AuthorTopic: This forum  (Read 6131 times)

gords

This forum
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2006, 20:50:53 »
I fully support and hugely appreciate the work put in by everyone on the Mud Club.

The "missing thread" thing is a known issue and has been discussed to death!! There can't be any regular members that don't know about it.

Any member that's been here for more than a very short time should know that deleting of posts - except in very valid circumstances - would not happen.

So, come on everyone, show your appreciation for the continuing hard work done and bear with them until the problem is solved!!

colintandy

This forum
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2006, 21:06:23 »
:D all i can say is thanks to all admin fantastic site  :D just ask yourselfs this question .mud-clubbers where else would you get free friendley advice on your favorite toy ..its friendley helpfull funny frustrating ..its got the lot and its totally free and alot of the advice given is by fellow mud-clubbers who are generally nice people who would make time for others  :D nuff said

Offline Bob696

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
This forum
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2006, 21:15:18 »
ditto everything said above.

It was a shame the original thread disappeared but poo happens as they say. At no point did I suspect censorship as the main point of it (to me) was 'highjacking' a thread that was started to draw attention to something that had gone missing on the forum and having a laugh.

If I posted anything (or did anything) on that thread that annoyed Tim/Daz/Neil then I send them my sincerist appologies. All was done in jest and aimed at other forum members NOT the admin team. I can express nothing but respect for the hardwork that the admin team perform.

I understand there were another couple of threads after this one. I cant comment on them or the contents of them as I never saw them.
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

Offline Jake

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • <insert witty comment here>
    • South Molton, Devon. UK
This forum
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2006, 21:53:33 »
As already said before me.
Great work by the admin and mods.
I'm starting to understand how much of their lives this great site site takes up and all for free.
Personnally, I cant wait for when all the missing posts return.
That'll silence a few.
 :wink:
Jake

Owner - Land Rover Discovery 2
Driver - Land Rover Defender 100" Trayback

Offline p4203

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2006, 22:15:25 »
i don't know anyone personnely on this forum but as far as i am concerned it is the best going ,thanks to the crew who put a a lot of time and effort in for us to skive off work for a little break every day to make our lives so much better  
 once again thankyou and keep up the the good work  :D
s111 109" 24volt 3.3 perkins  "beasty" 1975
300tdi disco safari  1999
2door rr 3.5 efi 1979 "shed"
1961 s11 swb soon to be 300tdi'ed

Offline chuggaman

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2006, 22:26:22 »
well i just saw a thread disapear before my eyes(funny recovery)

as frustrating as it may seem to us users.

i guess its driving the admin team insane.dont envy you guys but do appreciate what you are doing.

thanks and good luck
U.N.D.E.R.......C.O.N.S.T.R.U.C.T.I.O.N.......

http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/chuggaman/gallery/

Offline Paul

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Hinckley, Leicestershire
This forum
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2006, 22:33:06 »
Quote from: "chuggaman"
well i just saw a thread disapear before my eyes(funny recovery)

That one didn't vanish, I removed it due to bad language. :wink:
Paul Wright

Offline jiffyman

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2006, 22:35:54 »
oppsy, just reposted it in the jokes and funnies section, have removed it now!! sorry :oops:

Cheers for being so quick, there, a perfect example of a moderator on his toes,
keep up the good work my son. (didnt have my speakers turned on!!)
4X4 pix at http://ladaniva.fotopic.net

http://jiffyregister.fotopic.net

1997 1.7i Niva Hussar

(HOODOO lift kit)
(205/16 Colway C-Max Sport Tyres)
(Pro Comp ES9000s)
(Snorkel made from bits 'acquired' from work and B&Q)

YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
This forum
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2006, 22:37:42 »
Quote from: "jiffyman"
oppsy, just reposted it in the jokes and funnies section, have removed it now!! sorry :oops:

Cheers for being so quick, there, a perfect example of a moderator on his toes,
keep up the good work my son. (didnt have my speakers turned on!!)

could u send me it in a pm Jiffyman please??

soz to go oftopic
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

Offline jiffyman

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2006, 22:43:17 »
PM sent, back to topic.

Having a thought on how to assist with the mods efforts.

Whos seen the paypal button at the bottom of the screen, just a thought!!  :wink:

1997 1.7i Niva Hussar

(HOODOO lift kit)
(Pro Comp ES9000s)

YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline nzrover

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2006, 00:28:16 »
Tim and the admin team

Your efforts are much appreciated - it's great to be able to be a part of Mud-Club despite being half a world away from all of you doing the hard work.  

And to those of you doing the moaning - if you're not happy go elsewhere, but I doubt you'll find anything as good as the forums here, or a team of admins who are willing to dedicate as much of their time to what is effectively a labour of love.

Cheers

Mike

Offline abinitio

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2006, 02:25:05 »
Just wanna add my appreciation for those whom donate their own time and sanity to run this forum.

Unfortunatly on most of the forums I frequent, there often are people whom just wanna stir the brown stuff for their own sad and sordid little pleasures.

You wanna be abusive, go to ORRP and then take as good as you give, otherwise, shut the (insert appropriate word of you choice here) up and (insert additional word here) off!!!!!

Lee
If I wanted a clever answer, I'd have asked a clever person!

1994 Blue 300Tdi 110 CSW
1989 Blue 2.5P 110 CSW
1982 Gold 3.5P Vogue (Currently without MOT)

Offline discomummy

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2006, 10:54:06 »
HI,

Just reading thru the comments, again i want to add my thanks to those who keep the club on line (a dark art to me), i think they do a brilliant job -as for those missing posts, i attribute it to the same things that steal those phone calls i put on hold whilst i attempt to transfer them to other people at work!!!!!

i have met some great people thru mudclub and back tim's comments about the trip at the weekend, we had a grand day out!!! all mudclubbers together!!

please keep up the good work - it is much appreciated by many

regards

ela
Sonar - DII V8 now become a toy
Pugsley (peugeot 407) now sitting dead in a garage workshop, being replaced by Yeti the kia carens!
Bagheera - geoff's new(ish) car - a black jaguar!
love is....a husband who is prepared to put petrol in his wife's V8 without flinching - now has admitted to flinching occasionally

Offline Tyke

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2006, 13:09:10 »
Guys - your all forgetting the very thing that makes MC what it is . . . . and it's not all about the admins . . . . it's all you guys.

Big up for all the majority who make it such a nice place to be and a big THANKS to the admin who do their best tto filter out all the rubbish and wind ups. (Probably a couple of mine included there  :lol: )

Keep it coming fellas, best site around in my opinion.

:D
----------------------------------

KEEPING IT REAL - KEEPING IT BRITISH

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2006, 16:42:04 »
I don't know what the problem posts were specifically, but if it relates to the vanishing threads issue it is fair to say that people don't read all the posts.... even sticky ones. This is why the same questions keep appearing. At work, we get occasional complaints about things and when we point out that we advise in the instructions for the product or on the invoice, they are rather sheepish..... how does it go - 'If at first you don't succeed, read the instructions'!

What I am trying to say (in an appalingly round the houses way!) is that the repeated posts are not a personal dig necessarily, but caused by people not reading the 'instructions'. However, I appreciate that it can leave a bad feeling for those who put in all the effort.

I have only ever had the vanishing post thing once and I immediately PM'd the original poster to respond to his question. Unfortunately, he had just posted a 'where's it gone?' post before I could explain the issue  :(

As echoed all through this thread, I fully appreciate the huge efforts put in by the 'A Team' and I only hope I can do a fraction of what they do as part of the 'B team'.  :D
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline MrsMuddy

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2006, 17:14:23 »
OK it's not very often I post on here but I feel I would like to add my bit.

Being Married to Tim (muddyweb) I know how much time he put's into this site/club not a day go's by when he isn't doing something to the site that includ's  Christmas day, Boxing day, New years day, My birthday, His Birthday I mean EVERY DAY and I'm sure the other members of the admin team are the same, So if something is'nt quit right or a thread goes missing these no need to have a dig at them, I mean what ever happend to asking politly. at the end of the day this is supposed to be FUN and FRENDLY
Joanne Burt
------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com

Offline NiceBlueWellies

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2006, 17:19:06 »
=D>  =D>  =D>  You know you are loved. :wink:
Jules

Have wellies, get muddy ;-)

Offline Tigger

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2006, 17:23:20 »
Quote from: "V8MoneyPit"
What I am trying to say (in an appalingly round the houses way!) is that the repeated posts are not a personal dig necessarily, but caused by people not reading the 'instructions'.

Ah, but Steve...  in this particular case.. and the last straw for me is that these *were* personal digs that called into question my honesty, integrity and commitment to the club..  and I'm not going to sit around when that happens.

The sticky posts and announcements are there for a reason, and people not reading them is incredibly frustrating at times... but we deal with that.. we have been dealing with it since the club started.   But when it gets openly personal, and baseless accusations are made both in a public forum and in PMs to club members... it's another story.

Thanks to all the people who have taken the time to send PMs to the admin team and posted here.   Your ongoing support and commitment to the club is key to keeping it positive and healthy.

In response to the people who have asked what they can do to help... the answer is (as always) a nice simple one...   contribute to the club in a positive way.. be that via the forum, at regional meets, at events, etc.   If everyone does this, we will continue to have what I (genuinely) believe is one of the best clubs around.
Tigger

Offline j99mud

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Hemel Hempstead
This forum
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2006, 17:33:16 »
=D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

Offline TimM

Attack Member
    • Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
  • Referrals: 1
This forum
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2006, 17:37:20 »
Quote from: "Tigger"
these *were* personal digs that called into question my honest, integrity and commitment to the club..  and I'm not going to sit around when that happens.

I don't think I've seen any posts with personal digs in them?

Has it been deleted, or has the culprit had the sense to remove it themselves?

I/we know you have a HUGE commitment to the club, it can be seen in the changes, improvements, moderation etc and is backed up by the post a couple up by Mrs Muddy*

Hopefully you can see by all these responses you have a large loyal following, please try to ignore these low life exeptions to the rule.

Yours, happy and contented from Up North  :D

*Mrs Muddy by the way is your wife Joanne, and it would seem you are not seeing enough of her, if I came on Mud-Club on SWMBO's birthday, my next post would be inviting you all to my funeral  :lol:
Tim
1995 Discovery 300TDi ES Manual (Dave)
2009 Range Rover TDV8

In the area? Notts / Derbys / S.Yorks Pub Meet click here

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2006, 17:44:26 »
Quote from: "Tigger"
Quote from: "V8MoneyPit"
What I am trying to say (in an appalingly round the houses way!) is that the repeated posts are not a personal dig necessarily, but caused by people not reading the 'instructions'.

Ah, but Steve...  in this particular case.. and the last straw for me is that these *were* personal digs that called into question my honesty, integrity and commitment to the club..  and I'm not going to sit around when that happens.

Ah, well, in that case I whole heartedly back you up in your comments. As I said, I wasn't aware of the posts you referred to and, being a believer in good human nature, I was hoping it was just an error on the part of the person placing the OP. It is a shame that, in all walks of life, there are always a few who spoil it for the majority.

Keep up the excellent work, Tim. You and the rest of the team are greatly appreciated by the vast majority of MC as this thread testifies.
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline Tigger

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2006, 17:45:53 »
Quote from: "TimM"
I don't think I've seen any posts with personal digs in them?
Has it been deleted, or has the culprit had the sense to remove it themselves?

In a horribly ironic set of circumstances (there you are Gords... I found a good example ;-)) the thread in question got eaten by the same fault...  it seems to be worst on threads which are very active... and as you can imagine.. that one was !

Quote from: "TimM"
Hopefully you can see by all these responses you have a large loyal following, please try to ignore these low life exeptions to the rule.

It's hard to say this without sounding insincere, but it has to be said.  Messages like this are always gratifying, but I need to make it absolutely clear... I cannot accept any such praise for myself...   I am only one of a group of people who puts a lot of effort into keeping the thing together, and it would be wrong of me to allow anyone to get any other impression.

We all owe our thanks to the team of people responsible for "running" the club... and that group of people owes thanks to the "normal" (and I use the word cautiously) members who contribute in their own ways.

There is some terribly cliche'd saying about bad circumstances bringing out the best in people... and it always seems to be true of Mud-Club.  I hope we can take this opportunity to realise what we all have, and look after it as we take it forward to greater things.
Tigger

Offline SuzukiShrek

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2006, 22:10:25 »
Aw no, you can't stop doing this truly excellent site - I've only just got here and I'm enjoying myself soooooooo much.

Nobody apart from yourselves appreciate what you do but everybody here likes what you do or they'd not be here.

The time to worry is when no-one complains because they've all gone elsewhere as the content was pants.  

Treat it as constructive criticism guys, after all you can choose how you want to react to your emotions... aint no-one as can do that for you.

If you need help, just shout up - I'm especially knowledgeable about GPS stuff (allegedly, maybe and perhaps) so I'll hang around that forum and see if can put something useful in.   :wink:  I "own" a GPS forum and contribute to two more so I know the work you guys are doing and I know the abuse that gets hurled at you.  Surprisingly, these same people are ALWAYS the ones to NEVER actually help in any way.
If it aint broke.... break it so I can upgrade it.

If you don't like what I say, please proceed to bang your head against the nearest wall until any such memory of my comments have been erased from your thoughts.

WARNING: Spell checker is OFF, speeling may be erotic.

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2006, 22:13:37 »
Quote from: "SuzukiShrek"
Treat it as constructive criticism guys, after all you can choose how you want to react to your emotions... aint no-one as can do that for you.

I know what you are getting at, but this was neither constructive or critical.. it was an outright accusation which was false, which is why I responded the way I did....   I chose to respond that way because I don't believe that anyone should have to stand by and take it.

Time to move on....
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sider

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2006, 22:18:03 »
Quote from: "muddyweb"
Quote from: "SuzukiShrek"

I know what you are getting at, but this was neither constructive or critical.. it was an outright accusation which was false, which is why I responded the way I did....   I chose to respond that way because I don't believe that anyone should have to stand by and take it.

Time to move on....

And you probably are right, Tim, but at the end of the day, 99% of the people in this forums will know how to read into things, and probably almost all of those 99% will not argue your position, so why bother with the other 1%?

You can't please everybody, and you normally end up leaking off everyone if you try, so as I said before, if they are not happy, sod them. They can go and try other clubs/forums/clans, and see if they take their antics in the same civilized manner I have always seen the mods and admins in this forums behave.
Nico

Nobody expects.....The Spanish Inquisition!!!

Offline Spacemud

Attack Member
    • Rhoose
Mudclub
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2006, 23:37:36 »
In the time that I posted a message this evening then clicked on it to make sure it was there ok it had recieved SIX hits!!! Think that says it all really!!!
This a extremely popular forum and deservedly so! I hope all the key people involved are able to step back every now and again, see how they have brought people together, hatched friendships that may last a lifetime, helped many with an interest that gives them the excuse to see more of the countryside and world, saved people money that has enabled more cars to stay 'alive' longer, and confirmed to those like me that I'm not mad in wanting a vehicle built to get me around in all weathers, that isn't half made of plastic, and has the added advantage of maybe being able to help a fellow man in distress.
Personally I solely use this forum, no others! That is for the reasons already stated by those above, who constantly prove themselves to be a great bunch of down to earth people, who are either full of enthusiasm like me, butalso those who can often act like gruppy old men (also like me).
If any of us can help take some pressure off every now and again, let us know, would keep us off ebay for a bit!!! In the meantime, THANK YOU, GREAT STUFF!!!
Spacemud misses his Land Rovers :o(

Offline jiffyman

Attack Member
Re: Mudclub
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2006, 07:35:01 »
Quote from: "Spacemud"
If any of us can help take some pressure off every now and again, let us know, would keep us off ebay for a bit!!! In the meantime, THANK YOU, GREAT STUFF!!!

This forum keeps me off eBay for more than a bit!! :wink:  :oops:  :wink:

1997 1.7i Niva Hussar

(HOODOO lift kit)
(Pro Comp ES9000s)

Offline Lostboy

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2006, 13:14:31 »
I thank, and sympathis with the all the hard work that goes into running this site. I ran a very small one for a club once and it was unbelievable the hassle I got, for example:

I gained my very own stalker - this guy would repeatedly phone me up at 11pm or 7am to complain about something, for example how he could not use the site from the computers in public library, and demand that I have it fixed for 9am the next morning!

We ran a status page on various systems, it was reliant on volunteers who looked after systems to mail in the status. Due to their own time commitments, this was on a "when it can be done" basis, oh the compaints I got because I could not read peoples minds.

I had to constantly spend my time deleting bad language, offensive material, potentially libeleous posts (cos it's the web manager that gets sued!) and wading through 100 emails a day of spam.

And then there was the drawback that the source code for the board was public domain so the deficiencies and holes could easily be seen and exploited by what I can only describe as vandals.

In the 12 months I did it, not ONCE did I get an email saying thanks.

So guys, THANKS, and to show how much I really care, I've just been to paypal and shown my THANKS with real hard currancy. I know this does not compensate for the hours lost patching code and having to put up with the misery of moaners, but hopefully it will contribute to the bandwidth costs.

Pete.
You can have my iPod only when you prise it out of my cold dead hands...

Offline clips

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2006, 17:12:24 »
i missed the key thread that caused this, but what i certainly havn't overlooked is the fantastic effort put in by Tim and the admin team.
 Thanks to MC i've met some crackin' folk from a broad range of backgrounds and continue to seek advise and guidence on all things 4x4 related.
 my sincere thanks to all those involved in keeping MC running the way it does.
Al and Gayn,

Toyota converts

Offline muddysteve

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2006, 18:51:27 »
Quote from: "clips"
i missed the key thread that caused this, but what i certainly havn't overlooked is the fantastic effort put in by Tim and the admin team.
 Thanks to MC i've met some crackin' folk from a broad range of backgrounds and continue to seek advise and guidence on all things 4x4 related.
 my sincere thanks to all those involved in keeping MC running the way it does.

ditto

keep up the good work chaps, this is probably the BEST forum in the world, ever!

Steve
Steve                www.lanerovers.co.uk    www.surreyoffroaders.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal