which upset someone and the moderators waded in and sorted it for her.

And you have often touted your wares with a we sell those and in fact sold items in the for sale section.

I thought he was getting at commercial buisness advertising and selling!!!

But yes i did try and sell some shampoo and stuff i had laying about and have sold a few landrover bits before.

Edit: i doubt you find me saying to someone we can sell those or anything similar because i don't  :?

AbyssDJ

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2007, 17:49:50 »
Quote from: "Wanderer"

the girly type stuff was not being sold from a business... it was being sold because we had it and didnt want it. check up on it, and you'll see that.

the items that i posted in the for sale section a while ago were there because after a chat with a member about similar stuff, i thought some people might be interested in reading about them, NOT because i expected or indeed intended to sell any.

this of course is all assuming you dont want to buy an 138dB subwoofer... if you want one, i can by all means sell you one.

AbyssDJ

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2007, 17:50:32 »
Quote from: "Highlander1"

do make sure you get them from tescos, wont you?

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2007, 17:53:39 »
Quote from: "abyss !Expletive Deleted!"

I'm glad it's all a joke, that kinda makes up for you calling one of my friends and a site admin a moron ... :roll:

and you wonder why you might be developing a reputation...

Anyhow, I'm going to climb down off this high horse I seem to have found myself on and actually get on with the "job" of moderating this forum.

If you could all refrain from weeing on the carpet for a little while, I'd be grateful.
--

AbyssDJ

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2007, 17:57:06 »
to be honest mate i have no intention of making up for it - friend of yours or not, admin or not - i think the guys a moron. almost every post i see theres a "one better than the last" attitude.

theres no wondering about my "reputation"... i can accept the fact that many people dislike me perfectly well, and i can also understand many of the reasons given. after all, who likes someone that says what they think? theres plenty of people that do, but on the flipside, theres more people that dont.

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2007, 18:01:03 »

Can I come? But I would like to say that down in Hampshire, we only use Waitrose, when the delivery from Harrods is late. They do such a fine line in canapes and Beluga caviar. The only problem is that it sticks to my baton and makes my fingers smell fishy, which is nice in certain circumstances, but most unpleasant in others.
Will there be chocolate blancmange and pink bunnies?

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2007, 18:02:00 »

Can you at least change your nickname so it doesn't look like you're deliberately trying to make my blood boil ?

Or is that an undue level of moderation ?
--

Offline discograham

Attack Member
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2007, 18:03:44 »
Quote from: "Evilgoat"

You should try it sometime, it can be arranged.

Sadly, as I hinted at in my posts, I have...
*The grave of Karl Marx is just another communist plot*
*Racial prejudice is a pigment of the imagination*
*Last Tuesdays meeting of the apathy society has just been cancelled*

HORNET
Disco 300tdi ES, Rebel steering guard, QT diff guards, QT cones, Pro-comp ES9000 shocks, 2" lift, Extended stops,  Safari snorkel, 33/12.50/15 Khumo's, Greenway light bar, Rock and tree sliders, nice new door seals and an empty wallet.

MKMC

www.crag-uk.org

www.northants-green-lane.co.uk

www.northants4x4.com

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2007, 18:04:27 »
Quote from: "Lord Shagg-Pyle"

Can I come? But I would like to say that down in Hampshire, we only use Waitrose, when the delivery from Harrods is late.

What's this mlud... not giving the county it's full name...?

Hampshiredarling

Wifey will be disgusted.. her being from Andover and all that!

Skibum

AbyssDJ

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2007, 18:06:04 »
Quote from: "datalas"

Can you at least change your nickname so it doesn't look like you're deliberately trying to make my blood boil ?

Or is that an undue level of moderation ?

gladly - if you could kindly edit or remove the ridulous post that the good example of a site admin posted previously. clearly, the quotes will need editing too, but im sure you are aware of that

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2007, 18:09:31 »
on the other hand, most of what i see or hear about you relates to a big headed moronic attitude

Cool :)

Where'd you here that? Or are you basing it on something you *think* - because I'm pretty sure we've never met.

However, as I'm an adult I don't care a fig what you think. In fact you made me laugh, which is just what I needed after work :)
--
Neil

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2007, 18:12:30 »
Quote from: "AbyssDJ"

gladly - if you could kindly edit or remove the ridulous post that the good example of a site admin posted previously. clearly, the quotes will need editing too, but im sure you are aware of that

That's revisionist history, which I seem to recall was the subject of a previous comment of yours on the moderation of this forum.

Besides, that is an argument between yourself and Neil, what you think of him and what he thinks of you is none of my concern in this particular regard.

I've made a reasonable request, the same request I have made of a dozen members regarding unsuitable or questionable screen names.

I'm trying my hardest to be reasonable and level headed and if you hadn't noticed have just corrected various avatars which as you pointed out are against the grain with regards to content.  Please try to appreciate that I am desperately not trying to make this personal.
--

AbyssDJ

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2007, 18:13:01 »
unfortunately (for you, at least...) im not about to disclose where i hear things about you. thankfully you are correct, i've never met you... but i do know a few people that have. still, you never know... maybe one day, you will be graced with my glowing presence ;)

funnily enough, i couldnt care either... but i think you've probably noticed that by now :roll:

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2007, 18:15:18 »
unfortunately (for you, at least...) im not about to disclose where i hear things about you

Too worried?
--
Neil

AbyssDJ

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2007, 18:17:58 »
That's revisionist history, which I seem to recall was the subject of a previous comment of yours on the moderation of this forum.

Besides, that is an argument between yourself and Neil, what you think of him and what he thinks of you is none of my concern in this particular regard.

I've made a reasonable request, the same request I have made of a dozen members regarding unsuitable or questionable screen names.

I'm trying my hardest to be reasonable and level headed and if you hadn't noticed have just corrected various avatars which as you pointed out are against the grain with regards to content.  Please try to appreciate that I am desperately not trying to make this personal.

sorry, im not with you as far as revisionist history goes? you're right though, the argument was indeed between me and the great thrasher.

i had indeed noticed the various avatars and screen names (actually, just the one, but still), which is all good. just for reference, i wasnt saying they bothered me... i was just making a point of saying if one thing is going to be moderated, then the same should be done with the rest.

thrashers post should also be moderated for exactly that reason. end of the day, others have had posts locked, edited or removed for less, so admin or not he should recieve the same, regardless of the subject of the post.

AbyssDJ

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2007, 18:18:23 »
Quote from: "Thrasher"
unfortunately (for you, at least...) im not about to disclose where i hear things about you

Too worried?

about?

Offline discograham

Attack Member
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2007, 18:19:45 »
I attract about as much respect around here as long john silver's parrot.

Ok... so your'e starting on the parrots now, huh ? :roll:

Just because they can't defend themselves !

HORNET
Disco 300tdi ES, Rebel steering guard, QT diff guards, QT cones, Pro-comp ES9000 shocks, 2" lift, Extended stops,  Safari snorkel, 33/12.50/15 Khumo's, Greenway light bar, Rock and tree sliders, nice new door seals and an empty wallet.

MKMC

www.crag-uk.org

www.northants4x4.com

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2007, 18:19:58 »
Saying you've heard something about someone, then refusing to say who from, smacks of the playground.

I think we grew out of it a long time ago.
--
Neil

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2007, 18:20:01 »
curiously enough, people have had posts removed for excessive swearing and trying to bypass the swear filter....

what thrasher actually typed was "!expletive deleted!" which is probably not against those rules :-?
--

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2007, 18:21:01 »
Saying you've heard something about someone, then refusing to say who from, smacks of the playground.

No its called not wanting to cause trouble for others.

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2007, 18:21:45 »
Why should my post be removed? It doesn't actually say anything ... it's just copy and paste of !expletive deleted!  :roll:
--
Neil

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2007, 18:22:43 »
Ah .. so someone has said things about me, someone I must know (or have known) and they do not want me to know. There's a word for that.
--
Neil

AbyssDJ

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2007, 18:23:08 »

that may well be correct - but regardless of that, im still not about to tell the world where the rumours about you come from. you should be bothering more about why they are there, rather than who they're coming from. :roll:

also, please keep in mind that you post on here - i read many of your posts and think you're a moron without someone else confirming it.

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2007, 18:25:08 »
Sticks and stones. Did you actually ever grow up?

I just think it is funny that you think I'm bothered that someone you won't name has said something about me I haven't heard.
--
Neil

AbyssDJ

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2007, 18:26:57 »
curiously enough, people have had posts removed for excessive swearing and trying to bypass the swear filter....

what thrasher actually typed was "!expletive deleted!" which is probably not against those rules :-?

which is exactly what i did with my username ;) however, to anyone else, !Expletive Deleted! could have allsorts of things hidden beneath it.... so does the fact that it was copy and pasted make any difference?

besides, even if you completely ignore all of that, its still baiting... people get posts locked, edited or removed for that ;) come on, stop being silly now... if you're going to moderate one thing, moderate the rest.

Offline Wanderer

Attack Member
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2007, 18:27:05 »
Quote from: "AbyssDJ"

that may well be correct - but regardless of that, im still not about to tell the world where the rumours about you come from. you should be bothering more about why they are there, rather than who they're coming from. :roll:

also, please keep in mind that you post on here - i read many of your posts and think you're a moron without someone else confirming it.

Usually that sort of thing comes out of jealousy. You need to be a grown up to see that though.
Ed
1993 200tdi Snorkly

Offline discograham

Attack Member
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2007, 18:28:40 »
Moron... " adult with a mental age of about 8 to 12.... " ( concise Oxford dictionary...)...

Nope... I can't quite see it... :wink:

HORNET

MKMC

www.crag-uk.org

www.northants4x4.com

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2007, 18:28:56 »
stop being silly and stop baiting moderators, because I am frankly SICK TO DEATH of having my judgement questioned.

I want to leave this thread exactly as it is so that everyone can see what's gone on and make up their own minds as to who the culprits are...

Now how fair is that?

Now please, let it drop... ALL of you..........
--

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal