AuthorTopic: Opinions on F1 BBC / Sky deal  (Read 2341 times)

Offline j99mud

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Hemel Hempstead
  • Referrals: 0
Opinions on F1 BBC / Sky deal
« on: July 30, 2011, 08:57:25 »
So what do you all think about this? Peronally I think that the announcement yesterday of the shared deal with BBC and Sky was a sad day for F1 fans. I want to watch every race LIVE not highlights of half of them. So to do this I have to purchase sky sports which is the same cost per annum as a basic race day ticket to the F1 at Silverstone. Bernie always said it would never go to sky but I guess he saw the pound signs. :angry:

Offline YT

Attack Member
    • Medway
Re: Opinions on F1 BBC / Sky deal
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 11:50:41 »
It all comes down to money these days.  :angry: biggest bank balance gets all the goodies.
Jeep Cherokee Limited. 4.0l auto.
5" lift, steering garud, 235x15 MT's, bush wires, roof lights.
It's NOT stuck,,,,,, just badly parked !

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 12:40:56 »
For me its the best thing that could of happened ,the coverage will be far better than the Beeb could ever hope for Sky have the means to flood the track with cameras so nothing will be missed and their picture quality is far better, the presenters will be top notch thank god we wont have to put up with that Prima donna Coultard ,no it can only be better anything that Sky cover is greatly improved just look what they have done for Speedway ,Darts, Football ,etc etc ,Sky sports is no 1 but dont just take it from me ask the millions of sports fans that wouldnt have it any other way,--of course just my humble opinion, :smiley:
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline j99mud

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Hemel Hempstead
Opinions on F1 BBC / Sky deal
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 15:13:36 »
Interesting opinion, but sky won't be supplying cameras and neither do the BBC, all tv images are supplied by the world feed, thus meaning that whichever country in the world you watch it they will be the same images, also picture quality will be exactly the same as both broadcast in HD! You don't work for sky do you?? I wouldn't say that 64 podiums makes him a prima Donna, just my opinion. I just feel that alot of fans who perhaps can't afford sky will lose out on watching full live coverage of the sport!

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 16:15:30 »
Interesting opinion, but sky won't be supplying cameras and neither do the BBC,  I just feel that alot of fans who perhaps can't afford sky will lose out on watching full live coverage of the sport!

im one of those people who cant afford sky let alone the extra sky sports is ontop,so im my opinion it SUCKS!!!

Offline gnasha

Attack Member
  • Member No 1720
    • kettering
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 09:58:51 »
Interesting opinion, but sky won't be supplying cameras and neither do the BBC,  I just feel that alot of fans who perhaps can't afford sky will lose out on watching full live coverage of the sport!

im one of those people who cant afford sky let alone the extra sky sports is ontop,so im my opinion it SUCKS!!!

Same here not a good move

Click our banner above to visit our forum
200tdi Landrover 90 200tdi disco what's left of it lol
http://gnasha1.talk4fun.net/ http://www.gnasha1.co.uk/ http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/gnasha/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Offline gtomo2

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 17:53:59 »
Same here for me i am not paying out for sky sports so will just watch the trouring cars instead. Think f1 will be loosing a lot of fans.
Mr Graeme Thomas (tomo)
300 TDi Discovery - So i can go fording
Stop laughing put the camera down AND PASS ME THE TOW ROPE !! PLEASE

Offline dazzawhipple

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 16:30:31 »
Over here we have the live feed from the BBC, and its free, most of the European races are on at 8pm so I have watched a lot more over here

Sky will do a good job but the british public will have to pay for it, it will end up with it all on Pay tv

f1 and Fifa seem to have a lot in common......money talks and lets forget about the fans,
G'Day
Landcruiser 2004 , 4.2 Straight six, Diesel, Roo bar, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, UHF, Roof Consul, Rear Drawer storage system, 50mm Lift

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal