AuthorTopic: What are they trying to prove?  (Read 4049 times)

Offline NiceBlueWellies

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
What are they trying to prove?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2005, 17:44:13 »
And what a fine job you have all done!   =D>

Excellent club.  :D  :D  :D
Jules

Have wellies, get muddy ;-)

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
Re: What are they trying to prove?
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2005, 17:45:36 »
Quote from: "muddyweb"
So... live and let live.     You may or may not like what MF said in his original post... but he is exercising his rights to say it, and if nothing else it has spawned some debate.

Tim, Live and let live is pretty much my point.  That's what I'm worried about.  But when somebody makes a point, in a fairly angry way (look at the title of this thread), which seems to go against the philosophy of the club, I feel obliged to stand up and be counted.
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
Re: What are they trying to prove?
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2005, 17:56:38 »
Quote from: "thermidorthelobster"
Tim, Live and let live is pretty much my point.  That's what I'm worried about.  But when somebody makes a point, in a fairly angry way (look at the title of this thread), which seems to go against the philosophy of the club, I feel obliged to stand up and be counted.

I hear what you are saying, and I think the responses to the post have reflected your feelings that maybe a less-aggressive tone might have been recieved more sympathetically.

You have no need to worry, and as ever we encourage people to speak their minds.  (in an inoffensive way of course ;-))
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Nugget 4x4

Attack Member
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2005, 18:06:54 »
Quote from: "NicePinkWellies"
I am not adding a vote to this thread.  Some of us are in the bar, cause anything goes, apparently.   :shock:

If you want technical help, go to the designated forum and ask there, where things are a little more formal.  

Like a "normal" bar, there is banter in this one, and some of us like to have a laugh and a joke while virtually drinking. :D

So in answer to your question - it is not always a case of bumping up posts, but in enjoying the friendly atmosphere and talking with each other, that is the reason to post.  I don't know a slave cylinder from a clutch thingee, but I like to talk to other people who like off roading like me.  We are not all technically minded. :?

I totally agree we are Only having a bit of light banter and not hurting anyone, and as the discription says anything goes :D  :D
My postings were trimmed but it does'nt worry me ,if by trimming excess postings it leads to a smoother running site for all then we should all support it , I feel the site Admin and the Moderators do a damd fine job and when I see them at Easnor I will certainly tell them so in person :D  :D
When all the oil has drained out the leak stops.
Disco 300 tdi Commercial
Classic Range Rover
Series 2a soon to have V8 Power

Offline LOFTY

Attack Member
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2005, 19:56:26 »
so
85% OF ALL LAND ROVERS BUILT, ARE STILL ON THE ROAD,
THE OTHER 15% MADE IT HOME ;)

Offline Jake

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • <insert witty comment here>
    • South Molton, Devon. UK
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2005, 19:57:11 »
Very good!
 :lol:
Jake

Owner - Land Rover Discovery 2
Driver - Land Rover Defender 100" Trayback

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2005, 22:54:29 »
wish i had seen this debate earlier,i agree with everything that has been said so far & now since the post counts have been switched off i now spend less time on the computer & now mainly post useful information to questions that have been asked as i like helpin peeps who dont have the knowledge & access to the resources i have,some people may have ben offended by what ive posted IE the ducks  8) ,& my signature but can we just all give it a break n not go on & on bout the small things  :wink:
also as jake & landyman Kno im always game for a laugh & dnt take everything 2 seriously cos then it gets boring
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

Offline Nugget 4x4

Attack Member
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2005, 22:58:04 »
Quote from: "LOFTY"
so

I do like your AVATAR PIC
When all the oil has drained out the leak stops.
Disco 300 tdi Commercial
Classic Range Rover
Series 2a soon to have V8 Power

Offline Jake

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • <insert witty comment here>
    • South Molton, Devon. UK
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2005, 18:43:34 »
Quote from: "V8_redline7500"
wish i had seen this debate earlier,i agree with everything that has been said so far & now since the post counts have been switched off i now spend less time on the computer & now mainly post useful information to questions that have been asked as i like helpin peeps who dont have the knowledge & access to the resources i have,some people may have ben offended by what ive posted IE the ducks  8) ,& my signature but can we just all give it a break n not go on & on bout the small things  :wink:
also as jake & landyman Kno im always game for a laugh & dnt take everything 2 seriously cos then it gets boring

yeah, i'll vouch for that!!
(nutter)
Jake

Owner - Land Rover Discovery 2
Driver - Land Rover Defender 100" Trayback

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • lampeter, west wales
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2005, 20:28:40 »
Quote from: "Jake"
Quote from: "V8_redline7500"

yeah, i'll vouch for that!!
(nutter)

thanks jake  8)  8)
Mike

Offline lowey

Attack Member
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2005, 22:06:46 »
:D I read the first post and I an unashamedly replying with the expressed intent of bumping up my posting numbers by a measly one extra posting.  :lol:
Regards
Lowey

D.E.F.R.A.  Destroying English Farming & Rural Areas

1970 S11A diesel hardtop "BUY 678 H"
Daihatsu "L4WEY"

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • lampeter, west wales
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2005, 22:11:04 »
Quote from: "lowey"
:D I read the first post and I an unashamedly replying with the expressed intent of bumping up my posting numbers by a measly one extra posting.  :lol:

shhhhhhhh,dnt say that otherwise ill have to go kicking soapboxes again
Mike

Offline Stormin

Attack Member
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2005, 22:35:06 »
On another site I was censored frequently, because another  person did not agree with what I said, or my advice was not text book.  I hasten to add I was not offensive in any way that I know of or gave dangerous advice.  The lack of censorship is one of the things I like about this site.  Tim, Datalas and the rest are doing a grand job.  Let's keep things as they are.  You can please some of the people some of the time.  You can't pleae all of the people all of the time.    :wink:
Stormin'    

Have Land Rover,
Will travel.
LR  90 2.8Tdi
76 Triumph Spitfire 1500
SJ 410 (Rolled and now a projet)
D.E.F.R.A. Destroying English Farming and Rural Areas.
www.memoryboxmedia.co.uk

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
field-marshall
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2005, 23:12:14 »
i make about 2 postings aweek 1 to comment on a topical thread ,and one to stir up some reaction  8 a month does this mean im never going to be a field-marshall  is that the top rank?seriously  i have gleened some great advice from the bar  thats why im here  -and its a good read  .the fact that i will never be a admiral  well thats life. :cry:
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline lowey

Attack Member
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2005, 06:52:22 »
Quote from: "Stormin"
On another site I was censored frequently, because another  person did not agree with what I said, or my advice was not text book.  I hasten to add I was not offensive in any way that I know of or gave dangerous advice.  The lack of censorship is one of the things I like about this site.  Tim, Datalas and the rest are doing a grand job.  Let's keep things as they are.  You can please some of the people some of the time.  You can't pleae all of the people all of the time.    :wink:

My feelings exactly Norm  :)

The strength of this site is that it is fun, after all said & done muddy things with 4x4s is mainly a recreational activity and we are all in it for similar reasons. Whilst yes some topics have a serious element and get treated with respect, other topics can only be taken as light hearted when posted in the appropriate forum.

Keep up the good work Tim & co. :)
Regards
Lowey

D.E.F.R.A.  Destroying English Farming & Rural Areas

1970 S11A diesel hardtop "BUY 678 H"
Daihatsu "L4WEY"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal