AuthorTopic: intercoolers....  (Read 664 times)

Offline john656

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
  • Referrals: 0
intercoolers....
« on: August 12, 2010, 20:21:56 »
been looking around for a bigger intercooler as Ive played with the pump :-#
1) are there any around 200 quid,
2) are there any bigger coolers that have the inlet and outlet on the same side as per my 300tdi disco.
3) How much work for a td5 to plumb in??
4) Any other cars i can nick one off that would/can fit

I've looked around the usual suspects (southdown, devon4x4, mm4x4, gwyn lewis, paddock and lrs) but I'm still fairly new to this 4x4 lark so any lesser known company links would be appreciated.

Also any pictures of yours would be appreciated.... Ive looked at Saffy's pictures/slide show but cant find the company that he bought it off as something like that would be ideal.

Im sure this question has been asked as much as 'what tyres?' but any help appreciated.

Ta very much

John
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 20:28:15 by john656 »
My wife can't wrestle but you should see her box.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
Re: intercoolers....
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 21:37:25 »
Ive looked at Saffy's pictures/slide show but cant find the company that he bought it off as something like that would be ideal.

Mine came from some outfit in Wales which I do not have the details of readily to hand but I know they stopped making them to concentrate their speciality in other areas which is a shame as the product was fit for purpose and cheapest on market. You left www.allisport.com off your list.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 22:13:02 by Saffy »
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline mass199

Attack Member
    • Wye Valley
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 21:46:28 »
John Allisport is quite local, near to Newent, or give ahfabrications in Hereford a ring will make you one up.
Herefordshire LRC

Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. All been smashed in MX crashes.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 22:07:06 »
Ive looked at Saffy's pictures/slide show but cant find the company that he bought it off as something like that would be ideal.

Mine came from some outfit in Wales which I do not have the details of readily to hand but I know they stopped making them to concentrate their speciality in other areas which is a shame as the product was fit for purpose. You left www.allisport.com off your list.

the place was called STRAIGHT FORWARD SUPPLIES, www.straightforwardsupplies.co.uk but website no longer exists I think they are now trading under this website www.portalrover.co.uk.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal