AuthorTopic: HELP! I need info on Anti Roll Bar Specs especially Wolf  (Read 1564 times)

Offline JonGM

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
HELP! I need info on Anti Roll Bar Specs especially Wolf
« on: September 15, 2010, 16:06:41 »
HI
Can anyone help me!
I have been informed that the Anti Roll bars fitted to the Wolf 130, 110 & 90's has a higher/stiffer torsional action than standard.
IS this correct? Did they fit any to the rear?
I am after definitely one for the front but would also like a rear one.
Cheers
Jon  :?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 16:08:17 by JonGM »

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Re: HELP! I need info on Anti Roll Bar Specs especially Wolf
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 20:33:39 »
I'd anticipate that they had both front and rear, it would unbalance the truck to only fit one.  I can't say whether it was thicker but cool if it is, so I'm watching with interest.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

diesel_jim

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 11:34:02 »
From the ones i've poked my nose under and had a quick look at, i'd say the wolf XD bars are about the same thickness as the scrapiron "HD" ones... they're certainly much thicker than the standard factory items.

However.... i used to have a scorpion rear bar on my 110... as good as it was for keeping the thing upright in bends, it really hampered axle travel, and when i went laning in it, i managed to shear one of the bolts off (that goes through the rubber bushes on the link) as it was that stiff (and my 110 has 130" dual rear springs, so quite a lot of force there)

In short... unless you're carrying really heavy loads mainly on road or just "tracks" as opposed to proper off road use with axle twisters, i'd stick with a standard one. i've now got a standard one on the back of the 110 and it handles nicely and i still have axle movement.

* the chap down the road from me does tree surgery... he's got a 110 tipper, and has huge rear springs and a huge A/R bar... it's painted orange, so i suspect it's a scrapiron type. he carries a lot of weight, but only across fields etc.

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 23:49:23 »
Mt LSE has a rear anti roll bar the same thickness as the front.  I suspect most will be this size so that the bushes are off the shelf parts.

I have to say it corners really well though you do get more bump-thump from the back because it's stiffer.

I have no problem twisting the back end other than having to space the anto roll bar brackets.

on Blue I fitted 2 standard ARBs clamped together with U bolts but it's nowhere near as stiff.
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

littlepow

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 10:16:48 »
x-eng do a disconnecting ARB system, if you want best of both worlds

http://www.x-eng.co.uk/X-Deflex.asp
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:19:05 by littlepow »

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 22:23:00 »
I've seen that, hell of a peice of engineering.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal