AuthorTopic: The safest place in england.  (Read 11884 times)

Offline crazymac

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
The safest place in england.
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 21:22:55 »
Well restrained boggert! I'm not sure I could be, in your position!!

Yes you are entitled to your opinion discograham, but what you have come up with is such a load of generalised drivel!!!!

Yes there are some not so good coppers, but they are far outweighed by the good ones, like there are complete idiots in other jobs, and as usual its the crap ones that get promoted to management!!! and that is where the rot sets in.

If you have a complete idiot as your line manager, who cares more about targets and budgets that fighting for the good of the service then how can you blame the coppers on the streets when they take what time they can? the wage is crap for what the do, and they stand a real risk of being shot or stabbed in this crap society that we find ourselves in. Their families are affected by the job, but still they line up to protect YOU and your way of life.

WITHOUT THE POLICE FORCE, WHERE WOULD WE BE?

Somewhere up sht creek without a paddle :shock:
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

Offline discograham

Attack Member
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 22:41:11 »
I wholeheartedly accept that I have made a sweeping generalisation, and of course there are some wonderful police officers out there working their hearts out...

BUT...

I can only go by my own experiences...

I have never been arrested or detained in my life...   I have never assaulted anyone, stolen ANYTHING whatsoever, not even as a child...the only time that I have "broken the law" was for a speeding offence, at 3am, doing 47 on a dual carriage way when I should have been doing 40... ( but that's another story )... that was not the way I was brought up... however, I have witnessed all the events that I have mentioned, and they are the norm, not the exception... so where are all these police officers to whom you refer ? I am of good character, chairman of the residents association etc, and have no axe to grind with the police. If I have offended anyone... too bad... you shouldn't be so touchy and easy to offend... People must be allowed to criticise or wrong doings will go unchecked... I tell it as I see it, that's all there is to it... perhaps you should read my post again ... you may notice then that it was not anti police... just somewhat critical of them...
*The grave of Karl Marx is just another communist plot*
*Racial prejudice is a pigment of the imagination*
*Last Tuesdays meeting of the apathy society has just been cancelled*

HORNET
Disco 300tdi ES, Rebel steering guard, QT diff guards, QT cones, Pro-comp ES9000 shocks, 2" lift, Extended stops,  Safari snorkel, 33/12.50/15 Khumo's, Greenway light bar, Rock and tree sliders, nice new door seals and an empty wallet.

MKMC

www.crag-uk.org

www.northants-green-lane.co.uk

www.northants4x4.com

Offline Highlander1

Attack Member
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 04:29:52 »
Quote from: discograham
But image and attitude count for so much, don't you think ?
And the old chestnut of  " just picked up someones brains " or " had to tell someone their child has died" ...well, there's only so much of that "feel sorry for me" bull that I can take...I've done it..it's not nice but get over it...it's part of the job so give over on the sympathy/shock angle will you... coppers these days are not what they used to be.

BUT...

They catch some toe-rag, and some shyster gets him off... or some social worker intervenes and the dim judiciary let them off with neary a slap... where is the job satisfaction in that ?

Hey If you allow someone a meal break at tescos for 3 hours and don't complain whose the fool.

As for dealing with death whatever rocks you boat for me it's just a job and I' dont give a toss. One way or the other. Go copper bash to someone who gives a [!Expletive Deleted!]. It's my life I wear the uniform not you and by the way. Power trip my arse I can stand a round in the pub like the rest of humanity. I laugh with the guy's Iv'e nicked the week before it's a way of life I enjoy it I live it. You seem to have a need to name drop that you know lazy police officers that's your problem. Get a life.
Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 09:02:28 »
Quote from: "discograham"
I wholeheartedly accept that I have made a sweeping generalisation, and of course there are some wonderful police officers out there working their hearts out...

BUT...

I can only go by my own experiences...

I have never been arrested or detained in my life...   I have never assaulted anyone, stolen ANYTHING whatsoever, not even as a child...the only time that I have "broken the law" was for a speeding offence, at 3am, doing 47 on a dual carriage way when I should have been doing 40... ( but that's another story )... that was not the way I was brought up... however, I have witnessed all the events that I have mentioned, and they are the norm, not the exception... so where are all these police officers to whom you refer ? I am of good character, chairman of the residents association etc, and have no axe to grind with the police. If I have offended anyone... too bad... you shouldn't be so touchy and easy to offend... People must be allowed to criticise or wrong doings will go unchecked... I tell it as I see it, that's all there is to it... perhaps you should read my post again ... you may notice then that it was not anti police... just somewhat critical of them...

I'm not being touchy, which is why I said... "I'm going to hold back" to be honest arm chair wingers and complainers bore me silly, if you have an issue deal with it or let it go.

However I am allowed to disagree with you tunnel vision remember its a free world and I can be offended by you point of view as I am human.

If I made a sweeping generalisation of your profession I'm sure there are plenty of people out there in that job that would be offended so why are we so different. :wink:

Any how I'm no different to Highlander for me its a job not my life.
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline MudRat

Attack Member
w
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 10:16:00 »
On another tack, why do i always see fire engines at fires, is it a coincidence, or do firemen just like to be warm......??

I once saw an ambulance at Morrisons........do they not like Tescos?? or are they scared of the police???

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 16:12:26 »
This thread isnt really helping anything as its coming across as its those in the police force who are using the worst language and being most offensive. No-one has made a personal attack at anyone its all generalisation like there is in every sector of anything. So why does it seem that some people are taking it as very personal indeed and are feeling the need to defend "themselves" in a very defensive way. If your not one of the generalised then where is the need to get so nasty about it? As thats how it is coming across.

I could understand it if someone had come along and said without any proof "That highlander guy off here ya know the one in the police he's a right lazy sod saw him at tesco the other, wasting tax payers money again like all the other boys in blue." Then there would be call for some of the replys in this thread.

Everyone get sterotyped everyday be it for being male or female, being a police officer, a doctor, or a builder. And those that are getting all worked up about this and "generalisation" im sure have at one time or another stero typed someone or someones proffession.

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 16:35:03 »
I think both sides need to be aware that there are two sides to this.

I've been to some horric scenes and the Police almost always beat us to it. I've had Police officers in the back of the bus more than once and I know enough of them to know there are plenty of good officers out there, this is why I always try to avoid gettring into rows like this.

I will quite hapilly stand up and say that Hampshire constabulary are oneof the most useless showers I have ever seen, at the sem time the actual officers on the beat arent actually to blame here and I have plenty of tim for people like LSP, Boggert and Highlander. What I dont have time for it the beuracrtic, target driven politically correct BS they have to deal with.

From the outside the public see a police force thats as useful as a chocolate firegaurd, inefficent and a money pit taht vitimises their specific minority. Where as reality is a lot different. Yes I've had my issues woth individuals (Normaly Police Control) but as far as they are able they do a good job. So Highlander goes and nicks some nev for drink driving in a stolen car and the scum is back out in 2 months. Its not Highlanders fault they decided to give him a slap on the wrist, points on a licence he probobly doesnt have and a fine he'll never pay.

The Police officers on here need to remeber what the Public and the majority of people on here see. While everybody else needs to understand its no the fault of these guys. There are always going to be bad eggs in any job, hell theres been a Paramed done recently for something very unsavoury and firefigters arent immune either.

Every officer I know in all three serviced joined because they wanted to make a difference, stop and think before you speak out next time and imagine how they feel about the fact that they cant do this effectively anymore.
And the old chestnut of " just picked up someones brains " or " had to tell someone their child has died" ...well, there's only so much of that "feel sorry for me" bull that I can take...I've done it..it's not nice but get over it...it's part of the job so give over on the sympathy/shock angle will you.

You should try it sometime, it can be arranged. Just spend a night with the Police on the front line dealing with the worst humanity can deal with. A night with the Ambulance and Fire crerws doing the same.

Do you honestly think you could do it. Drag a charred child from a fire, try and save that childs life knowing full well you cant, then take the parents in to see the charred remains of their little girl/boy. These people do it daily and 6 months of it was enought for me to turn round and put my hand up and say that I couldnt do it.

Fair enough your views on the rest but these people do an almost impossible job, one that joe on the street couldnt do, please, have some respect.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
Re: e
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 16:54:37 »
Quote from: "Lord Shagg-Pyle"
Think about what you don't see us doing, before you have a go about what you do see us doing.

=D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

Offline Highlander1

Attack Member
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 17:05:29 »
Expletive deleted I promise to be polite and use the term excrement from now on. I usually get called the impolite name for a sphincter but then I'm good at dealing with excrement. :lol:  :roll:

Lighten up no offense meant or intended I we relying on the expletive delated button a bit like the beep on BBC :lol:
Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 17:14:37 »
Quote from: "Highlander1"
Expletive deleted I promise to be polite and use the term excrement from now on. I usually get called the impolite name for a sphincter but then I'm good at dealing with excrement. :lol:  :roll:

Lighten up no offense meant or intended I we relying on the expletive delated button a bit like the beep on BBC :lol:

Im not offended i couldn't give a [!Expletive Deleted!] how many times you swear i was just saying how it must of been coming across to all sensitive souls on mudclub. As usually the MODs pile on top on anyone for swearing wether its picked up with the filter or not!

Im always getting threads locked because people can't lighten up on here....... Yet you've got away with more [!Expletive Deleted!] in one post than i have in 1 year LOL

My point was more you seem to be getting very worked up over something as if it was a personal attack on you.

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2007, 17:19:20 »
Quote from: "Keri"

Im always getting threads locked because people can't lighten up on here....... Yet you've got away with more !Expletive Deleted! in one post than i have in 1 year LOL

My point was more you seem to be getting very worked up over something as if it was a personal attack on you.

Perhaps you should stop baiting them? No-one has said anything about locking or moderating this topic, so please, dont give them reason to.

You are of course free to leave the club if you have a problem with the way things are run.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

Audi S2 Avant 360bhp

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2007, 17:24:54 »
Quote from: "Evilgoat"

Im always getting threads locked because people can't lighten up on here....... Yet you've got away with more !Expletive Deleted! in one post than i have in 1 year LOL

Perhaps you should stop baiting them? No-one has said anything about locking or moderating this topic, so please, dont give them reason to.

You are of course free to leave the club if you have a problem with the way things are run.

I have a problem with one rule for one and another rule for another!

Iv clearly seen posts on here by mods saying that jsut because the language filter is there etc that doesn't mean use it, and that you should try not swear in the first place. Theres thread after thread pulled because people have been swearing in them and they've turned into arguments that could turn personal. Yet this one keeps going.

And why would i want to leave when it full of such great pleasent people.

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2007, 17:25:10 »
Hello Keri :)

(edited at the request of abyssdj)
This post did say !expetive deleted! about 100 times.

There ... feel better now?
--
Neil

AbyssDJ

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2007, 17:25:54 »
Quote from: "Thrasher"

[ I'd better edit this one too ]

how very mature of you :roll:

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2007, 17:27:08 »

[ you think anyone actually realises that I told nelly off for doing this ? hmm probably not, but it's been decided that I'm unfair and naughty and not worth listening to anyhow ... puckarrk! ]

:roll:  oh look you jsut couldn't resist going one better than everyone else could you..... There's a suprise from Mr Mature site owner setting a great example to everyone else.

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2007, 17:27:42 »
how very mature of you

Well..I thought it was about time we got to play as well. Kinda a bit annoying that everyone else can.
--
Neil

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2007, 17:28:39 »
how very mature of you

Well..I thought it was about time we got to play as well. Kinda a bit annoying that everyone else can.

You carry on then  :) are you having fun.

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2007, 17:28:49 »
Quote from: Keri
Quote from: Evilgoat

Iv clearly seen posts on here by mods saying that jsut because the language filter is there etc that doesn't mean use it, and that you should try not swear in the first place. Theres thread after thread pulled because people have been swearing in them and they've turned into arguments that could turn personal. Yet this one keeps going.

Yes this is because YOU (yes thats the person sat behind your keyboard) turns EVRY little niggle into an excuse to cause headaches and trouble. Hell your proud of being kicked of other sites so you are going for another? Let the topic continue about it was actually about, do us a favour and go elsewhere till you can grow up.

There was no issue here untill you piped up.

Audi S2 Avant 360bhp

AbyssDJ

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2007, 17:29:24 »
how very mature of you

you can do what you like - its "your site".

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2007, 17:30:23 »
Well, I've seen some good advice on this thread from other forum users. Just for your edification you can push and push and whine and moan about certain other users, but when I do a nice search of your posts all I find are for sales, snipes, moans and oddly .. not a lot in the way of constructive advice.
--
Neil

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2007, 17:31:29 »
Quote from: Evilgoat
Quote from: Keri

Yes this is because YOU (yes thats the person sat behind your keyboard) turns EVRY little niggle into an excuse to cause headaches and trouble. Hell your proud of being kicked of other sites so you are going for another? Let the topic continue about it was actually about, do us a favour and go elsewhere till you can grow up.

Im not proud of getting kicked off other sites. Only site iv been kicked off was LRUK and i was only banned because i live with liam! Not because of anything i did. I was in sheffield at my mums when all the [!Expletive Deleted!] cracked off on there and when i came home i was banned!

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2007, 17:31:50 »
Kerri and Abbys whatever - grow up or get out... its up to you, well actually its not just try and please remeber that use of this forum is a privledge not a right as you seem to take it for.

Dave
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2007, 17:32:34 »
you can do what you like - its "your site".

..and this is where you failed to see the whole point :(

It's OUR site, mine, yours, everyones. It's a community.
--
Neil

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2007, 17:33:18 »
Well, I've seen some good advice on this thread from other forum users. Just for your edification you can push and push and whine and moan about certain other users, but when I do a nice search of your posts all I find are for sales, snipes, moans and oddly .. not a lot in the way of constructive advice.

Iv never made any sales on here or anything.......  :?

AbyssDJ

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2007, 17:35:05 »

it was actually me that got kicked off lruk. the admin/owner/whatever that i actually had the problems with no longer uses it either, basically because he [!Expletive Deleted!] everyone off. they booted keri off because apparently i might access the forum using her username.

the point that was made about highlanders post is completely justified - numerous people get posts removed or edited for language, having a "blanket dig at other members", and all the rest. certain other people seem to be able to say whatever they like, and either nothing is done about it at all, or nothing is done until someone points it out.

if you're going to preach rules, then sort out various members swearing, various members attitudes to people asking what they see as a simple question, sort out peoples avatars that are lurking around the thin line of being "family friendly", and all the other garb.

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2007, 17:37:47 »
Oh for the love of [insert deity of choice]

We're adults, or supposed to be.  If we cannot communicate without resorting to swear words then frankly whatever we have to say clearly doesn't need saying.  

There is an amount of unfair moderation, but it's not unfair because of some personal vendetta or other such reasons it's because of a very simple fact.  

The moderators like everyone else in this country, and most of the other ones I can mention have to go to work to earn money,  this takes a considerable amount of our time.  The remainder of which is spent reading what we would like to be "all" of the posts on the forum.    However, not all posts are going to be read, it's logistics I'm afraid.  If you'd like to pay me to moderate the forum full time, then fine, but I expect mental health insurance thrown in to be brutally honest.

"People can't lighten up", no, we can't, but what you might mean to be a slight or even comedic twist on matters can be taken the wrong way, and when people are stressed, tired or anything else *is* taken the wrong way.

Not for the first time I've read a post and wondered if it's not actually a side swipe at my morality, judgment or friends,  paranoid, yes I probably am but there you have it I think I've earnt the right to be.

We have children who read the forum, if everyone could realise this and stop acting like one for a second that means we're supposed to keep certain standards.   if only as an example to others.   You might not object to people swearing infront of your children, hell you might not even have any, but please bear in mind that some people do object and they are within their rights to do so.

As for being picked on, well, that's not something I have consciously done to anyone on here indeed I have had to suppress my own opinions on just about every topic to avoid offending anyone or getting drawn into an argument and trying to maintain what I consider to be an "even" approach.  You might think I've failed, and you're free to believe that.

As for not moderating anyone else,  that simply is not true, you can choose to believe that I'm a liar if you wish although I have no reason to lie to you I'm just running out of reasons to care what you think of me, since it's been pointed out countless times that I attract about as much respect around here as long john silver's parrot.

As for Rich not being moderated, well, that'd involve him posting something coherent and well spelt enough for me to be able to moderate wouldn't it ?
--

AbyssDJ

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2007, 17:39:38 »

i dont recall mud-club being on my list of "sell things here" websites... funnily enough, i dont think many people would be interested in a 20 grand line array.

i see snipes from lots of people on here, certainly see enough moans from people... theres a moan thread for christs sake... if you dont see constructive advice, then maybe you should open your eyes. theres plenty of people on here that i've offered advice to and/or tried to help out in one way or another.

on the other hand, most of what i see or hear about you relates to a big headed moronic attitude

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2007, 17:41:08 »
Right..... can we get back to the business of having fun now....?

Please...?

:roll:

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2007, 17:43:36 »
Quote from: "Skibum346"
Right..... can we get back to the business of having fun now....?

Please...?

:roll:

Apparently not ...
--

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2007, 17:44:32 »