AuthorTopic: td5 paranoia cant hear the centrifuge oil rotor on shut down!  (Read 1131 times)

Offline kevinf

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
 as the title suggests just noticed i cant hear the rotor whining down after the engine is switched off
have checked the obvious rotor turns by hand,oilway and jets on rotor are clear and evidence of oil up there after engine has been run,also felt slight vibration from the filter housing top plate immediately after engine switched off,but not the reassuring noise any body come across this before?

cheers kevin
the shinny blue defender with the winch,checker plate body protection,extra seating and windows
and at this point I noticed the n/s air vent wasnt fully closed so lets not forget the mud stained interior and the water logged kenwood 6disc cd

Offline Def90

Attack Member
Re: td5 paranoia cant hear the centrifuge oil rotor on shut down!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 14:57:21 »
Not that it helps you, but I never used to notice the rotor wind down on my old disco. Now on the defender, I was amazed that I could hear it - I had to ask the question the other way, was hearing this niose normal !

Offline kevinf

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:17:15 »
don't think id be that bothered if i hadn't read in some magazine  quote if you cant hear the rotor then that's the time to worry!!!

any way fingers crossed its not gone bang yet!

ill just have to keep playing about i might find something

cheers kevin
the shinny blue defender with the winch,checker plate body protection,extra seating and windows
and at this point I noticed the n/s air vent wasnt fully closed so lets not forget the mud stained interior and the water logged kenwood 6disc cd

diesel_jim

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 13:25:16 »
I've driven and owned several Td5's, some you can hear, some you can't/

Some i've serviced and they're noisy afterwards, some are quiet.  luck of the draw really!  :lol:

If you've removed the cover, and the filter unit it free to rotate, then don't worry about it.

Offline kevinf

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 20:44:55 »
thats what i wanted to hear :lol:

cheers kevin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal