AuthorTopic: Dont want to buy a new engine if i dont have to!  (Read 1094 times)

Offline thediscodude

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Im a filthy whore who needs a service!!
    • in the fields boi
  • Referrals: 0
Dont want to buy a new engine if i dont have to!
« on: October 22, 2010, 14:11:07 »
Hi to all, its been a month or 2 since i took my disco off the road, been looking for an engine just to replace currunt one, but having not found the 'right' one for sale yet, i thought id just see what advice i could get on the current engine. i took it off the road due to it going through about 5 - 6 litres of oil every 1 - 2 weeks with no leaks underneath, now there is some play in the propeller thing on the rear of turbo, i didnt know if turbo oil seal had gone wether that could cause it to lose that much oil? any help is very muchly appreciated, thanks ollie
300tdi disco,2'' lift, flexi arches, steering guard, diff guards,straight through exhaust to cherry bomb, insa turbo dakars, light bar, mushroom snorkel, cb radio, 2 black and blue cobra bucket seats,. . . so far :D #cumbucket

Offline lurch_917

Attack Member
  • hi all hows it going
    • kettering
Re: Dont want to buy a new engine if i dont have to!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 21:23:07 »
thats not a lot of oil if your turbos compleatly gone when i blew my turbo up i could go through 1 gallon of oil in 5 miles , but as you say if youve got play in the inpeler then i would look at changing it as its a signe its on its way out
As a youth I could run up and down stairs all day now I'm older it takes me all day just to walk upstairs

Offline thediscodude

Attack Member
  • Im a filthy whore who needs a service!!
    • in the fields boi
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 22:29:20 »
ive onlyjust bloomin replaced the turbo lol wat a bummer, worth a ty before we try something deeper i suppose, thanks mate
300tdi disco,2'' lift, flexi arches, steering guard, diff guards,straight through exhaust to cherry bomb, insa turbo dakars, light bar, mushroom snorkel, cb radio, 2 black and blue cobra bucket seats,. . . so far :D #cumbucket

Offline extreme90

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • say no to orange extreme bits !!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 18:56:24 »
if it was the turbo the air pipes will be full of oil and the exhaust will also be oily
Dan Thomas,                  Matt Price
Team Relentless " No half measures "
Bobtailed Auto Td5 90 comp truck........... Got more tricks than a magician !!

http://www.Devon 4x4.co.uk >> for all your truck needs and more !!
http://www.Gigglepin4x4.net >> For when the going gets tuff, and one motor just isnt good enough !!!
http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk >> the guy everyone forgets, but he doesnt forget your custom.

Offline Lumbering Jack

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 11:31:12 »
plus, if you leave it sat ticking over for a few minutes it will more than likely start to rev up on its own, smoke a bit and then the revs drop back down again - that's what my old hilux did when the turbo started drawign oil.
R reg 3.9 Discovery on LPG - pretty standard at mo.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal