AuthorTopic: Hood stick question please  (Read 5945 times)

Offline suggs

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Hood stick question please
« on: June 19, 2005, 17:14:37 »
Hi guys
i need a quick favor please, could someone with a softop series 2-3 measure the height of the first hoop behind the cab, what i need is the height fron the bodywork upto the start of the bend in the hoop, and also the measurment from the bodywork to the very top of the bend in the hoop, basicly im going to put a soft truckcab on my Hybrid S2, i need to see if the hoop will snagg againts top of my roll cadge, as you may be able to see in the picture its the bar's that run over the cab are the one's that may catch the hoop, the height i have between the bodywork and bottom of the rollbar is 24.5 inches

cheers guys

H
modded 90

V8 Disco 2 ES premium for the Mrs

Offline stratie

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 19:50:23 »
Hello mate, the hoop on my s3 is 27"  i cant see how you are going to fit a soft top with you're roll bar. if it's just for summer use then why dont you go for a bikini hood, works for me :D

Offline suggs

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 22:17:34 »
yeah i was thinking of a bikini top, or a soft truckcab as ive had these before on past landies without rollbars, i wasnt thinking of a full tilt. that said even a bikin roof will still need the hoop and frame above the door's, how have you done your's, it is only for the summer as you say but it needs to be fairly waterproof, at the moment ive got the roof fitted with just 4 bolts so i can get it on and off, but its a bit of a mission as it has to come down and out throught the cab, the roll bar stops it going up and out.

cheers

H
modded 90

Offline Wingnut

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 14:14:04 »
If you've already got a hardtop on then a soft top will fit. They take up the same amount of space. Looking at your photo I'd say the hoop would fit inside the rollbar. You might have to lose the cab back because the front hoop fits to the two holes that are currently inside your cab.
Soft top has gotta be done. I'm looking for a hardtop for mine just so its secure, but I'd rather have a soft top any day. Looks the business when its stripped down with the GPMG on the front  :D
You'll need one of those spiked strips for the front window to fit the canvas to, or a drill and some bolts
1981 Ex Military S3 CL 109 soft top

Offline suggs

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 14:54:53 »
yeah i agree s softtop is a must have, ive had Bikini roofs on all my past Landies, to be fair i think a hoop will snagg againts the bars that run across the roof but cant be sure without trying a one for size, what i have done today is ordered a US style Bikini top from www.allwheeltrim.co.uk, its a bit longer than normal bikini's, ive also ordered the trim for the screen top, im planing on having the bikini hook over my rear roll hoop, ill probley have to cut a slit in the roof to alow the 2 bars to come out that run front to back then have a press stud or buckle to do it up after, its only for summer use so not to worried if it lets in some water, i will be removing the full truckcab assembley
ill post some pics when its fitted

H
modded 90

Offline stratie

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 15:24:42 »
Has any body got a bikini hood for sale? mine is way past it's sell by date.

Offline suggs

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 17:22:05 »
striped the old roof off, looks cool me thinks, ive just been looking at a picture of a standered hood stick, it looks like they are quite a bit narrower at the top than at the bottom look's like they tapper in  from bottom to top, may just fit between my role cadge after all, anyone no how much narrower they are at the top.

cheers
H
modded 90

Offline Littledan

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 23:32:14 »
that looks wicked with out the roof :lol:
[size=9]Dan[/size]

Offline suggs

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 18:04:24 »
got the roof fitted, the front hoop did snagg the rollbar, so just had to flatten the bend's (on the hoop) and it just slid in, Bikini is cool in this hot sun 8)
modded 90

Chunk72

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 20:10:52 »
Very smart   8)

Offline Littledan

Attack Member