AuthorTopic: This forum  (Read 6135 times)

Offline muddyweb

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
This forum
« on: January 14, 2006, 22:10:04 »
I don't know if people are doing it deliberately, or if some of you really just don't get the way things are.

I'm sure you know all too well that there are issues on the forum, and I'm sure you know that the entire website is run, funded and in existence because of the work by a small group of people.

Some people's constant digs and what appear to be attempts to wind us up are frankly not appreciated.  A few of us give a hell of a lot to this club, and to be totally honest, some of the posts have been more than a little irritating.

They smack of a complete lack of understanding of the basic philosophies of the club, so a quick message to all.

If you don't want to make a positive contribution to Mud-Club, that's fine, there is no pressure to do so...

If you want to spend your time making posts with the intention of winding the admins up, then you are in the wrong place.  If you want to insinuate that there are dark forces at work, removing anything and everything that isn't 'liked'....  you are sadly mistaken.

If anyone has a problem with the way the site is run... let me know about it.  Send me a PM.  I'll reply to you with a totally honest, no punches-pulled reply.  If you have a problem and are not prepared to do this... then please go find someone else to wind up... my limit has been reached.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline gecko

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 22:26:11 »
pm sent

Offline suzota

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 22:49:34 »
Sorry to hear that.

I try to only post relevent stuff.

Got my own club forum so i know what it can be like.
suzuki vitara on hilux axles with leaf springs.
35/13.50 mudzilla's
snorkel
twin t cases.
twin ramsey 8000 winches.
procomp e3000 shocks with 14" of travel.
more flex yeah baby
now with V12 power

Offline landyman Ash

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 01:05:06 »
I dont exactly know what the issues you have are Tim but I understand your frustration with running a club

I run Aylesbury, it costs me probably £200-300 a year in phone calls, printing, running around etc etc.  I make no money from the club, I get no advanatage from running the club. I get agro from home as it takes so much time.  But I do it through love of running a club and a love of land rovers

Committee (I know MC has no committee but the admin guys are kind of that in a very different and uncontrolling way) but they put into MC what alot of committee put into a local club.  And thats TIME, and a shed load of it.  We all have outside commitments, work, relationships etc, and once again, we're not doing this for any advantage other than sheer committment to the club.

In my club I have people people (thankfully very very few) moaning that they didnt get a letter, didnt get a phone call back, there face didnt fit etc etc.  Rubbish!  We are doing our best but its a club, if more helped instead of moaning every club in thic country would be 10 times better.

Now Im lucky, Aylesbury seems to attract some some bloody great people and for every 100 new members we get one bad apple that moans and whines and yet never offers anything back to the club

Now Im guessing Tim, your sick of complaints, people moaning and people having nothing really good or constructive to say about admin team except "wheres this gone", "why you done that" etc etc.

Dont loose heart mate.  For every 100 great people , you get 1 idiot and its that idiot that makes you loose faith in the it all.  Been there many times!  

The admin team in my opinion do a fantastic job and make MC one of the best clubs in the UK

To be fair, some didnt know of the missing thread issue, I came of MC for a couple of weeks due to moving and one of mine went and I was totally unaware of the issue even though it was a sticky thread in the bar!  We can all be blind sometimes!!!

Bear with the pratts, tolerate the people not in the know (me for a start) and look at the great club youve been a part of creating.  Its those who count and those who appreciate you mate, and believe me, theres not shortage of them  :wink:
Ashley (but everyone knows me as Ash...)

Roxanne the 88" 300tdi auto Hybrid Trayback thats broken more than its fixed
Rosie the 300 Tdi auto disco that picks the hybrid up when broken...
Daisey the trailer that sits behind Rosie and lies under Roxanne.
The sexy threesome!!!!!!

Offline Colin 009

Attack Member
    • High Wycombe
This forum
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 03:22:00 »
I would like to add my appreciation and support to the work done by Tim ,Darren and everyone else who moderates on this forum,

I wish I could help more but dont know how I could help. This being only the second Forum  I have had the pleasure of using.  

So just lay off the guys that bring this forum to life.

Thanks again the everyone who helps keep thing running.

I will be donating to the club funds and would hope others follow.
Cheers.
Colin,
Shiny Blue Crew 009
                   "Everbody Has to be Somewhere"

Offline Colin 009

Attack Member
    • High Wycombe
This forum
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 03:37:35 »
Come on 149 people have read this post,

please show some support or I fear the plug could be pulled on a very friendy and helpful Forum.
Cheers.
Colin,
Shiny Blue Crew 009
                   "Everbody Has to be Somewhere"

Offline dracula

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 05:29:15 »
I think Ash and Colin speak for most of us.
Well done, Admin team, please keep up good work =D>
regards,
Paul Shapter.

Offline smog

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 07:30:44 »
Quote from: "Colin 009 a.k.a. Wally"
Come on 149 people have read this post,

please show some support or I fear the plug could be pulled on a very friendy and helpful Forum.

Don't know what the problem is, so can't really give an opinion on the matter.

That said Ash i know you i think, you run the membership or somin for ALFC ?
On the 8th day god made Smog

Offline Manicminer

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 08:34:57 »
Quote from: "smog"

Don't know what the problem is, so can't really give an opinion on the matter.

Some threads go missing because of a known bug in the system.

Last night it was alleged that the threads were deliberately deleted because they did not conform to a 'rule'.

This understandably led to the post at the top.

Keep up the good work. =D>
Fun, Friendly and Free.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

Offline jiffyman

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 08:35:27 »
As I've said all along, if you want to have a go at the good work the Admin people are doing, then DONT! Offer your help!

If you cant offer your help then appreciate the work thats involved.

Now I personally dont know any of you, or the Admin people, but what if they decided to come home from work, sit on their arses and do nothing.

We'd have abusive and inappropriate postings on the site, but as many of you will probably be aware, within a few minutes of these happening, those 'wrong', normally guset postings, disappear.

I also run a club so appreciate how much of your own time and effort is put into runnig a club behind the scenes and you certainly do get taken for granted alot.

Some of the members of the club I run give the opinion that the newsletters must write themselves and how dare they be a week late!!

It takes a hell of alot of time devoted to things like this and I think we should be patient and appreciate what the admin do. Just think, it may feel like a little 'joke' when you post it but due to the frustration of being unable to locate the problem, I'm sure you can understand how ANNOYING those 'jokes' can become!

So if all of you on here want, what I think is the best forum around, to continue, please be patient and enjoy it, thank you.
4X4 pix at http://ladaniva.fotopic.net

http://jiffyregister.fotopic.net

1997 1.7i Niva Hussar

(HOODOO lift kit)
(205/16 Colway C-Max Sport Tyres)
(Pro Comp ES9000s)
(Snorkel made from bits 'acquired' from work and B&Q)

YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Sider

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 10:00:06 »
Tim, in all honesty, if someone wants to have a go at any of you, Stuff them!!

You are all doing a grand job, and as for those who are not able to appreciate it, they ought to pull their fingers out and at the very least, offer to lend a helping hand.
Nico

Nobody expects.....The Spanish Inquisition!!!

Offline landroverkeith

Attack Member
  • Wilby
    • wilby, northants
This forum
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 10:14:43 »
I agree i think this is a great site. and there are loads of great people on it that are more than willing to put themselfs out to help others like me who know very little ...

keep up the good work  :D
2004 D2 TD5 es Premium - R99 MUD
1965 Series 2a 88" V8 "rag top"          
2000 TD5 Es - W99 MUD
Sankey Trailer

Offline Damonski

Attack Member
  • Cheshire :)
This forum
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 10:18:22 »
Ive said it before and Ill say it again, Mud Club is tops!  Fantastic forum with a huge amount of resources behind it that give it that special buzz.

Well done to the admins for keeping it together and a big thankyou to all members for making it what it is.
--

Damian

Range Rover Classic 2.4TD  | Disco 300 Mpi | Citroen Xantia Activa
plus other rainy day projects....

Facebook Me

Offline C C

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 10:34:09 »
The site and admin are BRILLIANT.

Gripped! Sorted. Now Let's Off-road.

C C

TD5 Disco.
Kawasaki ZZR600.

Offline Sheddy

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 12:18:53 »
IHMO, the admin on here do a proper job.  I've done admin on another phpBB2 site that has about 2000 members and it is always the (very) few who muck it up for the majority.  Its an onerous task and unpaid which can take a disproprtionate amount of time to do .... even to the extent of trying to resolve disputes in the wee small hours, knowing you have to get up early next day.  the disputes have to be resolved so you have to just get on with it without regard to yourself or connections.

Top job chaps, and if you have issues with the phpBB stuff, I'm always willing to assist if possible.
1991 Disco 1 V8 modded

Offline TULL

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 12:19:56 »
i have no complaints about this site it runs very well and thats because of the admin crew and all of the true posters long may it continue this way
lifes a long song, so let me bring you songs from the wood..
Landrover 90 1989  By the name of Jethro II
front and rear rebel diff guards
Rebel snorkel
Rebel steering guard
A bar.
Army bumper.
Previously
Isuzu trooper  2.6i "Jethro"

Offline old joe

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2006, 12:21:43 »
i concur that this person need's to get a life. :-#

the team who run this club and organise the event's i thank you again for making it such a great place to be and a club i'm proud to be part of it.

to the rest of you may we have a great season of show's bar b ques and mirth.

and remember what this club is about FUN FREINDLY & FREE

Dazza  :(biggrin):
Old Joe (Dazza)

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.

Remember each and everyone of us is gifted, it’s just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others

A Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with a Single Step.

http://www.4x4prejudice.org/

www.rsda.org.uk

http://muppets.go.com/games/muppets-flyinggonzo.html

Offline Jim-Willy

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2006, 12:47:54 »
Yep, only posting to add my support to the Admins.  They keep the BEST Club running at no real benefit to themselves.  Top job Lads.

You have much more patience than me!  Lets get the FUN back
'ear all, see all, say nawt; Eyt all, sup all pay nawt; An' if ivver tha does owt fer nawt; Allus do it fer thi sen.

Offline Big Watty

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2006, 13:03:46 »
Sorry to hear of your frustration Tim - you will see from my number of posts that I in frequently post on this forum but I do get a lot of fun from reading others

I have also read some of the recent posts that will undoubtable be the cause of your ire

People forget all to easliy what "voluntary" actually means

please do not be disheartend (sp) by the thoughtlessness of the few

regards

Chris

the loon

This forum
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 15:50:56 »
tim and all the moderators and admin team

You all do a excelent job.
I've been with MC now just under a year and I've looked at other forums and can safley say that MC from my experiance is the best no question about it.

You yourselves know that there are very very few people on MC that would intentionaly go out of there way to wind people up.
Most of whats said in forums etc is the kind of conversation you could expect in the pub over a couple of pints.
That said however you have made a valid point.
If I where in your place some of the remarks made in the last few weeks etc would have got me wound up.
But when it comes to a free an open forum for us all to ask,for help,discuss our views,and have a natter then mud club can not be beaten.

Its a credit to the original creators and the modorators and admin team that mud club has stuck to its original values and long may it continue to do so.

Offline TimM

Attack Member
    • Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
  • Referrals: 1
This forum
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2006, 15:51:18 »
I haven't seen the new thread that has caused this (yet) but I know that it will be another to add to the list of all the other recent "where has my thread gone" posts.

I think everyone has already said most of what I would have wanted to add as support for the admin/web teams, but I'll just add this:

Yesterday we had a run round North Notts, organanised thorugh the pub meet and arranged on the Greenlaning forum. We had some realatively newbies came with us, they had a great day out (as we all did) and are really happy to be part of the club. What would they have done yesterday WITHOUT the Mud-Club...... watched a few repeats on TV, gone to the shops?

The Mud-Club (especially the forums) have provided a real community for many of us, it gets us together, and it keeps us together.

There may be many members, but the club is RUN by a small team, and (to that team) if there is anything I (and I'm sure I won't be the only one offering!) can do to help - be it time, services, or financially, please please please let me/us know!

To any moaners out there, firstly get a life, then consider you actions, you aren't having a little dig at a big corporation, you are personally insulting a few people, and these people can turn this great website into a "website not found" message...... THINK BEFORE YOU POST!
Tim
1995 Discovery 300TDi ES Manual (Dave)
2009 Range Rover TDV8

In the area? Notts / Derbys / S.Yorks Pub Meet click here

Disco Geordie

new
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2006, 18:25:16 »
It's very hard to add anything new to the compliments that have been added here.

All I can say Is keep up the good work it's very appreciated.

Offline The Fat Controller

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2006, 18:34:12 »
Quote from: "landroverkeith"
I agree i think this is a great site. and there are loads of great people on it that are more than willing to put themselfs out to help others like me who know very little ...

keep up the good work  :D

DITTO
BRIAN                                                              1987 Range Rover 6cyl turbo 5dr 5 speed(diesel)diesel.1988 Range Rover 3.5V8 vogue se(duck)lpg. car trailer(s c ruffy).  http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/The%20Fat%20Controller/gallery/duck  http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/The%20Fat%20Controller/gallery/diesel/0/264830-1121727056.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/2406/RANGE%20ROVER/DSC00079.jpg

Offline Skywalker

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2006, 19:00:42 »
I think it's all been said above but I would just like to add my support to the whole team for making this a great forum.  Your work is very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Dave
WIP ........ just Keeps Changing .......

SW

Offline j99mud

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Hemel Hempstead
This forum
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2006, 19:14:35 »
I agree, I really apreciate how much work you guys put in for the likes of us, I really do love this club i talk about it all the time and am constantly trying to get new people to come and join the fun, my latest recruits are my dad and brother! Keep up the good work guys we really appreciate it
Regards James

Offline oakeedokee

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2006, 19:31:29 »
Yes, Mud club has found me a few off roading friends. If certain people are going to ruin the friendly atmosphere for others, then maybe some warnings ought to be issued and if that has no effect then they should be out on their ear - it's a club after all, not a free for all.
Iain
bobtail Rangie pickup
2-door Disco in standard trim

Offline Stormin

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2006, 20:18:02 »
Tim I have know for a number of years and his integrity is beyond doubt. I wouldn't call him friend otherwise.  As to the rest of the admin team, some I have met, some not, but they all do a good job and have my full support.  Perhaps the person/persons responcible for provoking them, intentional or not, may have the could manners to oppologise, please.
Stormin'    

Have Land Rover,
Will travel.
LR  90 2.8Tdi
76 Triumph Spitfire 1500
SJ 410 (Rolled and now a projet)
D.E.F.R.A. Destroying English Farming and Rural Areas.
www.memoryboxmedia.co.uk

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2006, 20:18:10 »
Got to agree, one heckof a place.

Tim, Darren & co do it all voluntarily, so I think it's only fair that Tim can say what is  annoying him.

Sure we all have a little grumble very now & then, but to suggest that post removal is practiced as a routine is far from the done thing.

I'll admit I grumbled about a long running thread of mine going AWOl, but 'Hey!', it happens.
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
This forum
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2006, 20:32:26 »
Quote from: "Bush Tucker Man"
I'll admit I grumbled about a long running thread of mine going AWOl, but 'Hey!', it happens.

Don't worry too much.... as we said a while ago.. all the missing posts still exist... so we can get them back.  We just need to fix the fault before we can get them back to stay
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

Offline landraver

Attack Member
    • Swansea
This forum
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2006, 20:43:45 »
Just posting to add my support!!
A great forum well run.
Keep up the good work fellas as its much appreciated by me and by the vast majority of Mud Clubbers I'm sure.

Cheers

Jeff

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal