AuthorTopic: YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.  (Read 4605 times)

Offline smo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2006, 19:09:43 »
Get off your soapbox before you look like a plonker - your original statement was very badly worded, and certainly implied that the rain would make the laning better because it would be soft and muddy, and thus damaging.

Before you go saying to others about community spirit and insults, you are too guilty of this in your posts.

I have nothing further to add, i trust you were careful of the lanes and had fun, simple as that.
'04 90 TD5 - Written off :(

200TDi 90 Hardtop

TD5 North Offroad D-Lander coming soon!!!!

marjan

YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2006, 19:18:16 »
Quote from: "smo"
Get off your soapbox before you look like a plonker - your original statement was very badly worded, and certainly implied that the rain would make the laning better because it would be soft and muddy, and thus damaging.

Before you go saying to others about community spirit and insults, you are too guilty of this in your posts.

I have nothing further to add, i trust you were careful of the lanes and had fun, simple as that.

It's how you interpreted the posting that started this ball rolling, you jumped to the obvious conclusion without any hesitation, but in hindsite I could have worded it better so sorry to have caused any grief between members.

Yes we had a great day with no damage to lanes or vehicles.

att

YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2006, 19:27:23 »
People are by enlarge very quick to judge, worrying aspect of our society really, not to trust others :roll:

Although saying that, there a few bods on here that are a little.....Let`s say retentive.

<Gets>

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline mmgemini

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2006, 19:32:22 »
Quote from: "att"
I personally am really......... no, I mean really fed up with the prospect of having to curtail my activities regarding various hobbies that I enjoy.
Wherever I turn there is some miserable git trying to force their tawdry version of life down MY throat. If it isn`t the Government, then it is some do gooding namby pamby spineless peice of detritus.
A nice walk out in the wilds and a conformist mass produced peice of metal, a cup of hot cocoa and a nice book to read at bedtime may well suit these people, along with their nice hand knitted wooly jumpers and the monthly donation to the red cross may enable them to feel that they are living.

Myself, I enjoy the roar of large V8`s, big diesels, 6 wheel drive american trucks, getting all slipery in the mud.
Motorcycles, I have several.....Boy are you up against it on these things, everybody hates you for it.
Fishing, the anti`s are having a go at this now.
Occaisional junk food....That is the sin of all time.
Smoking, I am a leper in this society.
Drinking, god, thats it, I am going to hell in a hand cart :shock:

I won`t tell you anything else, your hair or toes may curl too much :lol:

This is what it has come down to though, we will have to go underground, secret societies, stolen moments of enjoyment, secret passwords :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

I say no, meet them head on and stand up and be proud, be counted, fight this encroaching tide of all things good and nicey, nicey.
I for one want ot die knowing I have lived, have entered peoples lives and made a difference, not just rolled over, paid my taxes, lived a good clean life and popped a thoroughly lovely pair of lilly white clogs.

Please don't complain when the TRO goes onto ALL the North Yourkshire lanes.
That is what is going to happen.
Look at the temporary TRO's that have already been put on as an experiment.

We have already lost the argument and the right to drive most lanes.Soon there won't be any.

I've edited this to add.

Some time ago Look North TV did a half hour program on Green laning.
They did try to shew all sides of the story.
EXCEPT.
They use a shot of a CCTV trial shewing a well cut about RRC driving the course.You could see the canes in the shots.Nothing was said to explain that the RRC was on private land.
This clip was shewn straight after a clip of youngsters taking part on motor bike on a lane.

It's unfortunate that people get the wrong idea.That's why I believe that we should try to be whiter than white.
mike
nil illegitimate carborundum.

I can cause trouble in am empty house !!!

marjan

YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2006, 19:40:57 »
Quote from: "mmgemini"
Quote from: "att"
I personally am really......... no, I mean really fed up with the prospect of having to curtail my activities regarding various hobbies that I enjoy.
Wherever I turn there is some miserable git trying to force their tawdry version of life down MY throat. If it isn`t the Government, then it is some do gooding namby pamby spineless peice of detritus.
A nice walk out in the wilds and a conformist mass produced peice of metal, a cup of hot cocoa and a nice book to read at bedtime may well suit these people, along with their nice hand knitted wooly jumpers and the monthly donation to the red cross may enable them to feel that they are living.

Myself, I enjoy the roar of large V8`s, big diesels, 6 wheel drive american trucks, getting all slipery in the mud.
Motorcycles, I have several.....Boy are you up against it on these things, everybody hates you for it.
Fishing, the anti`s are having a go at this now.
Occaisional junk food....That is the sin of all time.
Smoking, I am a leper in this society.
Drinking, god, thats it, I am going to hell in a hand cart :shock:

I won`t tell you anything else, your hair or toes may curl too much :lol:

This is what it has come down to though, we will have to go underground, secret societies, stolen moments of enjoyment, secret passwords :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

I say no, meet them head on and stand up and be proud, be counted, fight this encroaching tide of all things good and nicey, nicey.
I for one want ot die knowing I have lived, have entered peoples lives and made a difference, not just rolled over, paid my taxes, lived a good clean life and popped a thoroughly lovely pair of lilly white clogs.

Please don't complain when the TRO goes onto ALL the North Yourkshire lanes.
That is what is going to happen.
Look at the temporary TRO's that have already been put on as an experiment.

We have already lost the argument and the right to drive most lanes.Soon there won't be any.

Not going to happen mate, as the GLASS rep for that area I have regular contact with the YDNPA rights of way officer and it is they that have put in a Byway claim for Cam High Road from Far Gearstones to Fleet Moss.  

I put a lot of time & effort into liasing with YDNPA on everyone elses behalf so please don't think that all is lost for laning in that area.

YDNPA want to keep the lanes open for us as they have sensibly seen that allowing us to drive some lanes will stop people saying "Stuff it then, I"ll drive anywhere".

(takes a big sigh and decides to retire to the GLASS forum).

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2006, 21:14:15 »
I think chaps we should look at the bigger picture, Marjan is a GLASS rep, therefore by definition someone who is considered responsible by a reputable organisation. Now before you all start jumping around let me have my say :D  :wink:

If you are a GLASS member or not you have to admit the organisation is there to benefit all, you know what we do so I won't go on about it. Area reps do it for nothing! They spend lots their time working to keep ROW's open and fighting for our rights to drive lane others want closed.  We should be thankful there are people around with the knowledge, experience, energy and time to do this. I for one am.
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline davidlandy

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 21:31:01 »
Rain is good for when u go green laning  :D

it then means that there wont be any dust in air to choke you whilst driving
Dave
Sniff, sniff, this mud smells funny

Offline Sheddy

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 22:20:46 »
Well here's a different take on it for you.

Green lane = unlit road.  The speed limit is 30mph.  If you or anyone else wants to drive it at that speed thats your lookout.  After a bout at Woodlands today I did a local byway.  I very much doubt that my speed went above 15mph on any section, and thats being generous.

At one point there was a chap walking his dog.  I was going slow enough that I stopped about 30 yards away from him without a drama to allow him to bring the dogs under control.  Then, once he had them restrained, I continued on my way giving him a smile and a wave as acknowledgement as I went.  That is my way of doing things.

Regardless of what the weather has been doing, what I was doing was completely legal.  If I had been doing 30mph I would still have been within the letter of the law.

My point is this.
The law is there to be observed.  There is no law in this country to stop me from driving the byway that I drove today unless the local authority deems it necessary.  Even though I drive with care and consideration (I think I do!) it does not give me the right to sit on my moral high ground and dictate to others to do as I do.  The laws are the laws and untill they are changed they will give all of us the pecunary right to behave in a particular manner.

Now, if you think that by not driving the lanes after rainfall you are doing something to preserve that right, you are wrong.  You are feeding the anti's the ammunition they require to pressure for a TRO when the weather turns rough.  If we stop driving any lanes when the weather turns, the anti's take it that there are those amongst the 4x4 fraternity that agree with them and use that to add power to thier arguement.  Thus yyou are adding to thier cause.

If you don't believe me, look at the NERC bill.  Any lane that we cannot prove useage of within a certain time period ceases to have legal recognition as a right of way for vehicles save for legal access which is irrevocable under the Presctiptions Act.

You can sit there at your keyboards passing judgement on those that are persueing that which is thier legal right, but it is those people who are prepared to get off thier bums and do the driving that are preserving your summer passtime.

God forbid, you may get your vehicles muddy in supporting them.
1991 Disco 1 V8 modded

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2006, 08:54:22 »
Isn't the rain nice and warm? I find it most invigorating and find that it cleanses the soul.

Offline TDi90

Attack Member
  • Rolly - Under Construction...
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2006, 09:00:15 »
always there to lighten the mood jon!!
TDi90
~The DFYTR Moderation Team~

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2006, 09:08:15 »
But its true! I don't see the problem with rain! Its great stuff. All my neighbours are fretting because, shock and horror, the drains are not clearing it away! Of dear, what a shame, I'm glad that is all they have to worry about.
In all seriousness, folks, we are all sensible (well, sort of) people, we all know the guidelines about laning, so its not a problem.
Anyway, being a safety concious person, I am now going outside into the teeth of the storm (Yarr, nautical term that, me old matey buckos!) to climb up my tall, spindly ladder to try and re-attach my drain pipe that has come away. Now, where did I put my electric drill?

Offline TDi90

Attack Member
  • Rolly - Under Construction...
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2006, 09:38:34 »
and me; i have football training and tennis coaching in this weather later  :cry:
TDi90
~The DFYTR Moderation Team~

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
YIPPEE - RAIN !!!.
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2006, 11:03:38 »
Lets face it, we have been treading soooooo lightly for sooooo long, and they still close the lanes, not because a few are chewed up, but because politics from europe are easier to follow if they close them all in a blanket ban.

wether we run them muddy or not, theyll get closed

IMHO only, not the voice of mudclub or anyone else.

Rolla
Go on....cut me in half........it says SUZUKI all the way thru the middle!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal