AuthorTopic: south downs snorkel from 200 tdi to 300 tdi with second battery in place....  (Read 1092 times)

mattyme

has anyone modded the air box on a 300 tdi to allow the second battery to be fitted while allowing a snorkel to be attached?
i havent looked into it too much at the moment cos it aint DIY weather..... however, i think i may be hard pushed to get the battery and snorkel flexi pipe in the same area.
the 200 tdi air box has the inlet on the side whereas the 300 it is in front...... advise welcome and very much appretiated guys, cheers.

Offline big tim

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Move the inlet to the side of the airbox like you would when fitting a safari snorkel with ABS then you can still come though the inner wing dude

Offline monkey boy

Attack Member
hi there i have a southdown and second batty on my 300 i cut the end off and blocked it off then cut into the side by the engine ,used a 63mm down pipe off a greenhouse and sciliconed it in then a right angle facing backwards that i connected my pipe from my snorkel too

mattyme

cheers fellas.... they were both the theories that i had pondered over.

best get the stanley knife and areldite cracking!! lol

Offline Discopoo

Attack Member
  • If my feet are wet I'm deep enough
If you can get hold of one a tank cutter will just go through the side of the air box and the piece of plastic that comes out is the right size to fill the hole at the front.

If you can hang on till the weekend I'll take some pics and send them over?
Old Bikers never die, they just get dusty Helmets.
Disco for fun
Sportrak for work (and a little fun)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal