AuthorTopic: Conti 4x4 Trophy - Morocco - Wanted PENS....  (Read 1263 times)

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
  • Referrals: 1
Conti 4x4 Trophy - Morocco - Wanted PENS....
« on: June 24, 2012, 21:12:00 »
Well where to start... We got through to the second round, which was held yesterday at Land Rovers development site at Gaydon... No pictures I'm afraid to say as we were told that if we took any we were off the site... 2013 Range Rover looks fantastic, Jag F type amazing and OMG the sound from the new Aston... Also spotted a D4 or 3 pickup at a distance...

The day was spent doing team building challenges, a bit of off roading, took one of the Land Rover Experience 110 through the very deep water, well it was what they considered deep... A lot of fantastic food, and most of all just a fantastic day was had by all the teams there!

Oh and the icing on the cake, we WON! We are off to Morocco in September for 5 days... Sun, Sand and offroading! Oh and with the odd 4 Star hotel thrown in for good measure...

<<Pens>>>

We are looking for donations of pens to take across with us, as the kids apparently in the villages all shout for them as they are very expensive over there... So if anyone can help, pm me for details...

Thanks
Dave and Kirsty.
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Conti 4x4 Trophy - Morocco
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 21:39:57 »
Way to go team! Let me guess the very deep water was oh say 2ft? Glad you made it through.
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Conti 4x4 Trophy - Morocco
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 18:43:27 »
Cheers for that! Yeh it was about 2Ft, at least we didnt drown it (not that we would have at that depth) unlike what they took a 2013 RR through by accident that did drown it... OOPS...

Still waiting for LR to clear the pictures that were took, I will get them posted on here...

I would say to anyone to apply for next years, even just the trip to Gaydon is well worth it, oh and the LRE guys do look favorable on people that turn up with landys with war wounds!
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal