AuthorTopic: landy converted mog 404 portal axles and lots more  (Read 4797 times)

Offline Carpy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
landy converted mog 404 portal axles and lots more
« on: November 25, 2010, 14:11:46 »
right, very sad day - phone number is 07538 583623 - if you wanna discuss any of the things for sale, im around most of the time

I am relocating to south wales, and i need to free up some income, so im selling the axles

these are originally off a unimog 404. they were converted by portal rover in inverness, and were fitted in a 2002 hi cap pickup 110. if you google portal rover and go on images you can see the vehicle in question. the axles were fully rebuilt prior to refitting under the 110.

have been told by hughie these axles were 100% reliable underneath the land rover. the landy itself had an uprated td5 engine, although with a bit of tweaking i believe you could run them with a 300tdi engine, i know others have.

axles are in good nick, and as they are mogs they are virtually unbreakable. people run these with 54 inch tyres and dont get issues, so they really are bullitproof

also available are a set of 5 39.5 pitbull rockers, on 20 inch mog steel rims, with beadlock. all tyres in good condition, with lots of tread left. spare is unused

also available is a custom transfer box to allow for the differant axle ratios. I dont know a huge amount about it, only that it was fitted to the portal rover, has very low miles, and is in good nick. Built by ashcroft, but not entirely sure as to the ratios, can find out if required.

as i say, i really dont want to sell, but i need to be realistic, and with the move i need all the money i can find.

i am open to sensible offers on the job lot. but please dont call and offer 500 quid, sensible offers not ridiculous ones

would also be interested potentially in either a swap with a land rover and some cash my way, or a swap with a decent rover axle setup and some cash my way

photos:

and portal rover - note this isnt my landy, was the previous owners

i also have a 1989 rangey classic for sale with a 3.5 V8. vehicle is manual, has 120k miles, can come with a set of decent condition 33 inch boggers, has a comprehensive 2 inch lift with bearmach and procomp product, polybushed in many areas, with polybushes for remaining areas included. got mot till spring, along with tax. used as my main vehicle for 8 months, twice monthly commute to south wales with a V8 forced buying a more sensible vehicle, to prevent bankruptcy! exceptionally solid rangey, with new sills throughout, a rebuilt engine, literally thousands spent in my ownership, and thousands spent at the hands of previous owner as well, with receipts to prove. serviced every 6k miles, comes with original manual and all sorts of receipts. interior is cloth as it is just the vogue. and like i say MANUAL so in my mind perfect for offroading. this could be a fantastic toy! rear upper tailgate is in average nick but will last a good few years yet, lower tailgate is new

open to offers on the rangey too, i have accepted that i am evidently not going to get my money back with this one, it owes me a good 6 grand. dont be shy, make an offer, i am listening! just need the money!

photos:

and before lift;

and when i first got it

was a cherished classic as you can see

comes with the numberplate
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 20:40:20 by Carpy »
Only fly as high as you are prepared to fall

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal