Vehicle & Technical > Military

<< < (3/4) > >>

frosty:

there just under 8 foot wide and 12 foot long

frosty:

--- Quote from: sMUDge on October 26, 2010, 00:53:35 ---
--- Quote from: frosty on October 23, 2010, 11:27:55 ---
    whilst on ulan eagle 98 (big exercise in poland) i saw one of these being towed behind a landrover...it had somehow been converted to run on landrover wheels....thatd make a handy trailer espeacally as the trailer width law has just been changed

--- End quote ---

I would doubt that, it'd mean changing axles, "A" frame, tow jaw (or hitch), plus there's the legal side of it  :huh:

--- End quote ---

legal side? i can think of hundreds of illegal mods on green fleet vehcles..rangng from rados and bvs all the way up to sleeping or recovery systems..it was allways a case of modding the vehicles to suit wherever you were going next. someone even suggested the back of a 434 was supposed to contain a spare pack not bunk beds, heaters and more food than the local naafi could supply! any workshop could easily mod a 1/34t in anyway necessary

Banstock:
This is the new MAN SV tlr a bit bigger than the landrover :shocked:

sMUDge:

--- Quote from: frosty on November 10, 2010, 20:59:48 ---
--- Quote from: sMUDge on October 26, 2010, 00:53:35 ---
--- Quote from: frosty on October 23, 2010, 11:27:55 ---whilst on ulan eagle 98 (big exercise in poland) i saw one of these being towed behind a landrover...it had somehow been converted to run on landrover wheels....thatd make a handy trailer espeacally as the trailer width law has just been changed

--- End quote ---
I would doubt that, it'd mean changing axles, "A" frame, tow jaw (or hitch), plus there's the legal side of it  :huh:

--- End quote ---
legal side? i can think of hundreds of illegal mods on green fleet vehcles..rangng from rados and bvs all the way up to sleeping or recovery systems..it was allways a case of modding the vehicles to suit wherever you were going next. someone even suggested the back of a 434 was supposed to contain a spare pack not bunk beds, heaters and more food than the local naafi could supply! any workshop could easily mod a 1/34t in anyway necessary

--- End quote ---
Yes they could, but they are ILLEGAL Mods?  Untested, untrialled etc, anything "can" be done! 

Any ASM worth his salt wouldn't sanction a 1&3/4 conversion !!

Range Rover Blues:
I'd imagine they could be towed by a LR but they might be a big big, a bit tall and a bit OTT.

However, does this mean a good supply of cheap 750/16 8 ply trailer tyres [-o<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version