AuthorTopic: HELP! Sign petition to save off-road motorsport  (Read 380 times)

Offline Tom Mc

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
HELP! Sign petition to save off-road motorsport
« on: April 20, 2005, 23:49:56 »
I received this from a very active 4x4 club called Mid-West Off-Roaders.  PLEASE - READ IT, ACT UPON IT.

To Whom It May Concern,

I am Secretary of Bradford & District Motor Club, my name is Stuart Cameron and I am contacting you regarding the Single Payment Scheme that is to be/being paid to farmers in the UK, and its affect on off-road motorsport.

As many of you will be aware, any, and more than likely ALL, off road motorsport that uses farmland is under GRAVE threat of extinction due to the new SINGLE PAYMENT SCHEME being paid to farmers nationwide.

Allegedly this is 'New' Labour Government and DEFRA’s way of protecting the countryside but forgetting the many organised motorsport activities that take place in and around the country every week?  It is ONLY these events that it will affect as it will not stop the “I will go anywhere” brigade. It is not only the concern of riders, drivers etc, but also the support industry. Bike, Quad, 4x4 dealers etc will all be affected in one way or another.

I am organising a petition/protest to be given to the new government as soon as possible after the election. I am looking for emails/letters of support and any help whatsoever. Remember this will near stop ALL off road motorsport.

Please don’t sit back and think this will not affect me, if you are involved in off road motorsport in any way IT WILL !!  Just take 2 minutes to send an email or letter of protest PLEASE.

If any organisations have already arranged their own petitions could you please let me know so that we can work together and present a united front.

The BIGGER the pile the better !!

If you have already signed a petition DO NOT sign other petitions because if the powers that be see duplicate names it will de-value the petition.

If you are in the process of organising such a petition / protest please do let me know.

Emails should be sent to:

defrapetition@bradfordtrials.co.uk

All email address will be erased after the petition is presented to the new government/DEFRA.

NO EMAIL ADDRESSES WILL BE GIVEN OUT TO ANY OTHER PERSON / ORGANISATION.

Letters to:

DEFRA PETITION

C/o Stuart Cameron

30 Lymington Drive

Bradford

BD4 9HA      

Please do mark the envelope DEFRA PETITION !!!!!

PLEASE DO FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY FELLOW OFF ROADERS OF ANY DISCIPLINE AS POSSIBLE.

Thank You,

Stuart Cameron
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space".

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal