AuthorTopic: BLITZ TRAKA  (Read 6271 times)

Offline andy9308

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
BLITZ TRAKA
« on: May 17, 2005, 23:43:41 »
HELLO I,VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT BUILDING A BLITZ TRAKA.  THE MODEL MADE FROM A RANGE ROVER, ITS ABOUT £2000 FOR THE KIT AND THEN ALL YOU NEED IS A RANGE ROVER AS YOU JUST TAKE THE BODY OFF THE R/ROVER AND PLONK THE ROLL CAGE ON OR SO IT SEEMS WELL ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE I KNOW ITS A FAIR OLD BIT OF WORK BUT HAS ANYONE ELSE BUILT ONE OR KNOW ANYONE WHO'S BUILT ONE ARE THEY ANY GOOD AND IS IT WORTH DOING OR SHOULD I JUST STICK WITH THE R/ROVER ?

Offline landyman Ash

Attack Member
BLITZ TRAKA
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 15:26:53 »
Is that like the Dakar??  

Interesting mod, not my cup of tea but everyons opion differs.

There is a dakars owner club if its similar.  I can find their number
Ashley (but everyone knows me as Ash...)

Roxanne the 88" 300tdi auto Hybrid Trayback thats broken more than its fixed
Rosie the 300 Tdi auto disco that picks the hybrid up when broken...
Daisey the trailer that sits behind Rosie and lies under Roxanne.
The sexy threesome!!!!!!

Offline drmike

Attack Member
Trakka
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 20:39:32 »
I liked the look of the Blitz for the Suzuki but I was really disappointed when I looked at the Trakka. I didn't seem as well thought out and some elements of practicality seemed to be missing.

Also I didn't feel it would be too good for trials etc. So I bob tailed the RR instead and that works really well.

I'd say for 2 grand you could do a lot better. Look at the AWDC web site for sale and there are two tempting RR there for about 4 grand.

Then again if you only need 2 seats and don't mind some work and possibly a non too perfect finish get the angle grinder out and bob that RR!

Offline Henry Webster

Attack Member
BLITZ TRAKA
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 20:54:36 »
Not my cup of tea either, but there are a number of 'kit-car' options for old RRs these days.

Tomcats, QTs, Dakars and Trakas are just a handful.  It is a lot of work, but you should end up with a fun, if not particularly practical toy.  Probably just the thing if the bodywork is falling off your RR.

Don't know whether I am really allowed to mention it here - so I'll whisper... someone built one with lots of photos over at the Difflock.com forums.

Cheers

H

Offline drmike

Attack Member
TRakka
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 21:07:02 »
He did indeed but he made a real song and dance of it and I just can't see that they're worth the money/trouble.

That said the one he built was special and he's obviously an excellent worker. Me I'm a bodger and I'd guess my bob tail would give his Trakka a run for its money in most trials which is what I want.

Practical to me = not falling over, getting up slopes etc. not going shopping or taking the kids out!

And I let the RR down on Sunday. I forgot to put the pop bottle over the dizzie and got stuck in the water. Blast. Later on with far deeper water lapping the bonnet no problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal