AuthorTopic: Discovery TD5 a fitting NATO hitch for towing a sankey trailer  (Read 1754 times)

Offline DMJ51X

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Just brought a 2000 discovery for a trip to the alps - wife was refusing to go in the 300tdi as no aircon !
I need to tow a camping trailer, that I have just built on a sankey trailer chassis, behind it and the tow bar that is currently fitted is a swan neck and not suitable for a NATO hitch.
I was thinking about an bar with a full length adjustable plate, that will slide up to bumper height, with the NATO hitch mounted on it.
Does anyone tow a sankey behind a TD5 disco?
What set up do you have? Photos would be great.
Would rather buy something off the shelf if possible - no time to fabricate one, though I could get the plate made up if necessary.
I have looked around on the internet but am even more confussed than when I started.

Offline clairedave

Attack Member
  • d2 v8 4.0 es bob
    • Minworth Sutton Coldfield
Re: Discovery TD5 a fitting NATO hitch for towing a sankey trailer
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 21:12:40 »
hi if you have factory fitted toW hitch just bolt on DIXSON & BATE ADJUSTABLE  HITCH 

Offline DMJ51X

Attack Member
Re: Discovery TD5 a fitting NATO hitch for towing a sankey trailer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 23:11:15 »
Thanks

but I dont think that its a factory fitted one, but not sure.

The plate is further forward than the rear face of the bumper so bolting an adjustable plate to it wouldnt gain any height. Think I will give dixonbate a call and see what they say

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal