AuthorTopic: ebay feedback  (Read 855 times)

Offline lambert

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
  • Referrals: 0
ebay feedback
« on: January 26, 2012, 17:28:10 »
Hi a moral dilemma.

I have just got a NATO pintle off the bay. Price was nice at 42 quid no p&p. Turned up prompt. However in the listing it was described as full working order ready to go, yet the top lock mech was frozen and needed to be gently beaten into submission. The rotation was similar and needed to be dissassembled and have the remains of what once may have been grease removed and cleaned. It is now all repacked with clean grease and is awaiting prep for paint.

Do I leave feedback and if so what kind? The price was good but it was not as described, I'm not after a return as it is now as it should have been equally though I would probs have stripped down a new one just for a giggle. Confused.com.

Any ideas?
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline YT

Attack Member
    • Medway
Re: ebay feedback
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 17:32:32 »
Best to go with honest, not as described.
Jeep Cherokee Limited. 4.0l auto.
5" lift, steering garud, 235x15 MT's, bush wires, roof lights.
It's NOT stuck,,,,,, just badly parked !

Offline Landyman

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 19:10:20 »
I'm a full time ebay trader and to be honest it doesn't matter what you put as it won't make any difference either way. just be honest (arrived in good time but was not in as good a condition as described).
I know a trader that regularly gets 40+ negative feedbacks a month but still sells hundreds of items a week regardless. people either don't read them or just don't care.
Landyman ...
If in doubt go flat out!!!!

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 19:32:03 »
I think that its only the people that are blindly persuing "bargains" that dont look at feedback more astute buyers dont buy from traders with poor feedback, im proud of my 100% feedback score and like to think that it means something to buyers ,also if i buy and its not as described then i will say so, trading in any form is about honesty surely!, :shocked:
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 20:29:39 »
About 40 to 70 quid is going price for late nato hitch regardless of it needing loosening up.
Raise a dispute via ebay and request for a partial refund (name your price... say a tenner or something for the effort/grease), you got nothing to loose. Put in a subtle hint of   threat of that it weighs over 2kg and if you have to return it then the seller will have to arrange for courier to collect it from you $$. I deal with ebay disputes and 'not as described' & 'returns' questions everyday as part of my job and get to see every trick in book that customers try to pull and I try to be mr none stick... sometimes ebay rules in their favour.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 20:33:17 by Saffy »
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal