AuthorTopic: Classic status  (Read 7966 times)

Offline Beerangel

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • If its broke.... fix it
    • soldridge hamshire
  • Referrals: 0
Classic status
« on: August 14, 2011, 21:36:04 »
Posted on another forum I use, its a petition to the government to reinstate the classic car status rollover, as a car is truly only a classic if it older than 1972... This hope to update that!

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/183

P38 Rangie 2.5 dhse
110" station wagon
88" S3 Safari
P38 V8 4.6 hse
Isuzu Trooper 3.1 td

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Re: Classic status
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 01:59:31 »
Didn't it used to be 25 years though? even if they reinstate it at 30 years we all have to wait a damn long time :sad:
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:03:16 »
since these e-petitions have been around I have formulated two theories...

Either

all e-petitions are a pointless waste of time

or

I have signed only e-petitions for causes that are a pointless waste of time.

has anyone signed one that has actually got anywhere other then a blow off response at the end.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 11:20:18 »
here's a worthwhile one

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/1945

tax on caravans

Responsible department: Her Majesty's Treasury

At the present time caravans are not subject to road tax/mot .A register system similar to road vehicles for caravans to include a SORN when not in use would raise a large amount of revenue. This could include other types of trailer such as horse boxes.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :evil:

Offline Landy1uk

Attack Member
  • Who Said I can't go there?????
    • Near the next village in Hertfordshire
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 13:01:54 »
If they do I will get rid of mine as we pay enought tax as it is, and if they do they will have to tax Pushbikes, prams Horses, mobility scooters,
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 13:12:30 by Landy1uk »

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 14:38:10 »
If they do I will get rid of mine as we pay enought tax as it is, and if they do they will have to tax Pushbikes, prams Horses, mobility scooters,

i'm all for a horse tax if used on road or bridleways.

Offline Landy1uk

Attack Member
  • Who Said I can't go there?????
    • Near the next village in Hertfordshire
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 15:18:56 »

i'm all for a horse tax if used on road or bridleways.

Oh yes we had acouple went past my place yesterday the horse got spooked and was all over the road held the rouad up about 10 mins  rider said was because of the bus coming scared the horse, the horse don't like buses. think it was when the bus put the air brakes on I said shouldn't be riding it on a bus route then

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 20:15:52 »
Rather than tax caravans, how about all those irresponsible air travellers paying the same level of fuel duty that motorists pay?  360kg per seat to get to spain?
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline sv130

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 21:01:35 »
      "Tax mobility scooters,"
  What a splendid idea, they are often a pain in the a$%^ in and out of traffic in our high street, and always parked up outside the pub.
 Trouble is they would just invent a disabled tax disc system so they dont pay a penny,,,
 Oh hang on,,,they already have that in place don,t they for the cars they let the family use.

Gaz :evil:
so many repairs
 so little time

Offline Beerangel

Attack Member
    • soldridge hamshire
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 09:37:57 »
I'm totally up there with attaching tax discs to horses!! they pi** me right off, theres fields all around them and they go down the middle of country roads and its the drivers fault if the horse gets spooked... more like its the riders fault for not getting the horse used to noise first etc etc drives me potty i could rant for days
P38 Rangie 2.5 dhse
110" station wagon
88" S3 Safari
P38 V8 4.6 hse
Isuzu Trooper 3.1 td

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 10:46:12 »
... more like its the riders fault for not getting the horse used to noise first etc etc drives me potty i could rant for days

If I'm understanding you correctly, your argument is based on lack of experience for using the road. That applies to every single car driver, moped rider, etc., while they are learning to drive and, quite frankly, for many years after they've passed their test! Unless a system can be devised to train every road user up to a much higher level than currently, there will always be inexperienced users. Since this is impractical, it is our responsibility, as more experienced users, to make due allowance for the less experienced. That includes horses. Just my view.

As for using roads rather than fields, we often hear people on here arguing that they have a right to drive green lanes. So they do. Perfectly reasonable in my view. The fact that other users of the green lanes don't like them being there doesn't, and shouldn't, stop them. If horse riders trespassed on the fields, are they not doing what we fight against with the unruly 4x4 element who trash the lanes and drive 'off piste'?
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 16:05:12 »

If I'm understanding you correctly, your argument is based on lack of experience for using the road. That applies to every single car driver, moped rider, etc., while they are learning to drive and, quite frankly, for many years after they've passed their test! Unless a system can be devised to train every road user up to a much higher level than currently, there will always be inexperienced users. Since this is impractical, it is our responsibility, as more experienced users, to make due allowance for the less experienced. That includes horses. Just my view.

But there are requirements in law for riders/drivers of motor vehicles to have past some sort of competency to allow them to use said vehicle on a public road and be in the care of someone that has whilst learning. Laws that require at least 3rd party insurances of those vehicles. Strict penalties in terms of sentencing, fines and other forms of penalisation if found guilty of not abiding to those laws.  I know of no such legal requirements for horse riders on roads, I presume some do carry insurance but not legally obliged.
I have not come across that many badly ridden horses on the roads, nothing in recent memory anyway. I do encounter horses frequently around here on country lanes. I also have a irrational fear of the beasts so they naturally freak me F out when having to crawl slowly past them, I just wish they where not there...... a young filly in Jodhpurs on the other hand is quite pleasing to the eye :kiss:

Offline Beerangel

Attack Member
    • soldridge hamshire
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 16:52:18 »

But there are requirements in law for riders/drivers of motor vehicles to have past some sort of competency to allow them to use said vehicle on a public road and be in the care of someone that has whilst learning. Laws that require at least 3rd party insurances of those vehicles. Strict penalties in terms of sentencing, fines and other forms of penalisation if found guilty of not abiding to those laws.  I know of no such legal requirements for horse riders on roads, I presume some do carry insurance but not legally obliged.
I have not come across that many badly ridden horses on the roads, nothing in recent memory anyway. I do encounter horses frequently around here on country lanes. I also have a irrational fear of the beasts so they naturally freak me F out when having to crawl slowly past them, I just wish they where not there...... a young filly in Jodhpurs on the other hand is quite pleasing to the eye :kiss:

I think scrub that... I know that i agree with absolutely the entire of that... Especially the Jodhpurs... and the insurance... and the irrational fear of stupidly strong 'Flight' animals... so yes all of it!
P38 Rangie 2.5 dhse
110" station wagon
88" S3 Safari
P38 V8 4.6 hse
Isuzu Trooper 3.1 td

Offline YT

Attack Member
    • Medway
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 20:13:26 »
      "Tax mobility scooters,"
  What a splendid idea, they are often a pain in the a$%^ in and out of traffic in our high street, and always parked up outside the pub.
 Trouble is they would just invent a disabled tax disc system so they dont pay a penny,,,
 Oh hang on,,,they already have that in place don,t they for the cars they let the family use.

Gaz :evil:

If a disabled scooter is to be used on the road, it's ADVISED that the owner should contact DVLA and have a disabled tax disc issued. This is only suggested, not compulsory. They also don't NEED insurance, there is no test required either, so no regulation whatsoever. Anyone using a 'free disabled tax disc should only be using the taxed vehicle to carry the person entitled to the disc, or running erands for said person. The same conditions apply to blue badges. Misuse of a blue badge carries a
Jeep Cherokee Limited. 4.0l auto.
5" lift, steering garud, 235x15 MT's, bush wires, roof lights.
It's NOT stuck,,,,,, just badly parked !

Offline Axetamer

Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 22:04:44 »
a young filly in Jodhpurs on the other hand is quite pleasing to the eye

quite right too :grin:
Where words fail...Music speaks

Axetamer

Offline dxmedia

Attack Member
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 08:25:44 »
a young filly in Jodhpurs on the other hand is quite pleasing to the eye

quite right too :grin:

Round here they often have fatter arses than the horses.

I've no problems with horses on the road, I do have a problem with anything 2 abreast though, and packs of cyclists....  Oh and packs of horses in hunts  :angry: No problems with first gear foot flat to the floor, horn and one finger then.
1959 Unimog 404 DoKa i6
1996 Jeep ZG i6with 6" suspension lift
1999 2.5 v6 Omega autobahn stormer
2001 1.4 Polo

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 09:50:56 »
Indeed, horse riders are not legally required to take lessons or insure there 'vehicles'. However, in my limited experience, the majority do have 3rd party insurance, even when they are not obliged to do so. There are plenty of car drivers who don't, even though they are legally obliged to do so! The vast majority of horse riders will have past through a riding school or have been brought up with parents who ride. It is highly unlikely anyone with absolutely no experience of horses, suddenly leaps on one and sets out on the road!

Cyclists, on the other hand......  :evil:
Rgds
Steve

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Offline dxmedia

Attack Member
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 13:30:51 »
Rode horses for 7 years. No one I knew at the time had any kind of insurance. I definitely didn't, and as a kid I'd have looked blankly at someone if they had asked me.
1959 Unimog 404 DoKa i6
1999 2.5 v6 Omega autobahn stormer
2001 1.4 Polo

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 15:16:43 »
My wife has owned horses since she was a youngster (a long time  :evil:) and, as a result, we know many others with dog meat.... sorry, horses! It's a subject that crops up often and it seems quite common to include 3rd party insurance in with the vet cover these days. Certainly, organisations like the BHS positively encourage training and insurance cover.

But this is getting waaayyyy off topic  :grin:   Sorry Beerangel  :embarrassed:
Rgds
Steve

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 18:09:31 »
now it's back on topic... (almost)

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/12077
Ban horses from the roads

and

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/6986
Horse owners stables to pay road tax

and

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/12218
Horse owners should insure their horses for the damage they can cause

and

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/6098
HORSE RIDERS RIDING ABREAST SIDE BY SIDE ON THE PUBLIC HIGHWAY

and

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/6616
All road users (including Cyclist's and Horse Riders) to have Insurance

my favourite...

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/844

Truely these e-pets are surely a complete waste of time, most started by a complete tosser on a subject matter of complete doodoo.

Offline dxmedia

Attack Member
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 13:36:42 »
Solve all of the above with this one.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/13274
1959 Unimog 404 DoKa i6