AuthorTopic: Hi there  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Paulpen

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Hi there
« on: May 22, 2010, 18:57:31 »
Evening all  :D

Was having a flick through google for a few bits for my first 4x4 and this place seemed pretty decent so thought id say hi.

I brought a Disco 1 300Tdi a few months ago cheap as id like to do a bit of offroading, get my trailer licence and generally potter to work cheaply !

It was cheap but for a reason so made a start and just stripped all the interior and got on with the what seems to be normal boot floor, sill and front floorpans.

Also did the heater matrix  :evil: as it was leaking and fixed an oil leak or two.

Its now going back together as I need it for Glastonbury next month but have no MOT.

All I need to do is get the sill covers back on, put all the driver door internal bits back in somehow and somehow get some new rear seatbelt mounts in as instead of the torx snapping when I took them out the big thick bolt did  :doh:

Anyway thats me so hi all  :thumbup:

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 11:07:43 »
how do, welcome.

Big landrover breaker near Glastonbury (CWS 4x4 Breakers ?) sure it will have your bits on shelf.
Some people swear by them and have had good eals onbits and bobs but I don't like the outfit personally as they tried to rip me off for a 300tdi engine and also tried to convince me that there was major differences between 300tdi defender engine and 300tdi disco engine to justify their grand price difference ... but I was wiser to their dishonest and got kicked out after telling the fat greasy haired smelly boss behind the desk what I thought of him.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

rover51

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 11:52:46 »
Welcome to the Mud Club :)

Offline Paulpen

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 20:10:13 »
Thanks for the welcomes  :D

Had a browse of their site and nothing on there strikes me as cheap really so will try and get my money to people selling bits off their own cars.

Ive found the seatbelt bits I need on ebay - just confirming they fit a non lifted vehicle.

Door handle has turned up aswell so just need some rear seatbelt bolts and to get the sill covers fitting clips and it should be back to its normal look of a standard boring truck  :oops:

Offline mrplebby

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 21:32:16 »
Welcome to the forum, im a newbie myself.  :dance:
Hope is a good thing maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

http://www.nufcnews.co.uk/discovery2

Offline ArryG

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 01:33:32 »
hello Paully, Fancy seeing you here  :lol:

If you need seat belt bits - the old man might be able to help you with the Disco he's got.

Give me a ring!

Offline Paulpen

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 18:05:03 »
What you doing on here G ?!

All sorted on the bits now just got to cover all the surface rust underneath and ill be happy and hopefully have an MOT :)

Offline ArryG

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 10:58:37 »
Good work mate! Pics lol

Looking to hopefully get some help before we tackle the 200TDi conversion

:-o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal