Vehicle & Technical > Military

<< < (2/4) > >>

sMUDge:
Yep, way too wide for a Land Rover, could suit a Unimog quite well though   :-k

Yes, they are the ones you'll see behind Bedfords   :D

CAST basically means it is no longer of use to the Military.  It can either be an individual vehicle due to damage from an accident etc, or en masse when a replacement is available.  In this instance it's because the new MAN SV vehicle is taking over from the Bedford and the SV is being issued with a larger 3t trailer  :D

dxmedia:
Grand, time to keep an eye on withams then ;)

frosty:

whilst on ulan eagle 98 (big exercise in poland) i saw one of these being towed behind a landrover...it had somehow been converted to run on landrover wheels....thatd make a handy trailer espeacally as the trailer width law has just been changed

sMUDge:

--- Quote from: frosty on October 23, 2010, 11:27:55 ---
    whilst on ulan eagle 98 (big exercise in poland) i saw one of these being towed behind a landrover...it had somehow been converted to run on landrover wheels....thatd make a handy trailer espeacally as the trailer width law has just been changed

--- End quote ---

I would doubt that, it'd mean changing axles, "A" frame, tow jaw (or hitch), plus there's the legal side of it  :huh:

cooper956:
how wide are thay? iv a feeling i came across one in a farm sale and very nerly bought it but it was about 7ft wide looked more lol a landy would be fine with one upto 6ft 6" thats what my cattle trailer is if cheap may be handy for farm use

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version