AuthorTopic: Chassis change advive Oh and leather seats  (Read 1482 times)

Offline sighnbox

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Chassis change advive Oh and leather seats
« on: October 14, 2010, 18:10:14 »
OK Ive a 110 was a county turbo now with a 200TDI. Its mainly an on road Landy dose some towing 2-4 times a year (sankey) and the roof rack is loaded up for camping 1-2 times a year but hopeing one day to do some expedition some thing like London to Cape Town.

My good lady has treated me for my birthday to a new chassis (luckiest man in Norfolk) After many hours reading up on the old debate Richards or Marsland Ive decided to go with the Richards one.  OK for susspension I'm looking at a Terrafirma medium pro sport set 2"+   and I'm going to go for a complete polybush set.  Has any one any advice on susspension or pollybush sets or anything else that may help with changing it all over ??? I'm all so lookking into having my seats all re dun can anyone recommend any one to do it ???

Thanks Paul
One Life Live It......If you Can afford it

Offline topless matt

Attack Member
Re: Chassis change advive Oh and leather seats
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 17:06:06 »
Dont get terrafirma, spend a bit more money and get OME, esp if you are going to be doing towing or having a heavly laden vehicle, and even more so if you are going to overland it
300tdi, southdown snorkle, tubular bumper, tds winch with dyneema, tree sliders, 6 spotlights, creepy crawler tyres, 2" lift, dislocation cones, dropped mounts all round, wide angle propshafts, mud dash, bucket seats

Likes to eat badgers

Offline sighnbox

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 18:01:05 »
Ive read that OME are very good but can be a bit to firm for on road use ??? Remember this is mainly an on road landy I only Tow a few times a year and the same with the roof rack loaded the rest of the time the roof rack is empty. Standard bumper with A bar and lights no winch.

OK a few other things ....High tensile bolts or stainless ????    (Yes I know stainless isn't as tough but Ive read its OK to use it)

What bolts do I need for a Chassis change/new suspension is there a list any where ???

Stainless brake hoses on the terafferma 2 inch lift how long do they need to be ???

There must be loads people on the site who have dun this ??   Come on you lot any other things I need to think about or consider at all ???
One Life Live It......If you Can afford it

Offline Ja1983

Attack Member
  • This week I have mostly been fixing....
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 01:42:17 »

OK a few other things ....High tensile bolts or stainless ????    (Yes I know stainless isn't as tough but Ive read its OK to use it)

I personally would use steel, and a good layer of waxoyl/paint.

as for suspension, if its a mainly on road vehicle, i'd keep it as landrover designed it - new OE parts all road, you'll be amazed how good standard is compared to whatever its been wearing out over the last few years.

having spent a lot of money on "uprated" parts, i've going back to OE bits purely for reliability, fit for purpose, and ease of fitting!

It has been said that, given enough time, a million monkeys bashing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Saxo forums, we now know this to be wrong

No oil leek = No oil left!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal