AuthorTopic: YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.  (Read 4606 times)

marjan

YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« on: December 02, 2006, 19:44:32 »
Heavy rain forcast for tonight and we are going laning up in the Yorkshire Dales tomorrow, should be a great day out!.

Offline woody

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 19:52:22 »
dont forget to hang onto your hat
80mph winds as well :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Never underestimate the power of a sick mind !!!!
What would scooby doo!!!!
remember if you camp next to the toilets you get to meet everybody at least once over the weekend
R reg Discovery 300tdi  NAMED: Scooby Doo !

Offline smo

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 19:55:53 »
Quote from: "marjan"
Heavy rain forcast for tonight and we are going laning up in the Yorkshire Dales tomorrow, should be a great day out!.

Isnt that a bit of a silly thing to be saying. Whilst i appreciate rain make pay and play more interesting, surely green lanes shouldnt be driven in such conditions as it leaves permenant damage and only serves to provide ammunition to the cause against us.

Your own signature reads that lanes should be treated wiht care and presumably as a member of Glass you respect their "code"?
'04 90 TD5 - Written off :(

200TDi 90 Hardtop

TD5 North Offroad D-Lander coming soon!!!!

Offline Sheddy

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 19:58:16 »
I'm off to Woodlandsin the morning, the rain should make it interesting to say the least!
1991 Disco 1 V8 modded

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 20:13:09 »
Rain is a natural part of our environment and its going to happen if we like it or not. Green laning is not about ripping up the lane but driving it with care and respect what ever the conditions. So a bit of mud on a lane is going to be inevitable. I think we only had a couple of months this year where the ground was as solid a concrete, the rest of the time it going to be soft and muddy at some point.

Now I’m going out laning tomorrow morning just like Mark and many others and I like a puddle or two, I’ll drive to the conditions and follow the Green lane code as do all Green Lane members. Remember the roads are there to be driven what ever the conditions, as long as you drive them in the correct manner.  :wink:
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline Stormin

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 20:15:18 »
Just what I want, RAIN. :(  Doing a classic car run in the Lakes tomorrow  in the Spitfire. :roll:  I must say smo has a point. Just tread lightly. :wink:
Stormin'    

Have Land Rover,
Will travel.
LR  90 2.8Tdi
76 Triumph Spitfire 1500
SJ 410 (Rolled and now a projet)
D.E.F.R.A. Destroying English Farming and Rural Areas.
www.memoryboxmedia.co.uk

Offline mmgemini

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 20:15:39 »

We have another member that appears to use the public highway as a playground.

If the lanes are that wet they shouldn't be driven.
mike
nil illegitimate carborundum.

I can cause trouble in am empty house !!!

att

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 20:19:09 »
Quote from: "mmgemini"

You are joking right?

Offline Jim-Willy

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 20:19:54 »
Complete rubbish, there are 2 lanes that are to be avoided in the dales if it is wet for a long period.  2 or 3 days rain wont have him ripping ruts up them.  Most are hard based anyway.
'ear all, see all, say nawt; Eyt all, sup all pay nawt; An' if ivver tha does owt fer nawt; Allus do it fer thi sen.

att

YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 20:27:03 »
I think you guys need to lighten up a little, it can be worrying for an innocent bystander such as myself :lol:

Anyways, you should see the damage a logging kit does on a damp day :lol:

You should see the damage a herd of cows do on a wet day and a couple of tossers on horses.....Not to mention the farmers tractor, the environment agency, the electricity board, the Police, the military.....God, even I am getting bored now.
How about we all just buy hovercrafts and be done with it. :evil:

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 20:29:36 »
Quote from: "att"
I think you guys need to lighten up a little, it can be worrying for an innocent bystander such as myself :lol:

You should see the damage a herd of cows do on a wet day and a couple of tossers on horses.....Not to mention the farmers tractor, the environment agency, the electricity board, the Police, the military.....God, even I am getting bored now.
LOL great answer  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

Offline Manicminer

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 20:37:11 »
Here it's been raining at some point every day for the last 2 weeks. Fields and soft surface roads are hard going. It's more noticeable the last couple of days.
It shouldn't make much difference to a hard surface road.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

Offline smo

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 20:56:08 »
Quote from: "att"

Interesting answer and whilst correct no one is lobbying to stop access for cows, horses, god, the police etc...so we have to be especially careful.

I know the pleasures of a good lane just the same as anyone else, i just think it wise to tread carefully especially as its not just one night of rain and a few puddles, its been weeks of bloody heavy rain.

Still, have a good outing :)
'04 90 TD5 - Written off :(

200TDi 90 Hardtop

TD5 North Offroad D-Lander coming soon!!!!

Offline Mudlark

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 21:14:49 »
Well I'm going green laning tomorrow in Wales and the rain tonight will make it very interesting

As for treading carefully I will be treading no more carefully than I normally do

All this kow-towing to the likes of bobblies has gone too far - just tell them to get stuffed, but be polite as you tell them :twisted:  :twisted:

Click the pic get my NEW site

1988 2.5td manual Shogun SWB

Offline woody

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 21:25:38 »
Quote from: "Mudlark"
Well I'm going green laning tomorrow in Wales and the rain tonight will make it very interesting

As for treading carefully I will be treading no more carefully than I normally do

All this kow-towing to the likes of bobblies has gone too far - just tell them to get stuffed, but be polite as you tell them :twisted:  :twisted:

is this something organised by a mud club group or your own thing
Never underestimate the power of a sick mind !!!!
What would scooby doo!!!!
remember if you camp next to the toilets you get to meet everybody at least once over the weekend
R reg Discovery 300tdi  NAMED: Scooby Doo !

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 21:29:48 »
Tomrrow I'll do some of the gentle lanes on my own, but usually I go out with a mate or two.

Offline muddysteve

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 21:48:15 »
always makes for a good day out, no need to stay at home just drive properly

Steve                www.lanerovers.co.uk    www.surreyoffroaders.co.uk

Offline TDi90

Attack Member
  • Rolly - Under Construction...
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 22:00:07 »
where were those pics taken?
TDi90
~The DFYTR Moderation Team~

Offline Stormin

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 22:03:55 »
Is that a Smart Car waiting it's turn behind you Steve. :shock:
Stormin'    

Have Land Rover,
Will travel.
LR  90 2.8Tdi
76 Triumph Spitfire 1500
SJ 410 (Rolled and now a projet)
D.E.F.R.A. Destroying English Farming and Rural Areas.
www.memoryboxmedia.co.uk

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 22:09:02 »
It better turn or it will be the first "Smart Boat"

Offline Mudlark

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 22:48:10 »
Quote from: "woody"
Quote from: "Mudlark"

is this something organised by a mud club group or your own thing

No it's not a MC thing :lol:

Click the pic get my NEW site

1988 2.5td manual Shogun SWB

Offline Sheddy

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 23:43:45 »
seems to me that some off roaders are more bobble hat than the bobble hats
1991 Disco 1 V8 modded

Offline Lee_D

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 00:53:21 »
To be fair the post to the passing observer does read either way. Given it's sat in the bar though all and sundry will read it  :(

I have recently been singing the praises of MCUK and how a positive line is taken regards the approach to laning.... this thread though seems to shoot my efforts in the foot.  ](*,)  Maybe making it clear in the origional message would have helped a little... for instance if it were snowing it's ass off there would be little objection I imagine to excitement of such weather conditions. Though to state your off laning and it's going to be brill because it's pee'ing down suggests to me one thing... Mud like it or not. If on the other hand the origional post had suggested, It's raining and tomorrow I'm going Fording on surfaced roads / lanes then I and I'm sure all the others who have taken a deep intake of breath when reading the post would have no issue.

You have to be very sensitive on these topics, It'll will be used againt us otherwise regardless of any best intentions Glass members or not.

It's all down to public perception and not reality unfortunately, something I know all to well though my job.  :(
Currently : ' 03 Range Rover Vogue TD6 Auto, '90 110 CSW TD
Previously : 101 Ambi Prototype, Jaguar powered IIa Auto , '83 RRC , '90 RRC , '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd

att

YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 07:09:51 »
I personally am really......... no, I mean really fed up with the prospect of having to curtail my activities regarding various hobbies that I enjoy.
Wherever I turn there is some miserable git trying to force their tawdry version of life down MY throat. If it isn`t the Government, then it is some do gooding namby pamby spineless peice of detritus.
A nice walk out in the wilds and a conformist mass produced peice of metal, a cup of hot cocoa and a nice book to read at bedtime may well suit these people, along with their nice hand knitted wooly jumpers and the monthly donation to the red cross may enable them to feel that they are living.

Myself, I enjoy the roar of large V8`s, big diesels, 6 wheel drive american trucks, getting all slipery in the mud.
Motorcycles, I have several.....Boy are you up against it on these things, everybody hates you for it.
Fishing, the anti`s are having a go at this now.
Occaisional junk food....That is the sin of all time.
Smoking, I am a leper in this society.
Drinking, god, thats it, I am going to hell in a hand cart :shock:

I won`t tell you anything else, your hair or toes may curl too much :lol:

This is what it has come down to though, we will have to go underground, secret societies, stolen moments of enjoyment, secret passwords :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

I say no, meet them head on and stand up and be proud, be counted, fight this encroaching tide of all things good and nicey, nicey.
I for one want ot die knowing I have lived, have entered peoples lives and made a difference, not just rolled over, paid my taxes, lived a good clean life and popped a thoroughly lovely pair of lilly white clogs.

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 08:34:00 »
Att I couldn't agree with you more. Its a lane so in my eyes it there to be driven carefully to the correct conditions.

However if you look at a similar group who's way of life style has be ruined by this government we could learn something. Hunting, now I'm not saying I'm pro or against... that’s for another talk forum, but they fought hard with a lot of public support and still got beaten by the anti's, I guess we have to tread carefully while still doing what we do.

Its bloody sad if you ask me, If want to walk it… walk it, if you want to ride it… ride it… just leave me alone to drive it!  :roll:

Offline muddysteve

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2006, 08:46:15 »
no the smart car didnt attempt the ford but the lady who was driving was out rambling, but smiled and said hello.

the ford is near buckleburry on the river pang.

as far as doing a few lanes in the rain goes i left less damage than the gang of cyclists we came across, thats where the wide v thin tyre comes into its own
Steve                www.lanerovers.co.uk    www.surreyoffroaders.co.uk

marjan

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2006, 18:55:46 »
Quote from: "mmgemini"

You obviously don't know what you are talking about and as you can see from all the other replys to my post you are in the minority. All the lanes we have driven today have a hard rocky surface, all I meant was that there would be a bit more water in the 2 fords that we crossed.

In case you are blind you can see from my signature that I am the GLASS rep for West Yorkshire & The Dales so I am hardly likely to go tear-arsing around causing damage :roll:  :roll: .

Another point is that you have violated the spirit of this forum by attacking another member without any thought  :x  :x  :x

marjan

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2006, 18:58:31 »
Quote from: "smo"

Isnt that a bit of a silly thing to be saying. Whilst i appreciate rain make pay and play more interesting, surely green lanes shouldnt be driven in such conditions as it leaves permenant damage and only serves to provide ammunition to the cause against us.

Your own signature reads that lanes should be treated wiht care and presumably as a member of Glass you respect their "code"?

The code does not say " Stay at home when it is raining", it says that lanes should be driven with care and consideration for the conditions prevalent at the time.

marjan

YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2006, 19:00:09 »
Quote from: "Boggert"
Rain is a natural part of our environment and its going to happen if we like it or not. Green laning is not about ripping up the lane but driving it with care and respect what ever the conditions. So a bit of mud on a lane is going to be inevitable. I think we only had a couple of months this year where the ground was as solid a concrete, the rest of the time it going to be soft and muddy at some point.

Now I’m going out laning tomorrow morning just like Mark and many others and I like a puddle or two, I’ll drive to the conditions and follow the Green lane code as do all Green Lane members. Remember the roads are there to be driven what ever the conditions, as long as you drive them in the correct manner.  :wink:

Spoken by a man with some brains between his ears instead of sawdust!.

Offline Rich_P

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2006, 19:08:52 »
marjan, as stated earlier in this topic can be read in a certain way...

That certain way is that it can be understood as in you're happy about it having rained, because then that means mud, and that is the stereotypical behaviour of those who tear greenlanes up.

By no means am I saying that you did or did not do that.  What I am saying is that the way it could be read can have people misunderstanding what you mean.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal