AuthorTopic: The safest place in england.  (Read 11885 times)

marjan

Re: e
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2007, 20:05:20 »
Quote from: "Lord Shagg-Pyle"
As one of the afore mentioned supposed wasters of tax payers money, I would like to set a few things straight.
1) We, contrary to popular belief, are human, and have to eat and drink the same as you do.
2) If food is purchased, we pay for it out of our wages, not from the tax payers purse.
3) It is not uncommon, when on rural sectors, to have a patrol area of 300+ miles, so the only place that may be open is the nearest 24hr shop, unless of course we should break into the nearest KFC or poach our scoff from the nearest field.
4) There are very few Police stations with kitchen/canteen facilities, as they have been closed for varying reasons including Health and Safety, namely we are not qualified to cook our own meals. Their ruling,not mine. I am fully trained to drive at +150mph to catch criminals, deal with armed villains, be social workers to dysfunctional families and nurse maid drunks, but it is too risky for me to boil an egg.
5) I along with numerous other officers, always 'lunch in the office', namely in the car, as we are then out on the street able to respond and not stuck in the Nick getting jumped on by pen wielding civvies and egotistical supervisors.
6) Most 24hr shops tend to attract a higher number than average amount of loonies, drunks, and weirdos at night. Hence patrols are encouraged to attend there as a crime deterrent.
7) In relation to the bit about uniforms and cars, perhaps we should all strip off and go there on unicycles?

Hopefully that will clear up a few things. I along with the vast majority of other Police Officers have a difficult enough job to do dealing with all that Society can come up with.
Perhaps those officers that you have seen have just come back from a messy accident caused by some moron thinking he is the greatest driver in the world, or comforting some old lady that has had her life destroyed by burglars, or facing a knife wielding cretin that thinks he is Napoleon?
Think about what you don't see us doing, before you have a go about what you do see us doing.

You won't find me having a go at our boys in blue for having a short break for sustanance. After all I'm a council worker and I have more breaks than KitKat  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline simdeb

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
The safest place in england.
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2007, 20:54:22 »
Quote from: "The Ant Hill Mob"

I know times change, and I'm not longing for the good old days where diptheria, measles and scarlet fever were child killers, but this type of policing seemed to work well - they didn't have ASBO's in those days, as Policemen (and Teachers) got the respect they deserved from the vast majority of people.

first day back at school and i over hear a child saying to another 'there's going to be fight after school'
while questioning the boy he said 'you can't do anything anyway its after school'

he was marched to the heads office, and gladly let him know who and when!!!!!
North Nottinghamshire rep for GLASS

nottinghamshirenorth.rep@glass-uk.org

Offline wizard

Attack Member
    • Cardiff. In the land of our fathers, so i am told
« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2007, 22:14:20 »
I called the cops out once. three little scum bags slashed my tyres, mrs wizards tyres and a mates tyres.
I gave the copper the scum bags names, phone numbers and addresses and he recons there is nothing they can do !!!!!
no wonder they all hang about Tesco's

wizard

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2007, 22:44:49 »
I've been away for a few days. Has it really got this heavy? Crazeee! As a result of this the masive amount of interest in this thread, I have now changed my eating and shopping habits.
I now shop only at Fortnum and Masons, as I find their foie gras is of such finer quality than Harrods.
As for Tescos, well, all I can say is that I wouldn't park my BMW works carraige anywhere near a place that quite plainly attracts such unwarranted attention! :shock:
I hope you realise that you all have behaved very badly and were the topic of conversation at the after dinner servant beating at Sandringham last weekend!
Believe me, a certain cousin of mine was not amused, and her hubby was on about horse whips! But enough of his personal preferences!
I must go as I have to go and get the house boy to polish the patrol car. One does have certain standards to keep up in Hampshar, don't cha know?
Tally Ho, chocks away, first one to bag Billy the Burglar gets a medal, hurrah!

P.S thanks most awfullly to Highlander1, for the most satisfying peasant shooting. Sorry, did I say peasant? I meant grouse. Much the same thing really! Time for a skinny dip, lorks a lordy, then back for a hot crumpet! Chin chin!

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2007, 08:10:36 »
I've been away for a few days. Has it really got this heavy? Crazeee! As a result of this the masive amount of interest in this thread, I have now changed my eating and shopping habits.
I now shop only at Fortnum and Masons, as I find their foie gras is of such finer quality than Harrods.
As for Tescos, well, all I can say is that I wouldn't park my BMW works carraige anywhere near a place that quite plainly attracts such unwarranted attention! :shock:
I hope you realise that you all have behaved very badly and were the topic of conversation at the after dinner servant beating at Sandringham last weekend!
Believe me, a certain cousin of mine was not amused, and her hubby was on about horse whips! But enough of his personal preferences!
I must go as I have to go and get the house boy to polish the patrol car. One does have certain standards to keep up in Hampshar, don't cha know?

P.S thanks most awfullly to Highlander1, for the most satisfying peasant shooting. Sorry, did I say peasant? I meant grouse. Much the same thing really! Time for a skinny dip, lorks a lordy, then back for a hot crumpet! Chin chin!

Oh dear god LSP you have lost the plot totally.... any how My dad has an account at Fortumns.... oh now its catching and I am loosing the plot.
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2007, 22:51:00 »
Quote from: "Boggert"

Oh dear god LSP you have lost the plot totally.... any how My dad has an account at Fortumns.... oh now its catching and I am loosing the plot.

It all depends on your definition of normality, old boy! If all about you are losing their minds, then you must be ok. At least that is what the trick cyclist told me. Cluck, squeak, parp, hyphen!

Offline cardiff_gareth

Attack Member
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2007, 23:21:45 »
Quote from: "wizard"
I called the cops out once. three little scum bags slashed my tyres, mrs wizards tyres and a mates tyres.
I gave the copper the scum bags names, phone numbers and addresses and he recons there is nothing they can do !!!!!
no wonder they all hang about Tesco's

wizard

yes but you also know who they are and where they live etc so in time, when its all forgotten about Wizard may use the aveda kadava spell !!

:wink:
Moved over to the dark side - Suzuki's !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal