AuthorTopic: West coast of scotland road run  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Highland_Defender

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
West coast of scotland road run
« on: June 12, 2010, 21:09:39 »
Evening.....

Right, due to the lack of happenings in bonnie Scotland i thought id take it upon myself to organise a run up west.
Just want to know who all might be interested in the trip first...

Plan is to run the trip over a long weekend in august (ish) meeting in Inverness (a southern rendezvous will be appointed too) and driving onward to Applecross to spend the night, take in the best sunset in Britain and enjoy the hospitality.

From there take a drive up the coast to Ullapool or Kylesku, fitting in some light offroading (greenlaning really) on the way. Again staying the night up there etc etc
Next day head south east towards home stopping in for some touristy things if required on the way back and hopefully a forest drive. Overnighter in Inverness/Lochness.

Accommodation is in hotels, I'll secure a very very good price if we can get a small group together.

Meeting point can be moved depending on where the majority of people are coming from.

Rough distance is 300 miles from start to finish plus any offroad sections, there are filling stations around but the fuel is around 5p-10p more expensive up the west.
I see this being a friday-monday trip. If anyone is interested please just get intouch. The sooner the better so i can set the ball rolling properly
This trip shouldn't cost much and once Ive got some interest I'll cost it up, probably start of the week.

So to recap... A long weekend on and off road drive spending 3 nights in 3 different locations and doing 2 offroad greenlane style drives. Accommodation cost for the 3 nights approx £130-£200 per couple depending on what everyone is comfortable with.
Pm me or email me at events@nessoffroad.co.uk
06 Mitsubishi L200 animal-BFG A/T 265-70-17, Midland cb, twin arials, 4 light force 170 lights (for sale)!! Cheap to a good home

Landrover 3.5v8 90-Tree sliders, steering guard, tank guard, light bar, 8 spokes with xzl's

Yamaha 350 Bigbear 4x4-Front VIPER Elite winch, Rear VIPER Elite demount winch, Warn spot lights, 28" tyres

www.nessoffroad.co.uk

Offline Highland_Defender

Attack Member
Re: West coast of scotland road run
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 21:17:20 »
Thanks people, although some of you are happy to camp to save some pennys since your already set up for camping trips and some of you are happy for accomodation.
I think the best thing is going to be B&B's @ around £20-£40 per night.

Feedback please
06 Mitsubishi L200 animal-BFG A/T 265-70-17, Midland cb, twin arials, 4 light force 170 lights (for sale)!! Cheap to a good home

Landrover 3.5v8 90-Tree sliders, steering guard, tank guard, light bar, 8 spokes with xzl's

Yamaha 350 Bigbear 4x4-Front VIPER Elite winch, Rear VIPER Elite demount winch, Warn spot lights, 28" tyres

www.nessoffroad.co.uk

Offline Smiffy

Attack Member
Re: West coast of scotland road run
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 16:55:30 »
Just thought i'd share some pics of when SMC went to Applecross last year.........the 'Cattle Pass' road is a great drive,especially with a convoy of 10 trucks  :evil:

We left from the Wigwams in Tyndrum,headed to Applecross for the night,camping/wigwams. Then over to Skye for a night staying in various accommodation in Portree.

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/smithsurf/Applecrossskye/?albumview=slideshow

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal