AuthorTopic: Hi from Coventry!  (Read 2254 times)

Offline mattaitch

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Hi from Coventry!
« on: November 12, 2010, 21:42:10 »
Hi All! I'm a newbie from Coventry looking to start green laning. I own a bog standard '03 Freelander TD4 but looking to change that! It's my second Land Rover, but a little smaller and more economical than my previous Land Rover 101 Ambulance :-) I miss driving it but my wallet seems a little bit fatter since I stopped filling her up with petrol. The fuel gauge seemed to move quick than the speedometer.

I want to start driving some easy green lanes so I can encourage the wife to come out and drive them as well. She's interested but I don't want to scare her to bits... plus, at present, it's her Freelander!!! So if anyone is up for taking out a pair of newbies that want an easy start, then please get in touch.

Offline 90Mike

Attack Member
Re: Hi from Coventry!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 17:04:24 »
Hello and welcome to the club nice to see another local join. How did you hear about / find us ?

We hold a monthly meet at the Coventry Oak on the last Monday of the month and everyone is welcome. There are some changes on the way with the meetings, with more events and trip's out to be organised with everyones help. So why not come along see what we have to offer and if you want to you can offer to help after all it's everyone's club and run by it's members  :D
MRM Auto Centre
Unit 6 Central City Industrial Estate
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

Services, Repairs and very soon MOTs also available rent a ramp for a day or on an hourly rate PM me for details.

Offline T30CDB

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 17:19:56 »
helloooooo come down to a pub meet and im sure we can point you in the right direction of some nice easy lanes :dance:
and on the eigth day god created ..... Landrover

Offline mattaitch

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 17:23:13 »
I think I heard about Mud Club from a Google search, but have been searching for so many bits and bobs in the last few days it's hard to remember!

The Coventry Oak is 5 mins walk away from where I live, so i'll definitely come along... sounds like a friendly bunch of peeps :-)

Offline MADBEAR

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 17:25:19 »
Hello from one newbie to another  :D  :dance:
Life should  NOT  be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving  safely in an attractive and well preserved body,but rather  to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one  hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO  HOO, What a  Ride

Offline 90Mike

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 18:02:38 »
Hello from one newbie to another  :D  :dance:
Come on Steve tell him how good we all are and what a great bunch of people we are  :D After all thats what i paid you for  ;) ;) :twisted:
MRM Auto Centre
Unit 6 Central City Industrial Estate
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

Services, Repairs and very soon MOTs also available rent a ramp for a day or on an hourly rate PM me for details.

Offline MADBEAR

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 21:13:16 »

Come on Steve tell him how good we all are and what a great bunch of people we are  :D After all that's what i paid you for  ;) ;) :twisted:
[/quote]

That's true what a great bunch they made me wellcom, i cannot weight till we meet up again come to the next meet  :dance: ;) ;)
Life should  NOT  be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving  safely in an attractive and well preserved body,but rather  to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one  hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO  HOO, What a  Ride

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal