AuthorTopic: Even teachers are 4x4 bashing now!!  (Read 4728 times)

Offline casey12

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0

Offline sleeplessparadise

Attack Member
Even teachers are 4x4 bashing now!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 16:21:09 »
My daughter's teacher did some 4x4 bashing within her hearing.......... she called him a scottish frickin rambler......he didnt like that :lol:
Helen aka Sleeplessparadise aka Mrsjohnty
defender 90 Td5 LilRed  SIIa 109 Stationwagon Bluebell
NBH LOC

AbyssDJ

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 16:26:46 »
hah! go daughter! 8)

missroadrage

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 16:34:07 »
My son's teacher has a Range Rover so I doubt he'll be giving the 4x4's a bashing.

:lol:  :lol:

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 17:26:04 »
I was told by my teacher that I would never get a job becuase I was no good at school.
Hmm. I think I did alright. At least I don't wear a crappy tweed jacket with leather patches on the cuffs and elbows!
Perhaps we should go on their forun and discuss 2CV's. Oh sorry, I'm stereotyping! Heaven forbid [-X

Offline MudRat

Attack Member
w
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 17:31:11 »
the kids love my landrover at work, they often ask me whether i built it from scrstch, as i don't lie to kids, i always say of course i did. also there is a group of vocational lads that wash it every week for a fiver, and if they don't do it properly they don't get paid!!

:lol:

AbyssDJ

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 17:34:51 »
jeremy clarkson was told that he'd get nowhere in life by his school (repton, i believe). i think he did ok, to say he now drives expensive cars and prats around for a livng... not bad in my eyes!

most teachers dont have a clue what they're banging on about anyway, in all fairness. the majority of them are just snobby, smart arses who take delight in looking down their nose at people because they believe they have some authority or are someone special....

i think not, mrs jones

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 17:53:43 »
most teachers dont have a clue what they're banging on about anyway, in all fairness. the majority of them are just snobby, smart arses who take delight in looking down their nose at people because they believe they have some authority or are someone special....

I don't know a single teacher like that (one or two headteachers mind you) and I know a few of them for some unknown reason. Perhaps it was your failure to adapt to the education system that makes you blame others? Just a thought (and more than a little bit of poo mixing)  :P  :lol:
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 18:19:49 »
If these people really are teachers... I'm stunned and shocked... never mind the subject... have you SEEN some of the grammar?!

:roll:  :P  :lol:

AbyssDJ

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 18:20:33 »
perhaps you should go out of your way to find more teachers then? :P head teachers are the worst for it, but after all, they're still teachers, apparently....

teachers should "adapt" just as much as the pupils they teach... for want of an example, not everyone learns in the same way, so for a teacher to expect everyone to pick something up in 2 lessons of writing x page long essays is silly. they then complain when you dont know what the hell they're talking about!

in my experience, its not often that you get a decent teacher any more, and its only getting worse. you can have one of the other; be a geeky teachers pet, and they'll love you. stand up for your views and opinions, or yourself, or whatever else, and they'll likely despise you.

when i was in school, i got kicked out of physics for OVER 6 MONTHS because i asked the guy why he couldnt explain what would happen if, in space, you had gravity but no solid mass... a bit like the earth having its gravitational field, but without having any earth. my argument was that you'd get stuck in the middle and wouldnt be able to move, and would likely die... he just dismissed it and told me i was disrupting the class, and booted me out :shock: drunken tosser he was... i thought it was an interesting question! :lol:

AbyssDJ

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 18:21:27 »
Quote from: "Skibum346"
If these people really are teachers... I'm stunned and shocked... never mind the subject... have you SEEN some of the grammar?!

:roll:  :P  :lol:

lol i noticed that! go through it and edit their posts, writing "*" next to words and "sp?" in the margin at the side ;)

Offline Rich_P

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 18:22:39 »
Liam, you don't want to get into this discussion with Bob.  :lol: He knows more about this matter than you probably realise.  :wink:

AbyssDJ

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 18:25:04 »
in which case he is either 1. a teacher, 2. related to a teacher, or 3. was inexplicably in school for longer than myself?

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 18:25:26 »
Quote from: "Rich_P"
Liam, you don't want to get into this discussion with Bob.  :lol: He knows more about this matter than you probably realise.  :wink:

I think liams qualified to comment on his views after all he was in school for X years like the rest of us.

Offline Rich_P

Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 18:26:25 »
I'll leave it up to him to answer that for you.  I will tell you one thing, he's at least one of those three.  :wink:

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 18:27:56 »
He knows more about this matter than you probably realise.  :wink:

Surely you mean dark matter??   :P

AbyssDJ

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 18:29:28 »
I'll leave it up to him to answer that for you.  I will tell you one thing, he's at least one of those three.  :wink:

and? ;)

Offline Devon-Rover

Attack Member
    • Tavistock
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 19:14:42 »
My old GCSE and A level biology teacher drove a landy. So guess what i could talk about then to distrect him for 1/2 hour.

It was also very amusing watching him tear into some of my other fellow student's who were a little media lead and bigoted in there views of the countryside.  :)

I can think of a slightly snobby teacher in my old school. either that or he didn't like me as i was being a smart arse in his lesson.
Rowan.

"Jemima" 2.25 Petrol SWB, ACR rear Silencer, 235/85 Macho's, MAP Capstan & HD Bumper, Tweeked suspension, CB, Light Bar.
"Baker" 2.6 Petrol LWB (former Tow Truck)
"Lizi" 4.2 V8i Discovery, Gone but not forgotten.
"Kate" 1985 Ninety 4.2 V8 Auto, Stainless exhaust, Ashcroft Tunnel, Mud console, Polmar Venus CB, HD Steering bars, Terrafirma Steering damper, D44 Winch Bumper, Superwinch EP9.5, Superwinch Wireless controls, QT Diff Guards. 'More toys to come'

Vorsprung Duch Ducktape. My website Searle Safari Info source.

AbyssDJ

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 19:19:03 »
i used to have a teacher that was into his landys too when i was in yr 5 or so. he was the head teacher too for some time aswell i think... we had a s3 109" safari sw at the time :)

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 19:19:29 »
Why not jsut out with it and call him a smart arse can see you all want to  :P

Offline MudRat

Attack Member
w
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 19:33:18 »
Teachers always come in for it, generally from parents who have no control over their kids, and we (who see them for 1 hour a day) are supposed to teach them a subject,  how to learn, how to control themselves and how to behave in modern society.

You will only use approx 20-40% of all knowledge learnt at school, we educate you in how to learn and retain information, so when you go out in the world of work you can learn a career.

As we are way off the original thread, and the previous thread was shut down about lorry drivers, i suggest this is as well, as this is a friendly family site, not a 'Rant at teachers because they ruined my school days site!'

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 19:37:11 »
oooooooooooooo  :? theres nothing unfamily friendly going on in this thread........ its just people having a discussion..... conversation progresses.

AbyssDJ

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 19:38:03 »
whoa, something bit your arse, mudrat? :shock: calm it down, sunshine! 8)

Offline MudRat

Attack Member
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 20:13:27 »
nothing bit it, i just don't like people who speak out of theirs!!  :P

Offline TDi90

Attack Member
  • Rolly - Under Construction...
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 20:24:13 »
i wish i had a teacher that was into landys...  :cry:
TDi90
~The DFYTR Moderation Team~

AbyssDJ

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 20:56:20 »
Quote from: "MudRat"
nothing bit it, i just don't like people who speak out of theirs!!  :P

as im assuming you're a teacher by the way you said "we educate you", you've pretty much proven my point though, unfortunately, by being a cranky git ;)

if so, nobody questioned YOUR teaching methods or skills, or ability as it seems that some lack... but you still had to jump back and bite someone about it.

at the end of the day, if you're feeling sorry for yourself because as a teacher you're accused of "ruining peoples school days", then perhaps its not the right career for you? :) besides, i never mentioned teachers ruining my school days.... :roll:

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 20:59:32 »
The problem is i think that teachers don't have enough control they only have to say Boo to a kid and the parents are on there backs i bet..... And kids know they can get away with anything because teachers can do [!Expletive Deleted!] all, in the scheme of things.

AbyssDJ

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 21:01:20 »
teachers need more control of what happens at school, and less control of what happens the rest of the time. sometimes the two seem to get mixed up quite a lot, it seems!

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 21:03:44 »
I would like to add to my post that one of my other teachers also had a Rangey. He was the engineering teacher.
The one who told me I would make nothing of myself was an economics teacher. He was a strange chap.
Teachers, in many ways, are like coppers. They both join the job with the ideals of youth, but then realise that not all of the 'customers' are nice people or want to share your company. They also have to put up with people in charge who think they know what they are doing, but invariably don't.
You always remember the bad teacher/copper who was a complete ar*e, but never the good one who helped you.

AbyssDJ

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 21:07:22 »
Quote from: "Lord Shagg-Pyle"

i agree, only i remember the decent teachers too - there wasnt many at my schools :?

without a doubt, teachers do get some grief and do have to take a lot of flack from the little [person of questionable parentage] that are too slow to realise what school is for.. hence why they should have more control of punishments, blah blah blah. the thing that they always get wrong though, is how the punishment is dealt out.

- "you've been naughty, billy-boy.. you're excluded from schoolfor a week!"
--- "cheers miss, ya bitch! ill go and smoke some pretend drugs in the field with the other kids at dinner time while im away"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal