AuthorTopic: Is it freezing yet? Must be time to restart work on my series...  (Read 1378 times)

Offline brixworth-alan

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • The new acquisition
  • Referrals: 0
...After 'wasting' 6 months of summer building an extension and fitting a kitchen I'm allowed back in the garage!

Bulkhead is finally welded up (barring finding yet more rust) and ready to trog down the road to the sandblaster for cleaning up- be funny to see it in less than 5 colours :)

Inherited a paint spraying rig so sorted for paint now.

Loud exhaustless vrooming noises cannot be many months away.

Engine is repainted, manifolds back on, carb...well..yes the carb...sure it's around here somewhere....

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
Re: Is it freezing yet? Must be time to restart work on my series...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 19:43:45 »
Sounds like you have your winter mapped out! :grin: I uncovered my old MG Midget yesterday to drain the rad as the temp is about to drop a fair bit , first of all the little brass wing nut thats in the bottom of rad snapped off in the rad so thought ok i will take the bottom hose off undid the jubilee clip pulled on the hose and hey presto the spigot pulled out of the rad ,so back on with the covers and leave that untill it gets warmer at Easter time, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ok now for the rear brakes on the Rangie
with that a wind and sleet shower came on  so tools back in shed  and rethink time, :undecided:ah the joys of restoring old motors.
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
Re: Is it freezing yet? Must be time to restart work on my series...
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 21:15:54 »
It's not just old motors, I had thought to fit a pair of gas rams to the ifor top tailgate today as it was nice outside. After 5 hours if sheeping the day is gone. [!Expletive Deleted!]. Still the nights are getting ever shorter.
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal