AuthorTopic: Smokers  (Read 12235 times)

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
  • Referrals: 0
Smokers
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2007, 16:54:30 »
You must have pointy shoes, to get someone's butt stuck on them!

Offline L90OOK

Attack Member
    • Somerset
Smokers
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2007, 17:27:23 »
Quote from: "Lord Shagg-Pyle"

:(biglaugh):
Did everyone see that?  Because I will NOT be doing it again!

Offline TDi90

Attack Member
  • Rolly - Under Construction...
Smokers
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 18:10:12 »
Quote from: "Niel"

As for the Uni-link bus drivers driving one handed whilst speeding through Southampton with one out the window holding their fag...

im scared of those bus drivers, and im on foot every day  :shock:  :roll:

Quote from: "boggert"
Then it's a ride back to the nik for a bare knuckle fight to resolve the matter

damn right, bagzie spectating... my money is on jamie the PASSAT man from the country (i like your style) YEAH!

just to add water to the fire (like steam in a sauna it makes things a little hotter  :twisted: )

ive seen my dad to that to someone waiting in traffic behind a smoker.

Rob

p.s. what you people forget is that after fresh waxoyl on yer motor it could start a fire  :evil:
TDi90
~The DFYTR Moderation Team~

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 18:13:26 »
Quote from: "Lord Shagg-Pyle"

PMSL  :lol:
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline graham

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 22:39:10 »
Can't believe someone would get to fisty cuffs over a cig butt, will be falling out of a teddy bears name next.  :lol:
Nissan Terrano
Land Rover Lightweight
ex TD5 Discovery &
RR classic owner

Offline Niel

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 23:06:23 »
Quote from: "TDi90"
Quote from: "Niel"

As for the Uni-link bus drivers driving one handed whilst speeding through Southampton with one out the window holding their fag...

im scared of those bus drivers, and im on foot every day  :shock:  :roll:
Rob

You should be, 30 limit, forget that it's a sheduled service so no tacho's and foot down to try and catch-up/make time for a tea break...I've seen 40 plus in a 30 as a passenger ONCE, never again!

Mind Luckett's have actually admitted to me in writing one of their coaches was doing 36 in a 30 (Highlands road, Fareham), according to the 12 points recorded over ~2 miles by the sat-trac, they wouldn't tell me what the more accurate and constant monitoring Tacho recorded, needs a copper to demand that!

Offline graham

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 00:03:33 »
since the smoking ban our local is dead talk of the brewery closing it  :(
Nissan Terrano
Land Rover Lightweight
ex TD5 Discovery &
RR classic owner

Offline mike142sl

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2007, 11:27:46 »
Quote from: "graham"
since the smoking ban our local is dead talk of the brewery closing it  :(
Our local went the other way. In fact they went no smoking about 18 months before the ban came in and trade went right up. It's difficult to get a seat now!
Mike
Disco TD5 Landmark
SYM GTS250i Voyager
Swift Challenger 490

Re: Smokers
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2007, 15:40:18 »
Quote from: "L90OOK"
Ok...I am not an anti smoker, smoking etc...however I am anti smoking if...i'll just flick/stub the end out HERE... :evil:
I recently tapped on the window of a car, that had undone its window to throw the fag butt out of, flicked the butt back in (still alight) whilst politely telling the occupier they had dropped something.  :twisted:
They proceeded to get out the car shouting & moaning...until they eyed me up...(I'm 6ft & 18stone  :D ) then just looked embarrassed, apologiesed & !Expletive Deleted! off  :lol:
My gripe is how many other people do this & don't get challenged?
I know it is allot as I have seen the amount of fag butts on the floor!  :evil:

Hmmmm wonder about a few of the things here!

Firstly what would you have done if the guy in the car had been 6.3 and a 20st body builder? Would you have been so quick to chuck the fag end back in?
Secondly and in perspective if the car had caught fire because of your actions. Would you have worried so much about the pollution and litter then or would you have just gone on your way.
Finally how would you have felt if the car had caught fire and perhaps someone had been killed, or maimed in the ensuing fire bomb/explosion?
Just something to think about.

Offline denviks

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2007, 15:56:10 »
sorry but in my eyes this is bullying  :(  :(  :( if you have a problem with someones action then atleast talk to them first with thinking...." hmm im bigger than he/she is....i am safe to have a go....as i said. thats bullying  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

sorry its the way i feel so need to say how i feel  :?
cheers
dennis
more moves than a dad in a disco!!!!!!!!!!

im always @ www.plcuk.co.uk

Offline Sider

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2007, 18:55:58 »
I agree with Alan and Denviks. In all honesty, had you done that to me, you would be flat on your face. And I am about 4 stones lighter than you. However, I have never had any kind of simpathy for bullies, and as my instructor used to say: "Size does not matter, it is how you hit them that does".

Using your volume to put your point across equals, in my eyes, to schoolyard bullying, and if I may say so, the need to do it tends to be a sign of inferiority complex.

IMHO, your actions are not better than those of the Anti4x4 brigade, plastering windscreens with stickers. Actualy, come to think of it, both actions could be considered as the same thing, criminal damage.
Nico

Nobody expects.....The Spanish Inquisition!!!

Offline **em**

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2007, 20:07:46 »
agreed size doesnt matter...im about 5 7 and weigh about 8 stone but if you had done that to me i would of got out and smacked ya one!
Sedrick - 1989 Suzuki sj samurai
Dirk - v8 diesel disco bye bye
Snail - 1.7 diesel sj

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2007, 20:21:08 »
Im with you L90ook
Ive ridden bikes for a lot of years and that bouncing orange fag end is not a thing Id like to land on a bike of mine, or on me.

Face it guys, the road isnt an ashtray.

Oh yeah, just cos you are a big lad doesnt mean you are handy.....Ive seen a few big lads get hurt cos they thought being big was a bonus.....

If you sling tab ends on the road, and someone is brave/daft enough to hand em back, then Id say good on him!

Nowt against smokers mind you. They pay plenty of tax, and despite my wife being pleased that I dont come back from a pub/club smelling of other peoples smoke, I do think the lack of a smoky haze has kinda taken something away from pubs.
Sure, a family pub without smoke is great, but a dingy rock club smelling of old beer and B.O. is just not so good.

Rolla :wink:
Go on....cut me in half........it says SUZUKI all the way thru the middle!!

Smokers
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2007, 22:46:09 »
Quote from: "rollazuki"
Im with you L90ook
Ive ridden bikes for a lot of years and that bouncing orange fag end is not a thing Id like to land on a bike of mine, or on me.

Face it guys, the road isnt an ashtray.

Oh yeah, just cos you are a big lad doesnt mean you are handy.....Ive seen a few big lads get hurt cos they thought being big was a bonus.....

If you sling tab ends on the road, and someone is brave/daft enough to hand em back, then Id say good on him!

Nowt against smokers mind you. They pay plenty of tax, and despite my wife being pleased that I dont come back from a pub/club smelling of other peoples smoke, I do think the lack of a smoky haze has kinda taken something away from pubs.
Sure, a family pub without smoke is great, but a dingy rock club smelling of old beer and B.O. is just not so good.

Rolla :wink:

I dont disagree with the sentiment of telling people not to litter, and also the danger to Bikers and other road users, my argument was that by doing as he did L90ook was acting just as bad as the guy who threw the butt out. the old saying two wrongs dont make a right is very true.

Offline STEVE AXWORTHY

Attack Member
smokers
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 00:10:21 »
sorry chaps but my opinion is that whether you smokeor not and throw your butt on the floor or eat your take away in your car and just open the door and deposit bag and all associated rubbish on car park ,or walk down street and throw sweet wrapers fag packet wrappers chewingum whateveron the floor  you should no better and most importantly educate your children too as they only follow by example.

sorry for rant but this is somthing i feel is very important and i aint a greenie worried about enviromental issues but more about pride in our surroundings etc
2 IN LIFT SCORPION SPRINGS,PROCOMP SHOCKS, POLY BUSHES, EXTENDED BRAKE HOSES,

Offline MrTFWitt

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2007, 02:03:02 »
On a more sobering note regarding discarded fag ends from moving vehicles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Blanc_Tunnel

24 March 1999 in France/Italy
A Belgian lorry loaded with flour and margarine caught fire in the Mont Blanc tunnel. A lighted cigarette end caused this fire. The fire quickly spread and was not extinguished until 24 hours later. 39 people died.

Stubbing it out on his bonnet might have had the desired effect though :D
Watch out theres a tigger about!

Offline Sider

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2007, 06:33:58 »
Actually, from the same source:

The cause of the fire is disputed. Different accounts report it to be a cigarette stub carelessly thrown at the truck, and it supposedly entered the engine induction snorkel above the cab, setting the paper air filter on fire, a mechanical or electrical fault, or poor maintenance of the truck's engine.

I do not dispute the anti littering, I dispute the bullying. Had he turned around and told the chap to please collect it, I would applaud it. The act of throwing a lit cigarette into a car, shielding behind his size, is plain and utter bullery.
Nico

Nobody expects.....The Spanish Inquisition!!!

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2007, 06:53:26 »
Quote from: "MrTFWitt"

A Belgian lorry loaded with flour and margarine caught fire in the Mont Blanc tunnel. A lighted cigarette end caused this fire. The fire quickly spread and was not extinguished until 24 hours later. 39 people died.

Like an awfull lot of wiki entries this one needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Nobody knows what caused the fire. Volvo the makers of the truck that caused the fire were put on trial for design faults resulting in the fire. They were not convicted however. If the authorities had been as convinced by the cause as the auther of the wiki then it would never have got to court. Oh and witness state that the smoke was coming from inside the cab not from the engine.

Cig butts and air filters seem to be pretty much and urban myth tbh. Nissan did a recall on the almera because they said that this could happen. As no other manufacturer has done a recall I would hazard a guess that it isnt a problem.

Oh and if you stub a cig out on my bonnet you will need a trip to the dentist.
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

Offline corrosiverob

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2007, 07:44:12 »
Quote from: "Bob696"

Like an awfull lot of wiki entries this one needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Nobody knows what caused the fire. Volvo the makers of the truck that caused the fire were put on trial for design faults resulting in the fire. They were not convicted however. If the authorities had been as convinced by the cause as the auther of the wiki then it would never have got to court. Oh and witness state that the smoke was coming from inside the cab not from the engine.

Cig butts and air filters seem to be pretty much and urban myth tbh. Nissan did a recall on the almera because they said that this could happen. As no other manufacturer has done a recall I would hazard a guess that it isnt a problem.

Friend of mine lost his artic because of a fag end in the air intake... not a myth at all..... problem was he was smoking it .... he flicked it out of the window and the air intake sucked it in.

if he had not seen the smoke from the air intake it could of been a lot worse but the truck was written off
Now defendered up!

Click below!

www.sniff-my-diff.com

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2007, 08:01:36 »
Jeez, what did it do, set alight to the air filter. thats damned unlucky.

Offline ronttuk

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2007, 09:06:11 »
i find this amazing, this is a offroad 4x4 lets get dirty forum theres post on mud dirt and all types of 4x4s but the longest topic is this 1!!

weather its right or wrong bullying or standing up for your rights i cant understand why this post has incured so much interest in a 4x4 forum lets all have a group hug make friends and ask for a politics forum forf this sort of stuff,

i feel my viewes as a smoker would be swept away just as my views as a father has been when my ex decided to stop me seeing my son 4 court orders all broken but hey im just the dad im not a woman so its tuff, so as a dirty inconsiderate smoker ill bow to the good guys who dont smoke and every time i pay all that tax on my habbit ill think of the money im saving the other tax payers while slowly killing myself but hey ill die happy
to be old and wise you must first be yound and foolish

www.motormeet.co.uk

littlepow

Smokers
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2007, 09:46:46 »
While your intentions were good, your actions weren't. You need to be carefull with the way you handle people, especially when showing them the error of their actions.
Humans can be very aggressive and dangerous if they feel trapped and indangered.
That and you had no idea if the occupent of the car had anything within reach which could have caused you a lot of damage.

Size doesn't help in a fight, skill and training will, but it comes down to luck mostly.

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2007, 13:33:02 »
Hey ronttuk  I was kinda sticking up for you , you smelly inconsiderate smoker you!!

I dont smoke, think its a barmy habit, but Ill be honest, when the smoking ban arrived I thought it was a terrible idea. No doubt the start of many civil liberties being removed(hey, thats politics, non of that here!!)

I think the atmosphere in clubs etc is....well.....different. For the worse in my opinion. But hey, thats only my opinion.

Rolla

Offline ronttuk

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2007, 16:40:40 »
Quote from: "rollazuki"
Hey ronttuk  I was kinda sticking up for you , you smelly inconsiderate smoker you!!

I dont smoke, think its a barmy habit, but Ill be honest, when the smoking ban arrived I thought it was a terrible idea. No doubt the start of many civil liberties being removed(hey, thats politics, non of that here!!)

I think the atmosphere in clubs etc is....well.....different. For the worse in my opinion. But hey, thats only my opinion.

Rolla

im to old to go to clubs lmao
to be old and wise you must first be yound and foolish

www.motormeet.co.uk

att

Smokers
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2007, 16:40:41 »
Quote from: "corrosiverob"
Quote from: "Bob696"

Friend of mine lost his artic because of a fag end in the air intake... not a myth at all..... problem was he was smoking it .... he flicked it out of the window and the air intake sucked it in.

if he had not seen the smoke from the air intake it could of been a lot worse but the truck was written off

Indeed, Scanias are the worst for this......This is according to insurance Co`s.....Anyone in the ins. industry can check it out... 8)

Offline mike142sl

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2007, 16:42:09 »
Re the setting light to things with a ciggy butt - I'm sure Myth Busters tried to set fire to petrol and diesel on a floor without success and busted it as a myth.
Mike
Disco TD5 Landmark
SYM GTS250i Voyager
Swift Challenger 490

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
Smokers
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2007, 16:42:26 »
Quote from: "corrosiverob"

TBH I have been unable to find any varified stories on the net. Just "I know a m8 who ....." type stories. Just dosn't seem to make the papers for some reason.
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

Offline hairyasswelder

Attack Member
  • It's gonna cost ya
Re: Smokers
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2007, 16:55:12 »
Quote from: "mike142sl"
Quote from: "hairyasswelder"
but yes I would have got out and smacked anyone that did that.
How sad

Well it now looks like I not the only one  :wink:
Maybe, well YES I would also be out of order but 'OI... you dirty pig, take your rubbish with you' would have been the first option.

I also ride Motorbikes and although it has never happened, would not appreciate it being thrown whilst following a car but the car was either stationary or L90ook is very light on his feet  :wink:  :wink:
'88 RR 3.5 efi, an on going project :o) evolving daily/slowly

Offline hairyasswelder

Attack Member
  • It's gonna cost ya
Smokers
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2007, 17:02:45 »
Quote from: "mike142sl"
Re the setting light to things with a ciggy butt - I'm sure Myth Busters tried to set fire to petrol and diesel on a floor without success and busted it as a myth.

Maybe so but did they try burning holes in upholstery??? or burning hunan flesh??

The air passing at that rate will make the ciggie burn hotter and if trapped by a paper filter will catch fire and set fire to the plastic snorkle

A naked flame will set fire to vapours, Under compression it only takes a spark plug but will not light in liquid form
'88 RR 3.5 efi, an on going project :o) evolving daily/slowly

Offline Chris Putt

Attack Member
cigarrette butts
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2007, 17:47:12 »
Perhaps not the ideal way of dealing with it, but I have a lot of respect for the fact you did pass his butt back. I have done similar with litter in a carpark before and it was quite an intimidating experience.

Slightly aside, when working at a petrol station, people smoking on the forecourt used to suffer at my hands...... Turn off all the pumps then ask them over the tannoy to put it out......Usually something like 'PUMP 7, extinguish your cigarette, yes you. Now. We are all waiting for you before I can restart the pumps'.

Used to really (deservedly) embarrass them.

Chris
'Its Gripped'
'Its sorted!'
'Lets Offroad!'

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal