AuthorTopic: 110 propshaft uj`s wanted  (Read 1520 times)

Offline jay2578

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Tayside 4x4 Response
  • Referrals: 0
110 propshaft uj`s wanted
« on: August 09, 2010, 18:56:53 »
Guys, i`m needing uj`s for front and rear propshafts on a 110 H-reg, 200tdi.... paddocks have so many, i am unsure which ones! Any pointers please?
Chairman & Trustee
Tayside 4x4 Response
Scottish Charity No. SC042452
info@tayside4x4response.co.uk

`96 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0 (ZJ)
225/70/r16 Marix Puma muds
Roof lights and rack

"It`s a JEEP not a Land Rover!"

Offline topless matt

Attack Member
Re: 110 propshaft uj`s wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 06:37:08 »
Yeah, dont get the from paddocks!
Go to either a land rover specilist or the real deal and get them, they will be a better fit and last longer.
I never buy them from paddocks after i got the so called right one for my 90......bloody thing fell apart after 12 miles!
300tdi, southdown snorkle, tubular bumper, tds winch with dyneema, tree sliders, 6 spotlights, creepy crawler tyres, 2" lift, dislocation cones, dropped mounts all round, wide angle propshafts, mud dash, bucket seats

Likes to eat badgers

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:04:27 »
Yeah, dont get the from paddocks!
Go to either a land rover specilist or the real deal and get them, they will be a better fit and last longer.
I never buy them from paddocks after i got the so called right one for my 90......bloody thing fell apart after 12 miles!

Nonsense, you can buy GKN from paddocks and perfectly fine - some ater UJ from landrover don't even have grease nipples anymore! Check your VIN against microcat and see what you *should* have fitted. Problems is owners mix and match propshafts (sometimes it's easier to by a newnon oem propshaft than replace uj's) so unless you know the vehicles history you won't be positive of ordering the correct size UJ. Only way is to measure what you have and go find the relevant part number - size vs part number details are on posted elsewhere on either this forum or other. When you do get the right ones makes sure you record the part number for next time.

What I have had in past is buying from a Bearmach supplier AND HAVING THE WRONG UJ'S IN THE BOX and that causes all sorts of of fun.

Probably not useful to anyone but me but here are my own log notes I made for the uj's on my truck...
Making a note to myself here as it always bloody confusing
Bearmach UJ's have a partnumber RTC4132    (seems it unique to BM!)
This part is equivalent to Land Rover UJ part numbers:
GUJ103, RTC3291, GUJ116, RTC3458, 43203.

Microcat says my UJ are RTC3458
BeamEnds describe RTC3458 and RTC3191 as Propshaft UJ 'Short Cup' type.
Seems that the RTC3458 genuine doesn?t a have a greaser nipple where as the RTC3191 does (more landrover cost saving).

The BearMach RTC4132 has the grease nipple.

<strike>My Defender 110 has 4 x RTC4132 fitted.
Update: For some reason my  front propshaft hasn't got these UJ's at all ! It's got smaller ones. Will edit post with part number when I get them - hate hate hate the things.</strike>

UPDATE AGAIN (15TH OCT 2009)
I am beginning to suspect that bearmach had put wrong labels on the boxes of the UJ's I had from the landroverorphanage. I have measured all mine including on spare front prop and they are all 2 15/16" (approx 2.937 decimal inch) across the cups, which corresponds to RTC3458/RTC3291 which *should* be same as bearmach's RTC4132. All the UJ's I actually got supplied in the RTC4132 boxes where 3 3/16" (approx 3.187 decimal inch )across the cups which corresponds to RTC3346.

So.. I will state again for my record... my Defender has 4 off RTC34132 (RTC3291) fitted included 2 of same on the spare front prop.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:13:37 by Saffy »
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline topless matt

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 19:00:01 »
Nonsense, you can buy GKN from paddocks and perfectly fine
I know that, im not stupid! 
I was just saying that i ordered the right uj for the correct propshaft and it was the wrong size. I therefore find it easier to go to a LOCAL shop where i can get a uj and if it doesnt fit, be no more than 20 mins changing it rather than having a lot of hastle over the phone with paddocks
300tdi, southdown snorkle, tubular bumper, tds winch with dyneema, tree sliders, 6 spotlights, creepy crawler tyres, 2" lift, dislocation cones, dropped mounts all round, wide angle propshafts, mud dash, bucket seats

Likes to eat badgers

Offline jay2578

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Tayside 4x4 Response
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 19:38:19 »
Now now boys, no arguments please! Need complete propshafts now as they totally let go last night!!
Chairman & Trustee
Tayside 4x4 Response
Scottish Charity No. SC042452
info@tayside4x4response.co.uk

`96 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0 (ZJ)
225/70/r16 Marix Puma muds
Roof lights and rack

"It`s a JEEP not a Land Rover!"

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 19:39:23 »
Nonsense, you can buy GKN from paddocks and perfectly fine
I know that, im not stupid!  
I was just saying that i ordered the right uj for the correct propshaft and it was the wrong size. I therefore find it easier to go to a LOCAL shop where i can get a uj and if it doesnt fit, be no more than 20 mins changing it rather than having a lot of hastle over the phone with paddocks

ermm so why not say that in first place because what you actually you said "Yeah, dont get the from paddocks!
Go to either a land rover specilist or the real deal and get them, they will be a better fit and last longer." kinda implies paddocks are selling UJ product that do not fit or last long. Or you saying your not stupid yet stupid enough to go ahead fit the wrong sized uj that lasted only 12 miles.... just a joke as I am ragging on ya but yeah... read what you wrote :lol:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 19:40:54 by Saffy »
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline topless matt

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 16:20:07 »
Yeah sounds bad when i read it back  :oops:

Likes to eat badgers

Offline topless matt

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 16:20:34 »
quietly collects toys and returns them back to pram  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Likes to eat badgers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal