AuthorTopic: P38 on Coils...  (Read 19561 times)

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
  • Referrals: 1
P38 on Coils...
« on: April 05, 2016, 20:00:36 »
Evening all,

Anyone any experience of a P38 on coils? Bought a DHSE air or lack of it doing my nut in and thinking of switching to one less headache....

"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Re: P38 on Coils...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 00:50:53 »
Not a P38 but i've had RRC on both and I much prefer air.  It can be a pain but i think it's worth sorting outm i fitted Arnott GIII air bags with extra travel and progressive rating, so in low profile it was much tighter on the road.  You can have lift when you need it without the expense of castor correction, a more secure car at high speed, self levelling which is great for towing.  Coils always seem to sag in the end  too.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Range Rover Ron

Attack Member
    • Bebington, Wirral.
  • Referrals: 0
Re: P38 on Coils...
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 13:58:11 »
Hi, sorry for being late, not sure if by now you will have made your decision.
I'd say stay on air bags, much better ride comfort.
People go on and on about airbags being a problem, they're not if you keep on top of them.
Most often there's a hole or a crack in one of the bags, this can be caused by age or by off roading.
Once it has a hole it keeps the air compressor running full time, in time, running constantly the compressor breaks.
A replacement is expensive, once a new one is fitted and the defective bag is not replaced, the same thing will happen again.
If you have 4 good airbags and a good compressor then you will have a fantastic suspension system.
I replaced mine on my P38 with 4 Dunlop bags and had great performance from them in every way.
The other thing to think about is that if you go for springs you need to tell your insurance company as it will then be classed as "modified".
Cheers. Ron.
Ronnie Wood, LLROC

Suicide:- a permanent sollution to a temporary problem!

ONE LIFE. LIVE IT.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal