AuthorTopic: T-Max Split Charge System Wiring  (Read 3580 times)

Offline WideEyedFox

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Worcestershire
  • Referrals: 0
T-Max Split Charge System Wiring
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:14:34 »
I have bought a T-Max "Dual Battery System" to connect up the 2nd battery in my Disco to keep it charged, and to link them for jumping if needed.  There is no winch - the 2nd battery is used for auxilary systems (CB, Laptop, Chargers etc.) and lighting when the ignition is switched off.

The problem is with the wiring insutructions!  The set I have recieved are so damn feint you can barely read the text, and the "wiring diagram" is illegible.

The device comes with a big solenoid with 4 posts on it (2 large & 2 small), a loom with 4 wires (red, blue, green and black) and a length of 250A (?) cable.

At a guess I'd go with the following:

Main Battery +ve <-250A-> Solenoid Large posts <-250A-> Aux Batter +ve

Red -> Main Battery +ve
Black -> Main Battery -ve
Blue -> Aux Battery +ve ?
Green -> Solenoid ?

That leaves 1 of the small posts on the solenoid with nothing connected - which does not seem right to me.

So - has anyone fitted one of these - and can you remember the wiring configuration?

I then just need to mount the solenoid somewhere, and the larger-than-expected (65mm x 102mm) control panel.

Any advice on control panel mounting locations also appreciated.  :wink:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:47:10 by WideEyedFox »

Offline keiffster

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Fife, Scotland
  • Referrals: 0
Re: T-Max Split Charge System Wiring
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 19:27:37 »
Just fitted one of these this afternoon, 2 batteries side by side front of the battery box, solenoid mounted against the back of the box by drilling 2 holes and bolting it

Mounted the control box on the dash and ran the wires down side of the radio, then bellhousing under the sound proofing and carpet and through another hole I'd drilled in front of battery box.

Can send pics if still struggling

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal