AuthorTopic: Brake warning light  (Read 799 times)

Offline fram

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Brake warning light
« on: June 30, 2005, 17:02:32 »
My brake warning light keeps coming on. Sometimes it will be fine for days, then for no reason it just comes on. Brakes seem fine, infact I had newuns fitted on the rear a few months ago, hand brake is free and fluid level good. Tried pumping the pedal while rolling along, but makes not a fig of difference. When it has one of it's "on" sessions the only time it will go off is at our local shopping centre where they have some quite extreme speed bumps (you know, the ones that cause those mere mortals in their sallon cars to leave with their exhausts dragging behind and boy racers avoid at all costs!!).
Don't know if it is just coincidence, or if some previous owner has made a complete hash of the wiring somewhere, but my radio stopped working around the same time the light started coming on. I did put that one down to my 2 year old son kicking the c*#p out of it with his size 7 bover boots though!!?
Katie, Green 200tdi Disco

Offline Popeye

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Brake warning light
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 19:18:37 »
Is your handbrake fairly loose when it's down, mine is and when driving it moves just enough to not make contact with the handbrake  switch.  When mine comes on I just move it down again and it goes off.
Gary

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal