skype ekken3011

Offline andyhubbard

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
bombers
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:21:41 »
Personally it's a big YES on this one for me-i've always said that if it can be proven without doubt they are guilty then why should we pay to keep them behind bars. I believe one them was seen getting out the vehicle and was on fire by the police. I don't think theres much doubt about it :?:

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 09:21:26 »
Although I have no real faith in the legal side of our country, I do agree that why should we pay to keep them??

On top of that, all it needs is our government to reach an agreement with the bombers home country and we'll start to let them out and let them take up political positions in their own coutry :evil:
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

screwy

bombers
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 12:02:12 »
I am going to called a racist for this but:

If you do not like England or Britain

If you do not like Christianity as a basis of our laws

If you do not believe in Western democracy

If you do not believe in invidividual freedom and the right to free speech

If you do not believe in the equality of women

If you do not believe in our way of life, culture and ways

THEN <edit> OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE

Its quite simple and its all that needs to be asked at the docks and airports.

The first time these so-called people demonstrate against our country, burn the flag, block our roads and prevent normal citzens from going abouttheir daily business as they frequently do in London, then they should be summarily deported instantly.

Why the state makes it so complicated I do not know. Terrorist cannot be a threat if they aren't here.

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 12:10:27 »
I'm suprised they got away without being slotted by the police at the airport!
Sad state of the affairs.
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 12:49:10 »
Well, the troubles here are sadly rather more complex,  it has been stated that a lot of the potential suspects, as well as those that have decided to make themselves into martyrs (I use the term loosely, since I'm still not entirely convinced in martyrdom as a concept) are second or third generation british people who view their predicament as being the result of their chosen religion and not any other factor..

perhaps in some ways they are correct, perhaps in others, they're not,  either way I'm not convinced killing yourself is a good solution, and I can't even envision a situation where I'd be convinced that killing other people is a solution to them.

As for attacking an airport,  while ever you can get near the front doors and are allowed to be flammable I'm not sure what can be done .. :(
--

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 13:00:39 »
22KB86 what you said is not racist but also not entirely correct.......

It is perfectly reasonable to live in this country and not believe in christianity, that does not make someone a terrorist.....

What makes terrorists are extreme power hungry people that use religion as a medium of spreading their own vile version of hatrid. We have this in almost every religion, if we look back in history at christianity they did it as well!!!! What were the crusades all about if not to spread religion? Then you take in witch hunts, the Inquisition, the slave trade...... need I go on?

The difference here, is in a so called civil society (I use the phrase loosely because of the recent stabbings and "happy Slapping" crap thats been going on) we theoreticly have the mechanisms to stop a lot of the terrorism coming through our borders, but we do not use it. We are an island state which is a soft touch to any hardluck story, we should be looking after our own citizens 1st, and in that I include the many immigrants who came to our country through the 40s, 50s and 60s to make a better life for themselves and contributed to our society in a positive way.
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 13:40:12 »
Isn't there a little bit of contradiction in saying people should be deported if they don't believe in freedom of opinion and the right of freedom of speech, and then saying they should also be deported if they don't agree with Western democracy, Christianity, etc?

I'm an atheist, and I think some Western democracies are corrupt shams.  Does that mean I get deported?  If so, where's my freedom of speech?
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline BrumLee

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 14:05:36 »
Quote from: "22KB86"
If you do not believe in the equality of women.

Hear, hear  8)  For too long us men have been suppressed  :lol:  :lol:
Lee from Brum

Offline justinmud

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 15:04:38 »
I believe that if they get caught they should be tried and prosecuted by this country but the punishment should be what they would get in there own country i.e if you steel in some Arab countries they still chop off one of your hands. I don't know what there punishment would be for treason but im sure it would not be as pleasant as our punishment system. And a new topic i think all pedophiles should be forced to take the new medication being "offered" and have there genitalia removed or just take the to a public place and have them stoned or hung or give me ten mins with a pair of pliers and a rusty hacksaw blade, being the farther of four children it is frightening to think they can live on your street and roam freely near schools etc. Also now a days ive noticed  on programs such as street wars road wars and other cctv programs and witnessed first hand that when people fight 9 times out of ten more than two people have to get involved even if there not part of the dispute, and if one of the fighters gets knocked to the floor they get kicked and stamped on what ever happened to the good old fashioned punch up? I just don't know what the world is coming to nothing is like it used to be you cant go out without locking your house and your garden, and going out for a drink there is always got to be someone fighting by the end of the night.  And you cant seem to fully trust anyone these days, Im just sorry that my children will have to grow up in this world as it is now and not have the chance to see how it was when i was growing up.         :(

Offline BigSi

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 15:09:44 »
I’ve done a fair bit of travelling around the Middle East (Jordan, Syria, Libya, Lebanon, Tunisia, Egypt), and its always been a case of what ever country your in, you abide by their rules and respect there beliefs and customs.

I meet a lot of people over there and they couldn’t do enough for you, to make you feel welcome, and would even invite you into their home.

As soon as terrorism is mentioned, people instantly think of the Middle East. What this country must not do, is assume that everybody from the Middle East is a potential bomber. Otherwise it all turns into a medieval witch hunt.

It’s a very delicate situation, but without having all the facts, its hard to make any form of conclusion.   :-k  :-k  :-k  :-k
“I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison.”

Offline justinmud

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 15:17:11 »
I was not insinuating that it was someone from the middle east just merely pointing out the differences in punishments amputation of limbs in some countries to a slap on the wrist over here

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 15:35:09 »
Quote from: "jeep94"
I’ve done a fair bit of travelling around the Middle East (Jordan, Syria, Libya, Lebanon, Tunisia, Egypt), and its always been a case of what ever country your in, you abide by their rules and respect there beliefs and customs.

Up to a point - but westerners will still eat during the daytime during Ramadan, contrary to local beliefs, and in touristy places like Egypt, western women in particular will dress very provocatively compared to local custom.  So I think it's wrong to think that visitors to Middle Eastern countries always respect local rules and customs.  Sometimes I've felt very uncomfortable, on behalf of my local hosts, about the behaviour of fellow westerners in other countries.

I meet a lot of people over there and they couldn’t do enough for you, to make you feel welcome, and would even invite you into their home.

Agreed;  and I have a theory about that.  Some of the friendliest places I've visited are those who have dictatorial governments;  take Syria and Iran, for example.  I think that people from a country which doesn't have democracy tend not to link the actions of a country to those of its people, because they're used to having no influence over their OWN governments.  So a Syrian doesn't hold an Englishman responsible for attacking Iraq, any more than they'd expect to be held responsible for their own unelected government's actions in Lebanon.
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline BigSi

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 15:48:29 »
Very good point, totally agree!!

When I went I did try to honour Ramadan. Didn’t eat in front of the guide, but did have a crafty snack when nobody was looking!
“I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison.”

Offline SimonHarwood

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 19:50:15 »
"When in Rome..."

If you are visiting a country (e.g. on holiday) it is one thing, but if you are making it your home you should do your best to integrate. In any case you should obey the local laws.
Gas Main works are like ants... You never see them in the winter, but once the summer arrives they appear everywhere.

Offline beast5680

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • hailsham east sussex
bombers
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 20:31:18 »
maybe the bloke was just so fed up with his hire jeep he set fire to it when he got back to the airport?
Neal

let him that hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

He, who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris dies.

Offline Manicminer

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 21:48:36 »
Being a Jeep it might have caught fire all on it's own :lol:
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 22:38:26 »
Dont know if its just me, but these recent attempts dont seem very well thought out, rather amateurish compared to the ones last year
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

screwy

bombers
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 23:03:55 »
Two things:

One, sorry about swearing I forgot the 'family' nature of the forum.

Two, I perhaps didn't make myself clear regarding Christianity. What I meant was that this country, like it or not, is based on Christianity as we know it today - the state, the laws, the customs, etc.

And what I meant by my overall badly worded reply was that people seem to leave the country of their birth and choose to come here when they dislike everything about our culture, our religion, our way of life and our country and then seem determined to destroy it from within and re-create the hell holes they themselves fled. All I am saying is, why come here at all and if you dont like it here then dont blow it up, just leave. The doors are always open and you can go as easily as you came.....

Offline BrumLee

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 23:05:17 »
Quote from: "hobbit"
Dont know if its just me, but these recent attempts dont seem very well thought out, rather amateurish compared to the ones last year

Let's hope it stays that way and they only harm themselves  :evil:
Lee from Brum

Offline The Landy Guy

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 23:52:18 »
Quote from: "Manicminer"
Being a Jeep it might have caught fire all on it's own :lol:

wouldnt suprise me
Series Rule!!!!

1970 Series 2A SWB(89-inch) Truck Cab

Offline The Landy Guy

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 23:53:13 »
Quote from: "22KB86"
I am going to called a racist for this but:

If you do not like England or Britain

If you do not like Christianity as a basis of our laws

If you do not believe in Western democracy

If you do not believe in invidividual freedom and the right to free speech

If you do not believe in the equality of women

If you do not believe in our way of life, culture and ways

THEN <edit> OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE

Its quite simple and its all that needs to be asked at the docks and airports.

The first time these so-called people demonstrate against our country, burn the flag, block our roads and prevent normal citzens from going abouttheir daily business as they frequently do in London, then they should be summarily deported instantly.

Why the state makes it so complicated I do not know. Terrorist cannot be a threat if they aren't here.

I agree with you
Series Rule!!!!

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 00:06:59 »
22kb86 wrote

people seem to leave the country of their birth and choose to come here when they dislike everything about our culture, our religion, our way of life and our country and then seem determined to destroy it from within and re-create the hell holes they themselves fled

Sorry I think you are wrong . [-X

They don't disslike everything [-X

they like the free handouts the free houses the free education the free healthcare and the freedom to let us pay for it all :evil:
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline The Landy Guy

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 00:17:25 »
:lol:
Series Rule!!!!

skip

bombers
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 01:18:24 »
I belive that If anyone is caught having anything to do with terrorism, they should be deported forthwith, that includes imediate familiy as well, even if they are british citizens.

I realise that it is hard on the families but that kind of action will drive the message home that we are not prepared to accept that kind of behaviour from anyone no matter what race or religion.

I'm sorry but that's the way I feel, No stuff it i'm not sorry at all! why should I be.

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 09:48:35 »
22KB86 fully agreed.

What happened wneh dangerous dogs were found to be attacking kids?
They were removed from society..........

We need to be a lot bolder and braver to remove the current threat to society if we are to make it work.
Go on....cut me in half........it says SUZUKI all the way thru the middle!!

Offline pilgrim

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007, 14:35:23 »
surely we can learn from what has happened in northern iresland. it was not that long ago that everyone with an irish accent was a terrorist, now it is the arabs.

if we believe in western democracy (the concept of majority rule) then surely we are an islamic state? lets us face it, our so-called democracy is no superior to anyone else's system for choosing their leaders.

what is needed is to remove the emotion and the hatred from the equation. this is something that many people are working hard towards on all sides of the racial/political/faith divide.

before i get stick - i am not saying the terrorist should not be punished, i just think that the punishment is not the solution to our problems. the beauty of our country is that it promotes freedom of speech and debate - neither of which have ever killed anyone.

Offline Dirty Gertie

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007, 15:27:03 »
Terrorism = Treason, treason still carries the death penalty, they want to be martyrs; dying for their cause, rewarded with virgins etc  vis a vis execute them and we will all be happy!!  :D
Janie.
Willow, Keavy, Angel, Thor, sleep tight my darlings, God bless.[/i]
 K.O.R.C.Darkside4x4

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
bombers
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007, 16:02:17 »
Dirty Gertie odes have a point. And treason is the only thing that still carries the death penalty.

I cant say what I want to though else I'll get lumped in with the likes of them and I'm sure someone from GCHQ would pick it up.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Wolfie

bombers
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2007, 16:11:41 »
Actually, the penalty of death for treason and piracy was repealed by the Crime and Disorder Act 1998

Whether that was a good thing or not is a matter of opinion.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal