AuthorTopic: Defender 200tdi injection pump - tuning  (Read 19515 times)

Offline durhamlandy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Defender 200tdi injection pump - tuning
« on: December 05, 2018, 07:45:01 »
Hi.

I've been messing around with the injection pump and the like on my 200, after fitting a full size intercooler. I've read the various guides on the net, but still fail to get it right. I've adjusted the turbo wastegate, increasing the pressure. Adjusted the main fuel adjustment on the back of the pump, and tweaked / rotated the pin in the housing. I did lose the nylon washer when takign the pin / spring arrangement out and had to find a temporary replacement with a olive from a 15mm copper compression fitting whilst I find a proper one - which is proving rather difficult!

Symptoms are black smoke on load, so its most likely the main fuel adjustment wants screwing back - but rather than me getting it 85% right, does any know an old fashion / non chip tune / non computer-ma-bob tuners that still exist in and around the County Durham region, that will make a decent job of it?

whilst I'm on Im looking for someone that could make some custom exhaust hangers for a stainless side exit exhaust, to limit some of the vibration using the standard mount positions.

Cheers

Chris.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal