AuthorTopic: New Battery  (Read 1170 times)

Offline andygod

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Birmingham and surrounding areas regional Rep
  • Referrals: 0
New Battery
« on: November 27, 2010, 08:04:22 »
Are those Optima batteries as good as they seem or am I better investing in a split charge system and two decent batteries? I have a winch so I presume the yellow topped Optima is the one I need?
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum and jolly bad eggs are we

Offline Highland_Defender

Attack Member
Re: New Battery
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 19:49:47 »
Simply put...... yes they are good. Great even.
Id put a red top in to replace ur battery and then a split charge to a yellow for your winch etc

06 Mitsubishi L200 animal-BFG A/T 265-70-17, Midland cb, twin arials, 4 light force 170 lights (for sale)!! Cheap to a good home

Landrover 3.5v8 90-Tree sliders, steering guard, tank guard, light bar, 8 spokes with xzl's

Yamaha 350 Bigbear 4x4-Front VIPER Elite winch, Rear VIPER Elite demount winch, Warn spot lights, 28" tyres

www.nessoffroad.co.uk

Offline Mud_Medic

Attack Member
Re: New Battery
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 05:27:23 »
HI Andy

Optimas are good, but they are so B*&%%$y expensive. They also have a smaller capacity than a standard battery of the same size.

I have bought batteries from Tayna.co.uk in the past and very impressed with the service and price. Highly recommended. I didn't pay the extra to guarantee next day delivery, but it arrived the next day non the less.

My advice is buy the biggest heaviest battery that will fit (agricultural/commercial batteries). They are less than half the price of optimas. As long as they last for more than half as long you are ahead.

I managed to fit a 664 (or was it a 644) in my disco (mm to spare), never had any problems and still going strong after 3 years.

Ed
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal