Vehicle & Technical > Series Land Rovers

It lives !

<< < (16/17) > >>

Saffy:

Truck been taken out occasional, mostly for dump runs as it easier to get crap in and out of and less hassle parking up in the recycle centre.
MOT negated this time around as it no longer needed.
Interior panels coated in liquid tub liner.
Door mirrors replaced again (going to need a supply of these and treat them as consumables!)
Canvas has held up well with no bad shrinkage.
Truck spent whole winter season with no door tops on and suffered no ill.
Engine likes at least 20 seconds of glow plug and it will then start on first turn when cold.

Updated to do list:
Took the thread plate off wing tops so there a colour mix match and lots of flakey paint -- whole truck front end and doors could do with a splash of green paint.
Still only have one windscreen motor and wiper, be nice to have two though not legally needed.
Would like to fit a better steering wheel then the button that's on it at moment. I have a pinch bolt type boss to fit too.
Handbrake / overdrive linkages some how hit hard against seat box when hand brake is fully up - lots of vibration at idle - need to sort that
Needs a better radiator fitted, the series one does not seem to make the grade with the TD engine. a de-framed 200tdi rad would do the trick.
Defender intake grill in wing that covers a hole need to be patched.
Need a spare wheel. Need a 86 inch series 1 bonnet with spare wheel mount plate fitted or just the plate to fit to existing bonnet.
Want replace the crappy retro fitted fuse box with a better arrangement.

lambert:
Looking good.

brixworth-alan:
What tyres are you running saffy? I need to consider new boots on mine as mine were sat with not enough air, in a load of nails in a field through 15 winters.... Im thinking they might not stand much road use...

Saffy:

--- Quote from: brixworth-alan on May 08, 2013, 21:22:16 ---What tyres are you running saffy? I need to consider new boots on mine as mine were sat with not enough air, in a load of nails in a field through 15 winters.... Im thinking they might not stand much road use...

--- End quote ---
crossply widow makers, lose it early (esp in wet) but highly recoverable before the point of no return as long as your expecting the sideways slide.

these pretty much have all the same pattern:

Goodyear Hi Miler Xtra Grip 7.50
Deestone Extra Grip
Security ML814
Flamingo TM718
Kenda X-Grip

updated photo of truck, that last one been around a bit. Mirrors moved to doors top hinges. These are spare set of door top that are not glazed, I keep these on all the time now - no need for windows!

LandRoger:
She 553 YUM looks swell M8 , I have a Defender wiper motor with drive and the mounting stems for the wipers if you want it as a freebee its in very good nick .what is it about leckie fans you don't like?its one of my first mods to any Landy  they don't take any power away from underpowered engines and a small bonus in the mpg so im led to believe, if you want w/motor etc can meet on the Plain sometime .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version