AuthorTopic: 4.0 ROVER V8 ENGINE FULLY REBUILT DONE 600 MILES  (Read 845 times)

Offline Tel

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • 300 tdi disco toybox
  • Referrals: 0
4.0 ROVER V8 ENGINE FULLY REBUILT DONE 600 MILES
« on: November 01, 2010, 11:58:54 »
(CUT AND PASTE FROM MY EBAY LISTING SO PLEASE EXCUSE SOME OF THE BLURB)
This is your unique opportunity to own a very special rover v8 engine

this engine has been fully rebuilt and has only done 600 miles 500 was on penrite running in oil, also rest assured the initial start up procedure of these delicate engines has been done properly. one less thing you have to worry about.

All the work possible has been carried out by myself apart from the acid dipping over boring and head skimming, I'm a qualified mechanic and have built this to rovers technical spec using the manual which I will supply with the engine as it has notes that I have made that will be handy for the new owner to keep.
Engine was a 3.9 hot-wire that I have had over bored by 20 tho with new pistons, so from my calculations has a new displacement of 4.0, new main and big end shells, new oe camshaft and litters, solid timing gear conversion, skimmed heads to keep the compression ratio the same when using composite gaskets, valves properly lapped in with new stem seals, new rocker shafts, push rods, rockers and valve springs, refaced oil pump with new gears, basically you name it, it been done, absolutely no expense spared, I built this to give me years of trouble free use but unfortunately my situation has changed so makes way for someone else to enjoy it for years to come.
Every nut & bolt on the engine where possible has been changed to a stainless allen key bolt, has a new genuine land rover water pump and power steering pump fitted even down to only using k&n micron oil filters,
This really is a lovely engine make no mistake

this cost me an absolute fortune to do so grab a bargain and save yourself all the hard work as ive already done it for you

The engine comes with full injection system and ancillaries but doesn
Hawk Performance Vehicles

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal