AuthorTopic: Disco II TD5 - Rear ACE Actuator  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Def90

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Disco II TD5 - Rear ACE Actuator
« on: August 21, 2011, 10:40:14 »
Hi All,
My Disco has been experiencing a bit of a wobble for a while. Wondered whether this might be the Watts linkage or play in the anti roll bars. As there was no "clunk" or noticable wear in the bushes I took the easy option and I have fitted a new set of shocks all round (Terrafirma) but whilst doing this had a crawl under the car and noticed the rear ACE actuator is covered in soil from the years the old girl has been on the road and this soil looked damp (to a lesser extent, so was the soil on the rear axle). I cleaned it all off, but can't see any split in the gaiter or any noticeable weeping from the ACE actuator itself.

I haven't had the opportunity to fully road test the Disco since fitting the new shocks, so this may have done the trick, but if Paranoia prevails and I need to look at the ACE system, does anyone have any experiences of fault with the ACE system on the disco, should I need to replace the rear actuator, what sort of costs am I looking at and is this a DIY job, or will I need to get the system bleed using test book?

Any Thought appreciated
Cheers :wink:

Offline tokkolosh

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • studley
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Disco II TD5 - Rear ACE Actuator
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 18:28:11 »
try changing the pressure transducer in the ace block, jst changed mine and it drives like a different car.
headlights,whitelines&blacktar-rivers!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal