AuthorTopic: 4 bolt Power Steering box, 90td  (Read 877 times)

Offline Artwigwa

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
4 bolt Power Steering box, 90td
« on: October 11, 2010, 09:35:33 »
Hi all, Where would be the best place to get a power steering box from??   :-k    Because of funds I'll have to go recon   :'(   This will be my second box as the first one lasted only two years that was from paddocks, bad luck maybe  :huh:   ta

Offline Ja1983

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • This week I have mostly been fixing....
  • Referrals: 0
Re: 4 bolt Power Steering box, 90td
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 20:51:59 »
apparently theres been issues with recon boxes in recent years.. If rumours are true, exchane boxes are been shipped off to european countries where labour is cheap, and quality control is somewhat lacking.. apparently rubbers get changed, but bushes dont.. and obviously this leads to premature failure.

You get what you pay for.. on the whole, but i'd certainley look for local ccompanies who may be able to do it for you, and offer a face to face warrenty.

Also how bad is it? 99.9% of landys have some seepage from the box - mine got to doing about 1ltre a month! (left "blood" trails in the snow to confuse local kids! hehe)

It has been said that, given enough time, a million monkeys bashing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Saxo forums, we now know this to be wrong

No oil leek = No oil left!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal