AuthorTopic: Lurker reporting in...  (Read 1168 times)

Offline M6GKX

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Lurker reporting in...
« on: July 28, 2010, 23:41:42 »
Hiya.

I've been around 4x4s, especially Landrovers since the mid 90s. I started with a Series 3 Lightweight with a 2.25 petrol engine and joined a steep learning curve. 3 engines, 4.5 years later I moved up to coilers, briefly. I had a 1984 RRC V8 for about 2 years and then moved over to road cars. However, I've still managed to take them into some interesting places. Of course, I've usually got them stuck. Snow chains are good to carry for a 2wd drive car :D

My current vehicle is a V8 Auto Defender although it interchanges with a friend when he needs more of a rugged and usable vehicle for his support stuff. When this happens I get to drive his 1994 V8 Auto RRC. Thankfully both have LPG otherwise my credit card would be whimpering a lot more at me. Although they are both returning an amazing 13mpg right now.

I've worked in a variety or roles. Customer services, call centres, professional driving (trucks, vans, cherry-pickers and for the last 2 years, buses).

I'm into computers, GPS & Cartography, Science Fiction, Green Laning, Photography, Landrovers and of course I hold a foundation and intermediate licence for Amateur Radio.

I've been around a variety of forums and some will know me there with a different username. I've been a member on this forum before several years back but ISTR that you've had server changes since then so my credentials will have been long since pruned...

Now I've got access to a 4x4 I'm hoping to do a bit more laning where I can and spread my wings from other stressful complications around me...

Offline 90Mike

Attack Member
Re: Lurker reporting in...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 07:55:44 »
welcome back to the club  :D
MRM Auto Centre
Unit 6 Central City Industrial Estate
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

Services, Repairs and very soon MOTs also available rent a ramp for a day or on an hourly rate PM me for details.

Offline M6GKX

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 00:44:53 »
Thanks ;) I'm sure I'll meet up with the others on the forum in person when I rotate off lates and actually manage to make it to some of the club meets and events ;)

Offline MuddyMike

Attack Member
    • Leyburn, N. Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 16:00:41 »
You sure remind me of someone!

Welcome.

Mike
If you can't get there in a Land Rover you can't get there

Self built Range Rover/Lightweight hybrid (yes the one with yellow wheels)

Offline M6GKX

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 16:07:24 »
Indeed. You're name is familiar too. Difflock & LRUK, Email UKLRO and USLRO.

It's probably been a while since I've seen you down the pub or driven you back to your hotel ;) Of course, I could be wrong :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal