AuthorTopic: Even teachers are 4x4 bashing now!!  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Keri

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Even teachers are 4x4 bashing now!!
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 21:10:16 »
I dont remember any partic bad teachers at my school i got on with them all...... or maybe i was just a square  :shock:  hehe They only got grumpy when some little **** was giving them grief and then they apologied to the rest of the class when whoever it was had been took out.....

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 21:18:16 »
i wish i had a teacher that was into landys... Crying or Very sad

At my school there two 90s and a 110 on the carpark  :D

teachers should "adapt" just as much as the pupils they teach... for want of an example, not everyone learns in the same way, so for a teacher to expect everyone to pick something up in 2 lessons of writing x page long essays is silly. they then complain when you dont know what the hell they're talking about!  

The phrase grandma sucking eggs comes to mind. Want a lecture on kinesthetic, audio, visual learners???? People who dont remember what is taught are generaly away with the fairies whilst the lesson is on, you know the sort ...Homer Simpson types.

n my experience, its not often that you get a decent teacher any more, and its only getting worse. you can have one of the other; be a geeky teachers pet, and they'll love you. stand up for your views and opinions, or yourself, or whatever else, and they'll likely despise you.
It would appear that your problem with teachers is that some people know how to get on with them and you don't. :P
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2007, 21:23:18 »
Quote from: "Bob696"

kinesthetic, audio, visual learners????

They'd just started all that on a trail basis when i was in about yr 10....... and only with a select group of about 30 from the year to see how it went.

Offline sleeplessparadise

Attack Member
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 21:29:25 »
Quote from: "abyssdj"
teachers need more control of what happens at school, and less control of what happens the rest of the time. sometimes the two seem to get mixed up quite a lot, it seems!

In what way? My dad was a teacher for 35 years and had to put up with a lot of sh*t! Kids were being stabbed with forks and other eating implements and even the police could do nothing, in fact when they showed up the kids over turned their vehicles. And as mentioned, he only had to say boo to a kid to have them remark  "My dad's bigger than you and he will kick you ass!"

So how exactly do you expect them to teach under those conditions? I have a lot of respect for teachers cos they really do have to teach some utter %^£& heads ....... and they do the best they can in the crappest of circumstances...... parents should back them up and not attack them.
Helen aka Sleeplessparadise aka Mrsjohnty
defender 90 Td5 LilRed  SIIa 109 Stationwagon Bluebell
NBH LOC

AbyssDJ

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 21:31:17 »
i wish i had a teacher that was into landys... Crying or Very sad

At my school there two 90s and a 110 on the carpark  :D

teachers should "adapt" just as much as the pupils they teach... for want of an example, not everyone learns in the same way, so for a teacher to expect everyone to pick something up in 2 lessons of writing x page long essays is silly. they then complain when you dont know what the hell they're talking about!  

The phrase grandma sucking eggs comes to mind. Want a lecture on kinesthetic, audio, visual learners???? People who dont remember what is taught are generaly away with the fairies whilst the lesson is on, you know the sort ...Homer Simpson types.

n my experience, its not often that you get a decent teacher any more, and its only getting worse. you can have one of the other; be a geeky teachers pet, and they'll love you. stand up for your views and opinions, or yourself, or whatever else, and they'll likely despise you.
It would appear that your problem with teachers is that some people know how to get on with them and you don't. :P

i think it was a series 2A that the teach at my school had... green 88" rag top thing.

anyway, what you're saying is half right, people that dont remember are generally away with the fairies... but the people that didnt get in the first place still wont get it unless they're taught a different way. some teachers understand, some teachers dont. some teachers just blow it out of proportion and have to call it a whole new thing.

i dont have a problem "with teachers", i have a problem with "teachers that believe they're special". some teachers are great... have a laugh with them, and generally enjoy (what am i saying...) the lessons with them.

other teachers seemingly just pick the people they like, and the rest get completely different treatment. the reason i didnt get on with a lot of teachers is because i like to do things my way, express my views, tell things how i see them and not mince my words etc etc. its not just teachers that i have a problem with, its people ;) some people can accept lets say "stronger or less influenced personalities", although thats really the wrong wording, and some cant accept it.

ps. i am in no way trying to say that i had a terrible time at school because teachers picked on me and made me run home crying, to which i sent mummy and daddy flying down to blast the lot of them. didnt happen!

AbyssDJ

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 21:35:32 »
In what way? My dad was a teacher for 35 years and had to put up with a lot of sh*t! Kids were being stabbed with forks and other eating implements and even the police could do nothing, in fact when they showed up the kids over turned their vehicles. And as mentioned, he only had to say boo to a kid to have them remark  "My dad's bigger than you and he will kick you ass!"

So how exactly do you expect them to teach under those conditions? I have a lot of respect for teachers cos they really do have to teach some utter %^£& heads ....... and they do the best they can in the crappest of circumstances...... parents should back them up and not attack them.

thats exactly what im talking about - teachers (and the police!) need more power to sort someone out and put them in their place. i too have a lot of respect for teachers, whether they're the sour faced snobby type or the perfectly down to earth type.

there's no way a person can learn in school with the kind of crap that goes on in and out of classes, its just not possible. kids know that the teachers (and police...) cant do a thing, and they exploit it.

however at the same time, theres a lot of interference with home life that comes from school and teachers, although thats usually with the younger kids. dont ask for an example though, i dont listen to my mothers babbling that much to remember ;) school is school, home is home... should really be kept that way

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 21:41:02 »
the reason i didnt get on with a lot of teachers is because i like to do things my way, express my views, tell things how i see them and not mince my words etc etc. its not just teachers that i have a problem with, its people Wink some people can accept lets say "stronger or less influenced personalities", although thats really the wrong wording, and some cant accept it.

Ohhhh ...the loud mouth smart alec who sits at the back of the class disrupting lessons for sport whilst destroying the learning enviroment of the others in the class  :P  Yeah got some of those at my school. The thing they hate the most is being ignored. :lol:

Oh and back to the original topic.

It should be noted that TES is the "Times Educational Supplement" and as such not all posters are teachers just readers of The Times newspaper.
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.

LABOUR

Offline RCRockCrawler

Attack Member
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 21:41:30 »
Right then, as a year 10 student myself, I thought I'd bring another angle to this "discussion".  :D

Nowadays, teachers really don't have any methods of controlling the pupils. Period. If some snot-nosed little git does something wrong, it'll be put on his/her permanent record and the kid might get sent home for a week. If they've got this far, then it's obvious that they don't care what goes on their permanent record anyway, so a week later the kid comes back for a day before being sent home again.

This means that teachers have to take a new approach to punishment if they want it to work. For a start, before the teacher even starts their first lesson, they must earn the class's respect. This is so important because when the rest of the class sees the teacher punishing a kid at a later date, they need to see that what the teacher is doing is right, and what the kid did was wrong.

Discuss.  :)
www.UKRCRC.com - The UK's first and only RC rock crawling website!

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 21:45:19 »
Discuss. Smile

If you want to discuss it I suggest you come back after school and we can discuss it then. OK, on with the lesson.

LABOUR

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2007, 21:47:42 »
I agree RESPECT is the big word today...... Not in the respect your elders etc way but in the way that alot of people today don't have any respect for anything or anyone........!!!! Not just in the teachers and kids way but in all and everyway no-one shows anyone any its like a dirty word. And you certainly can't expect respect unless your showing respect.

Offline RCRockCrawler

Attack Member
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 21:47:45 »
OKsir.Sorrysir.Thankyousir. :oops:

AbyssDJ

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2007, 21:48:19 »
Ohhhh ...the loud mouth smart alec who sits at the back of the class disrupting lessons for sport whilst destroying the learning enviroment of the others in the class  :P  Yeah got some of those at my school. The thing they hate the most is being ignored. :lol:

hmm, no. what you've just done is called "jumping to conclusions", and is a very teacherly thing to do. however, call me a smart alec if you like, its something im used to.

what rcrockcrawler just said is completely right. kids like "cool teachers". of course they're not gonna learn anything if the teacher they're with is a complete dragon... that isnt gonna interest them. there needs to be the right mix of both...

kids back in the days of caning didnt play up all that much i shouldnt expect... i mean, would you? but at the same time, they probably weren't as bright as they could be either.

oh by the way, i rarely sat at the back - i was usually on the front row with the squares, just to make a point...

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2007, 21:53:44 »
when i was in school, i got kicked out of physics for OVER 6 MONTHS because i asked the guy why he couldnt explain what would happen if, in space, you had gravity but no solid mass.....<snip 'cus it was dull>...... he just dismissed it and told me i was disrupting the class, and booted me out

I rest my case milord

LABOUR

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2007, 21:54:52 »
everyones fav teacher at my school was Mr sutton taught science was quite sad when he left, he was a fun kinda guy and spoke to people on there level used there type of language etc and everyone enjoyed his classes.

And the PE teachers were always pretty cool, but then again so was Mr tyler the history teacher he taught in a fun to learn way. And so was Mrs rogers my english teacher she was nice and Mr argh i cant remember his name the IT teacher if you were nice with him you couldn't ask for a better guy ahhhh spendlove that was his name Mr spendlove  and there was MR williams the maths teacher who everyone was scared of he had a discovery even had a ride in it.... when u got to know him he was nice he even took some of his spare time to run a little photography class that was good after school.

:(  the good old days the memorys  :cry:

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 21:56:16 »
That was some useless garb for you all eh  :lol: i go and sit in the corner......

AbyssDJ

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2007, 21:56:18 »
when i was in school, i got kicked out of physics for OVER 6 MONTHS because i asked the guy why he couldnt explain what would happen if, in space, you had gravity but no solid mass.....<snip 'cus it was dull>...... he just dismissed it and told me i was disrupting the class, and booted me out

I rest my case milord

typical, really. teachers dont like being asked questions that they cant answer, so they just throw their toys out the cott about it ;) once again, jumping to conclusions though...

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2007, 22:06:18 »
ahhh but a logical conclusion I am sure you will agree. Especialy as you admit yourself that you disrupted the learning of others in the class by asking a pointless question (as regards it was not what the teacher was trying to teach everyone). I would also hazard a guess, knowing school protocols, that it wasn't the first time it had happened.

Going out of your way to try and make a teacher look like an idiot is hardly the way to foster classroom control which is something you seem to feel is lacking in schools today  :lol:

LABOUR

AbyssDJ

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2007, 22:10:40 »
in a physics lesson, about gravity and mass, it wasnt a pointless question. that said though, the fact that you'd see it as "pointless" says it all, really. if a pupil wants to know something, then whats wrong with them asking? isnt that what teachers are there for? ;)

i didnt disrupt anyone - the teacher did that by losing his temper and wasting his time shouting... it would have been much simpler for him to just answer the question... ;)

if you see that as me trying to make a teacher look like an idiot, then i reckon you should reconsider your career too! :shock: the old teachers arent doing too well today, eh, sir? :P

Offline RCRockCrawler

Attack Member
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2007, 22:18:04 »
Well, it all really depends on what the teacher and class was doing when you asked your question.

AbyssDJ

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2007, 22:19:21 »
if i remember right, saying "has anyone got any questions?" in a scottish accent

Offline beast5680

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • hailsham east sussex
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2007, 22:24:42 »
Neal

let him that hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

He, who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris dies.

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2007, 22:25:49 »
I am not a physics teacher but I would ask the question. "Is it possable to have gravity without mass?". No, didnt think so. Hense it was a pointless question.

the teacher did that by losing his temper and wasting his time shouting
Teachers rarely lose their temper but are damn good at pretending to. By 'losing' his temper and kicking you out he was attempting to regain control of the class and hopefully teacher the others in the class something that would help them pass their exams.

Its a sad thing but it is rarely the disruptive elements in a class that suffer. Its all the decent kids that suffer because some muppet wants to look clever. Just selfishness by a very few.

Oh I reconsider my career every time I drive to work. Mainly due to the idiots who think they know more than they actual do. Normaly they are the stupid ones but not always.

LABOUR

AbyssDJ

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2007, 22:34:18 »
most likely not, BUT - whats at the center of a black hole? logic would tell you mass, but what else tells you anything about it? the fact still remains, i wanted to know what his opinion on it would be, and therefore it wasnt pointless.

as for losing his temper, this guy was constantly at it. he was one of the "left due to a nervous breakdown" crowd. he had no need to regain any control of the class, as the class weren't out of control.

as it happens, the class in general wasnt really that bad, as the "disruptive elements" mostly weren't in the top set you see. most of them were still learning to eat properly, nevermind learning about technical stuff like gravity...

as another point, i passed my exam fine without the teacher, and the rest of the class did fine too... so my "disruptive behaviour" clearly had no effect... DAMN i'll have to try harder in my next life.

the question is, how many of these idiots actually know more than you think, and how much of that can you actually accept? ;) the stupid ones can get stuffed though.

anyway, im leaving this one now, because you're doing what most teachers usually do, and not accepting a word that anyone else says. you're the teacher, you know best... sir.

Offline MudRat

Attack Member
e
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2007, 23:08:26 »
Teaching is all about respect, I have it from my students, and i return the favour as they have earnt it. Consequently I have a great time at school and love every minute of it.

I also love loudmouths who reckon because they went to school that they know how to teach and how they could do better, if we were all like you, then next time I am going on holiday, I am going to say to the pilot,

'hey, i have flown before, let me show you how its done, so we don't have a bumpy ride and no turbelence, and we will get there quicker'

then watch us plummet to earth.

If teachings so easy and the holidays are so good, then why aren't we all teachers!

As its half term, I can't be bothered to commit any more to this thread. Good Night!  :wink:

Offline Devon-Rover

Attack Member
    • Tavistock
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2007, 23:20:05 »
Well thats just it. I suppose it explains why i couldn't cope with the Ba i was doing in Education studies last year.
Teaching is a very hard job i take my hat off to them. After starting to work with young people in the outdoor ed industry, It is a nightmare to keep a whole group going. and having experienced class room based sessions.
This might sound a little off and isn't a dig at anyone.
But if anyone thinks teaching is an easy job then you are either incredibly gifted and have the midas touch or you are very much the opposte.
Rowan.

"Jemima" 2.25 Petrol SWB, ACR rear Silencer, 235/85 Macho's, MAP Capstan & HD Bumper, Tweeked suspension, CB, Light Bar.
"Baker" 2.6 Petrol LWB (former Tow Truck)
"Lizi" 4.2 V8i Discovery, Gone but not forgotten.
"Kate" 1985 Ninety 4.2 V8 Auto, Stainless exhaust, Ashcroft Tunnel, Mud console, Polmar Venus CB, HD Steering bars, Terrafirma Steering damper, D44 Winch Bumper, Superwinch EP9.5, Superwinch Wireless controls, QT Diff Guards. 'More toys to come'

Vorsprung Duch Ducktape. My website Searle Safari Info source.

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2007, 08:25:35 »
the fact still remains, i wanted to know what his opinion on it would be, and therefore it wasnt pointless.

Thats the crux of the matter isn't it? You wanted him to take time out from the rest of the class to give you more than your fair share of his time. Your question was pointless and irrelevant to him and the rest of the class  :P

he had no need to regain any control of the class, as the class weren't out of control.

He obviously did as you were ejected from the class for 6 months. That takes some doing btw and would only occur for persistant missconduct.

and the rest of the class did fine too
He was obviously an effective teacher then  :roll:

how much of that can you actually accept? Wink
 I teach some kids that are brighter than me and know more than me. I also know the difference between those that do and those that dont  :lol: I teach a y10 pupil who obtained his MS certification in office products last year (youngest person ever to do so) and I learn something new from him every lesson.

you're the teacher, you know best... sir.

In most situations in the classroom you are correct .... boy :lol:

LABOUR

Offline Red Defender

Attack Member
  • Red Defender
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2007, 10:40:56 »
the teachers i remember as actually teaching me something that made sense where the guys that had been at it for 20 or more years - those guys where in my opinion living legends and usually very sarcastic !

moving on now to today and the state of education and the fact i work with the kids that have been permanently excluded and suspended etc,

i feel it comes down to one thing the government need to take its nose out of education and let the teachers teach !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal