AuthorTopic: 300TDi Disco  (Read 970 times)

Offline john656

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
  • Referrals: 0
300TDi Disco
« on: March 02, 2012, 23:02:53 »
Hi All,
Come time to sell my Discovery. I will be rectifying a vibration that has occurred this week at 50mph and then she's good to go (after the weekend). Its an epsom green 300tdi, 117k on the clock and has been in my family since aprox 2000 and I took it off my mums hands 2 years ago and started playing with it.
It has
Bearmach blue +2" springs 
Procomp +2" shocks with MM4x4 lowered shock mounts
Extended braided brake hoses
Extended rear bump stops
Midland 98 CB and short springer aerial
Front QT Diff guard
Paddock Steering guard
Twin amber beacon on the roof and LED flashing units in the grill altho the controll box on/off switch is a little faulty not to fussed as they were a cheap whim buy off ebay.
Safari Snorkel
Is currently sat on road tyres on freestyle alloys but will come fitted with 265/75/16 on silver modulars with a set of locking wheel nuts.
MM4x4 roof light bar x4 spots wired to a switch so can be on or on with mains.
QT bonnet pod wired into the main beam.
Egr blanking plate.... hasn't been removed as the MOT is changing and from what I've read at work if its missing where it was originally fitted then it will fail.
Straight through exhaust with a side exit. 
Fuel pump has been tweeked slightly but will be returned to standard for the purchaser then it's up to whom ever to do what they wish.
Aux belt tensioner and modified cam belt kit fitted over Christmas as well as a head gasket 3 wheel bearings and rear pads.   
Fully reconditioned R380 gearbox last oct (2010) by nicole 
Ashcroft recon transfer box invoices for both of the above 
Oil changed every 6000 miles fuel filter annually air filter as required. Diff oils also annually.
Gearbox and transfer box oils changed after 1000miles and gearbox was filled with a synthetic gear oil instead of ATF.
Nearly new uprated battery.
2 weekends ago I took off cleaned the intercooler, inlet plenum and hoses.

Body work is as you would expect for a disco that has been used scratches etc, only major damage is to the Nearside front door, by major damage I mean dent, all doors open easily on the door handles, rear door is stiff to push open after its last off road event in October I think it was, I obviously haven't cleaned it out as well as I'd thought. Paint has started coming off the rear door by the number plate and is about the size of a 50p and is also getting a bit corroded around the nearside rear light cluster.
MOT untill feb 2013 and tax is middle of the year ( will confirm tomorrow with date).
Interior is in nice condition boot carpet is a bit grubby, but, I've used it not sat it on a plinth and polished it every weekend.

Nearside sill has been replaced with box section the offside has been patched for the last mot. Boot floor is OK, a few scabby patches but I gave them a good bang with a screw driver and nothing went through so I left it at that. I did the usual wheel arch grot when I first got it so that has been done Apart from that I think she's fairly rust free.
The only 2 faults that I know of are the drivers door regulator could do with being replaced as the plastic runner is a bit dodgy but its still working so i greased it and put the door card back on. The rear wiper gave up on me the other day as the teeth on the wheel inside the motor decided to strip themselves so I'm fetching another next tuesday.

I will get some photos up over the weekend.
I think I've covered everything, if you have any more questions.
john.carmechanic@gmail.com or 07791840589

Looking for
My wife can't wrestle but you should see her box.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal