AuthorTopic: Spare Parts  (Read 5659 times)

Offline muddysteve

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Spare Parts
« on: May 24, 2005, 18:56:36 »
Ive picked up an 89 RR and will be breaking most of it to sell for parts, however i dont know too much about them

it has a 5 spd manual gearbox is this an LT77? same as a disco?
also what transfer boxes are fitted to this year RR?
Will the diffs fit in my disco?
What do the EFI bits look like and where do they live ie. ECU, airflow sensor etc

Cheers

Steve
Steve                www.lanerovers.co.uk    www.surreyoffroaders.co.uk

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
Re: Spare Parts
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 08:45:06 »
Quote from: "muddysteve"
it has a 5 spd manual gearbox is this an LT77? same as a disco?
also what transfer boxes are fitted to this year RR?
Will the diffs fit in my disco?
What do the EFI bits look like and where do they live ie. ECU, airflow sensor etc

It will most likely be an LT77... an no, it isn't exactly the same, but I'm pretty sure the differences are minor... I'd need to check.  It won't be the same as an LT77 from a Tdi

Transfer box will be the 1.2 ratio.   If it has a diff lock, it is a normal LT230.  If it only has hi-lo selection, it is a Borg/Warner with viscous coupling.

Diff should fit in your Disco

Efi bits....   Airflow meter is the metal box in the air inlet hose, ECU will be the big black or silver box, probably under the driver's seat.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Spare Parts
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 12:21:57 »
If you're breaking it, take the EFi loom out complet from under the seat, along with relays etc, unplug it alongside the clutch and bring it our through the bulkhead.  The ECU sits under the seat and the airflow is next to the engine, hard to miss.  There are some bits in the car's wiring loom like a relay to tell you what gearbox is in, connections to the air-conn and heated windscreen if it's a hot-wire system too.

Which dash have you got? if it's the white needles you also need the speed transducer from the chassis, but I doubt it at that age.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline muddysteve

Attack Member
Spare Parts
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 18:26:24 »
Thanks for the replies, i'm getting it home at the weekend and the gearbox will be going on ebay  :lol:  but dont want to say it will fit a disco if it wont.

RRB how do i tell if its a hotwire or flapper efi?

Steve
Steve                www.lanerovers.co.uk    www.surreyoffroaders.co.uk

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Spare Parts
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 01:13:58 »
On a flapper EFi the airbox is connected to the airflow by a rubber hose, on a hot wire it should be connected directly.  On the flapper you can see the arc of the flap on the top cover, so it's bigger (obviously helps if you've seen both) the hot-wire is flat on top.  On the flapper the injectors run against resistors, there is a resistor pack on the airbox bracket I think (anyone need a spare?) on the hot-wire they are 12v injectors.
On the flapper the injectors are not in the body of the inlet manifold, on the hot-wire they are.  Flaper also have a 9th injector on the driver's side of the plenum called a cold-start injector.  A big giveaway might be the location of the ECU but I will have to check.

As for removing it the same rules apply regardless.  I have some spares for a flapper system (but not the airflow surprisingly) to exchange for beer tokens.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal