AuthorTopic: recip or insa ???  (Read 7374 times)

Offline chris_harvey

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
recip or insa ???
« on: May 27, 2010, 18:33:45 »
Ive been looking at tyres over the last week or to as some of you mite know as Ive been asking about size's and things

anyway i love the look of the recip trial Mt's    and also the recip Maxi 3d's
allot of people use insa special tracks and rave about them but Ive read that there no good on the road ?? i don't mind about road noise but the handling problems when on wet roads worries me abit .    but on the other hand Ive been reading that the recip trial Mt's look great but aren't much cop in the mud as they clog up fast .
the only down side to the maxi 3d's is that they are about £105 a corner

does any1 have any info on any 3 of the tyres   
thanks .....

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
Re: recip or insa ???
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 18:42:15 »
I got insa special tracks on at moment - noisey yes but that doesn't bother me, handling... never had a problem with ANY MT in wet, I adjust driving style to suit. They look the business too. Concerns are the tyres have seen less than 1500miles and are falling apart - they are truly crap and over priced for remoulds. The was a 5th tyre but it de-laminated within 2 weeks, sidewall swelled up like balloon and exploded - it's sitting in my garden with pretty much virgin tread on it and a 2 foot hole in side. I know I am not the only one out there that had these tyres fall apart. Cost me nothing so I not bothered. Might as well get www.marix.it Lion tyres from Sowden tyres which look exactly same tread insa special tracks but cheaper price - they can't be any worse quality.
http://www.marix.it/prodotti_dettaglio_eng.php/idcat=22/idsottocat=56/id=143/lingua=1
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 18:48:07 by Saffy »
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline chris_harvey

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 19:38:13 »
oh by the way the tyres i go for havent got to be one of the above just they r kinda in my price range as i am going to have to get sum 16" modulars aswell ya see as at the moment i am running on 15's ive roughly got £450- £500 to spend on the wheels and tyres

Offline les baty

Attack Member
  • Bring on the Mud!!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 20:57:01 »
iv got amazon technics on at the mo and the side walls are cracking already and they are only about 12 months old, i wouldnt buy them again
One Les Live It!!!!!

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 21:09:49 »
get some michelin's iether xpc for all terrain or xzl for mud terrain, they are the last set of tyres you will need to buy for the next 10 years!
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 21:33:56 »
get some michelin's iether xpc for all terrain or xzl for mud terrain, they are the last set of tyres you will need to buy for the next 10 years!

I got a set of XZL's ran them for a year until recently and found them wearing quite readily with road use but not as fast as remoulds granted. Tough as old boots though which is handy around here with razor sharp flints in abundance.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline disco2 td5

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 22:35:04 »
Bfg mt tires are good had them on the td5 I drive quite hard n they have done 20000 miles still got loads of tread on them but they were exspensive at 105 each on a 245/75/16

Offline cooper956

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 09:52:11 »
on my old disco i ran insa dakar never any problems with falling apart ran first set 2 years sidewals crazed after about 18 mounth but still passed a mot as was only on the serfuce thay did about 20k miles till fronts where down so had new set.
anyone that mowns about them for the money must have realy bad ones as for £60 a tyre when i got my last ones thay lasted 2 years and handles very well  due to being softer ruber id say better than bfg mt`s 2 m8s also have run 2 sets and also fine.
if you do 20k miles in 2 years there good if u wan them to years with low miles thay will crack before thay ware out but u get what u pay for iv had cooper stt`s on my 110 thay are no better or worse than the insas on or off road just thay will last longer and have my name on  :lol: but at over £100 a corner ill be watching out for sharp stones! the spcial trac insa could be a difrent  kettle of fish though i know my m8 had some boco dirt deveils years ago mint off road but lugs flying everywhere on road.

tecnics a m8 had a set and withing 18 months the sidewalls had split so much thay didnt hold air (my old insas still only crazed after 3 years  and holding air just not on a road going car)
disco 300tdi xs
109 pickup
caseih 956 turbo 4x4
ih b-275
jd 355
plus banger cars and race cars lol
get in hold on and shut up!

Offline andrew2986

Attack Member
    • Grays Essex
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 10:05:02 »
Hi
Ive just had Insa Turbos fitted to my Disco (265/75 R16)
There great off road but the handling is horrid on road, there like having jelly nailed to the rims !!
there OK up to 50/60 mph but not good over that speed.

Andy
Modified V8 Discovery....now dead.. :(
300TDI slowly being rebuilt
P38 4.6 My only working landrover :)

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. - H.S. Thompson

Offline lurch_917

Attack Member
  • hi all hows it going
    • kettering
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 10:20:36 »
 ive ran special tracks now for three years on my disco no problems yes they arnt the best on the road but there unstoppeble in the mud . also you will hear people call them diff breakers thats because of the awsome tracktion and people spinning the wheels in the air and when they come down spinning its a lot of strain
As a youth I could run up and down stairs all day now I'm older it takes me all day just to walk upstairs

Offline white disco

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 21:07:09 »
i have got inta dakar and are wearing just as well as bfg muds

white disco

Offline Disco Matt

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 22:00:56 »
I got insa special tracks on at moment - noisey yes but that doesn't bother me, handling... never had a problem with ANY MT in wet, I adjust driving style to suit. They look the business too. Concerns are the tyres have seen less than 1500miles and are falling apart - they are truly crap and over priced for remoulds. The was a 5th tyre but it de-laminated within 2 weeks, sidewall swelled up like balloon and exploded - it's sitting in my garden with pretty much virgin tread on it and a 2 foot hole in side. I know I am not the only one out there that had these tyres fall apart. Cost me nothing so I not bothered. Might as well get www.marix.it Lion tyres from Sowden tyres which look exactly same tread insa special tracks but cheaper price - they can't be any worse quality.
http://www.marix.it/prodotti_dettaglio_eng.php/idcat=22/idsottocat=56/id=143/lingua=1

That's exactly my opinion on Insa Dakars. I've had two new tyres under guarantee as one had a blowout at about two days old and another started to show serious delamination. Going for Kumho KL71s in 245/75 R16 as soon as I can afford to, snag is that I'll need a set of five as they're bigger...

If you must buy Insas then look at Paddock as their after sales has been brilliant - on both occasions the tyres were replaced FOC after I emailed them a photo of the problem, with the arrangement being "let us know when you've swapped them and we'll send the courier back for the faulty one". They certainly stand behind what they sell, I just wish the product was worthy of their service!
1996 Discovery 300TDI. She's got it where it counts...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal