AuthorTopic: Hello noob on here.  (Read 1700 times)

Offline RE8ELD0G

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Kettering
  • Referrals: 0
Hello noob on here.
« on: April 16, 2012, 13:59:37 »
Hello all st thought i would say a few words about myself.
Im new to this forum but have been an active member of Northants4x4 for a year now.
I have a Disco 1 3.9 V8 efi and have had 2x previous mitsubishi's 2.5td and a 3.5V6.

Anywho, im starting to make Front and rear HD winch bumpers, rock and tree sliders, steering guards and tank guards.
Should be able to knock them out a lot cheaper than others out there and with a few measurements can make them for any vehicle.

If anyone has an interest then have a look here
http://www.northants4x4forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20328
these are the first set for a customer im making at the moment.
Bespoke design and fabrication of Winch bumpers, HD rear bumpers, Rock/tree sliders, tank guards and steering guards.
PM for details.

Offline boss

Attack Member
  • "steerings a little loose!"
Re: Hello noob on here.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 20:21:13 »
hi and welcome.

a word of warning with reguard for building stuff, i tried it a few years ago and exhausted the clientel very quickly. there are still 4 people in norfolk running my sliders so it wasnt that i had/have a bad reputation just the interest died out it seemed.
i found also there are alot of people who are all talk and i got stung a few times becasue people said they wanted me to make this, this,this and this for them but when it came to any sort of payment or shipping details it was the last i heard from them which left me with

"the young disco chopping maniac" -disco_stu!
www.artoffroad.com

bossFAB - stickers avalable

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 17:19:56 »

There is no harm in having a bash but as with all such enterprises once your local buyers have been exhausted thats when the hard sell starts,it means you have to advertise nationaly and thats costly in its self add that cost ontop of your *cheap price* and the cost of your item is allready approaching the established firms and as for offroad bits i reckon your 8-10 years late as the boom in these items and offroading in general is over there is no money out there for toys like there was a few years back,but hey if your determined enough and have a talent for innovation then who knows what might happen ! good luck with it anyway, :grin:
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline RE8ELD0G

Attack Member
    • Kettering
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 20:13:38 »
Try this link

http://www.northants4x4forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20328

Im not trying to start building them as a business idea, just to make some pennies for myself and get some cheaper kit out to other 4x4 enthusiasts.

Also there is a
Bespoke design and fabrication of Winch bumpers, HD rear bumpers, Rock/tree sliders, tank guards and steering guards.
PM for details.

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
  • Motorsport Service & Repair Level 3 Technician
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 01:22:03 »
Hello & welcome Re8elDog!

Sounds good mate, looking forward to the photos, see what your doing and all that. As someone said above though, I find myself cemented to the no money out there theory, based on my current circumstances, however I am intrigued by the engineering behind any product you wish to share with us.

PS: people who are not memebers of the northants4x4 forum cannot see any photo's, much less the forum itself, we're simply being asked to login. Are you able to put the photo's into this thread? or have copy's on another site?

Offline boss

Attack Member
  • "steerings a little loose!"
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 18:31:23 »
the deposit is a good idea. but a second vote for photos upon here, would like to see what your up to

"the young disco chopping maniac" -disco_stu!
www.artoffroad.com

bossFAB - stickers avalable

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal