AuthorTopic: Td5 performance upgrade  (Read 5554 times)

Offline chris.hunt22

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Td5 performance upgrade
« on: July 13, 2011, 16:56:37 »
Glad to see Mud Club back up and running!!

Since I was last on here I have sold the 300Tdi off roader for a more sedate 2000 Td5 ES manual for the family and towing the caravan, I have some pennies available to tune it up a little.

Blanking the EGR goes without saying but here is my dilemma.....

My friend had his 2004 Td5 disco beefed up by Td5 Alive (he went for the
'If in doubt, give it a clout!'

1996 Discovery Tdi XS Bright Red
Loads of mods - NOW GONE :-(

2000 Discovery Td5 ES Manual - soon to be chipped!!

Offline boss

Attack Member
  • "steerings a little loose!"
Re: Td5 performance upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 18:47:47 »
my dad hasa td5 thats been violated by td5 alive. goes like stink!

hybrid turbo, silicone hoses, egr, remap, dump valve, D44 ss exhaust, itg filter he thinks hes pushing north of 200bhp. the downside i is you drive it like it has 200bhp youll go through airmass sensors like theres no tomorow, hes looking at a different unit at the moment. the r380 gearbox cant take the torque, head gasgets begin to go and the clutch will begin to hate you.

its nice, it catches alot of people off guard and sounds lovely. gary at TD5 knows what hes on about, i can only comment on the stuff hes done for the disco ie a remap and the turbo, both of which are fine, and he'll map the car to the way you want it.

im looking at getting a td5 and if i do get one and go for the performance upgrades, i wouldnt want to ho as high as 200.

hth

"the young disco chopping maniac" -disco_stu!
www.artoffroad.com

bossFAB - stickers avalable

Offline Cyberprog

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 21:58:45 »
Mine's had extensive work also.

'99 D2 TD5, Stage 2 TD5Alive, Serco Motorsport Intercooler, Boost Box, Samco XDB Extreme Silicone Turbo and Rad Top Hoses. Roverdrives DX-COV Extended LT-230 Sump. EGR Bypass, Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifold. Straight through TD5Alive Stainless Exhaust. TP4x4 NAS Front Bumper, D44 Rear. Uprated (Stage1) ZF4HP22 Autobox with bits from the ZF4HP24.

Goes like the stink! Saving up for the Hybrid Turbo atm... never had any problems with the MAF sensor tho, it was shagged when Gary remapped my Disco, and he put a Genuine one on, and it's been fine since.
Alex Threlfall - Cyberprog New Media
99 T Disco 5Dr Automatic - TD5 Alived! with Larger Intercooler, Samco XDB Hoses, Turbo Boost Box, Stage 2 Remap, Ceramic Exhaust Manifold and Stainless Exhaust
TP4x4 Front & Devon 4x4 Rear HD Bumpers, QT Diff Guards, TP4x4 Steering Guard, Tank Guard, NAS Hitch, Security Screens
Some people have it coming. I'm just a delivery mechanism.

Offline blueV8

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 11:06:43 »
Hi, I have had the JE engineering remap and i am Very pleased with it :grin: :grin: :grin: it just gives the car a much better driving experience, it pulls lovely through all the gears, has a higher cruising speed and the response is so much quicker!! the only thing i could comment on, if anything, is there is a dead spot in first, but this very quickly disappears at about 2000 revs. and until you get used to it, it disappears with a bit of wheel spin!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal